Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] How to refer more than 9 command line inputs for a scripts in korn shell? Post 302878422 by pat_pramod on Friday 6th of December 2013 05:37:23 AM
Old 12-06-2013
Thank you everyone (Specially Don and CarloM), it worked with ksh instead of sh. Also sorry for being late to respond.
Here are some of the details I could find.....
Code:
/export/home/pj317q> type sh
sh is a tracked alias for /usr/bin/sh

Code:
/export/home/pj317q> uname -s
SunOS
/export/home/pj317q> uname -r
/export/home/pj317q> echo $SHELL
/bin/ksh

and finally the script is good and I can make use of this in my code.
Here is the output now:
Code:
/export/home/pj317q> cat displayname.sh
#!/bin/ksh
echo $1
echo $2
echo $9
echo ${15}
echo ${10}
/export/home/pj317q>
/export/home/pj317q> ksh displayname.sh a b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v
a
b
I
o
j
/export/home/pj317q>

Also please let me know if you want me to check anything more on the this system which might help you in some way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error Handling in Korn Shell scripts

Hi, I am using few ISQL statements to update and delete from a few tables in sybase, now i want to roll back the transaction when any of the statements fail.How i can i capture these errors in the shell scripts.Please advise. Thanks, Gopi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line inputs validation

Hi, I have a script called read.sh that takes a file as input. Now I want to make that script take the file as input with a -f option preceding the filename. How can I do this validation. How can I find whether the given option is -f or not inside the script. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vaildation of command line inputs

Hi, I want to do the following validations in my script when my script gets 2 parameters as command line inputs. My script expects 2 inputs : a -f option and a filename If a filename is given as input without the -f option then I have to exit. If only -f option is given and no filename is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
6 Replies

4. Programming

How to refer to variable (korn shell)?

Hi I have the following block of code in korn shell and don't now how to refer to variable `print variable1.$dvd` ? --- integer dvd=4 integer number=0 while (( dvd!=0 )) do print "Iteracja numer : $dvd" print "$_" #it refers to $dvd var but want to refer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print pipe separated list as line by line in Korn Shell

Korn Shell in AIX 6.1 I want to print the below shown pipe (|) separated list line by line. line=es349889|nhb882309|ts00293|snh03524|bg578835|bg37900|rnh00297|py882201|sg175883 for i in line do echo "Hello $line " done I wanted to execute the above for loop. But i can't even set the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polavan
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to refer to input file in code?

This may be a dumb question, but googling is not giving me an answer. I'm trying to figure out how to refer to an input file in my code. Lets say i run a script in bash: "sh shellscript.sh inputfile" (Inputfile will be variable...whatever file i run the script on) I wanted to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato22
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Issue with using for loop as for in {2..6} in korn shell

Hi i have to cut columns 2 to 6 from a file and assign it to arrays , The following code works for ctcol in 2 3 4 5 6; do set -A a$ctcol $(cut -d, -f $ctcol test_file) done how ever this does not work for ctcol in {2..6}; do set -A a$ctcol $(cut -d, -f $ctcol test_file)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Korn Shell execution

There are two Korn Shell scripts : script_1.ksh ( located in /home/dir1 ) script_2.ksh ( located in /home/dir2 ) Content of script_2.ksh is #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "Hello world.." The script_2.ksh is called from within script_1.ksh using the following command : ./home/dir2/script_2.ksh but... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Finding a word in all shell scripts

Hi i have to find the shell script that contain the word PROC__TO_UPDATE SEARCH SHOULD BE INSENSITIVE AND SCRIPT CAN BE DEPLOYED IN ANY PATH. I am on Solaris. (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
27 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send keyboard inputs toa UNIX command executed from a shell script?

I have a unix command that prompts for 'y'. How do I run this from my shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies
VDETAPLIB(1)						      General Commands Manual						      VDETAPLIB(1)

NAME
vdetaplib - Virtual Distributed Ethernet tap emulation library SYNOPSIS
No synopsis DESCRIPTION
vdetaplib is a library that emulates tap (tuntap level2 interface, see in kernel sources Documentation/networking/tun.c) and connects tap virtual interfaces to vde networks. To use it, the libvdetab.so library must be preloaded (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/vde2/libvdetap.so (csh, tchs syntax): setenv LD_PRELOAD /usr/lib/vde2/libvdetap.so If you want to divert all tap requests to a single vde_switch set the variable VDEALLTAP to the vde socket. (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export VDEALLTAP=/tmp/vde.ctl (csh, tchs syntax): setenv VDEALLTAP /tmp/vde.ctl It is possible to set each single interface to different vde_switches by setting the environment variable with the same name of the inter- face. (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export tap0=/tmp/vde.ctl export tap1=/tmp/myvde.ctl export ppc=/tmp/ppc.ctl (csh, tchs syntax): setenv tap0 /tmp/vde.ctl setenv tap1 /tmp/myvde.ctl setenv ppc /tmp/ppc.ctl It is also possible to specify port, group or mode for a given interface setting environment variables as in the following example. (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export tap0_port=5 export tap0_group=vde-net export tap0_mode=0660 (csh, tchs, syntax): setenv tap0_port 5 setenv tap0_group vde-net setenv tap0_mode 0660 The variable to set the specific interface is checked first then VDEALLTAP. VDEALLTAP thus works as a default choice for the vde switch to be used. If VDEALLTAP is not set and there is no specific environment variable (and for tun -- IFF_TUN interfaces) the kernel provided interface is used. In this latter case access to /dev/net/tun is required, generally root access. NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vdeq(1). AUTHOR
VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet December 6, 2006 VDETAPLIB(1)