Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need distinct values from command in a script Post 302878330 by Vishal_dba on Thursday 5th of December 2013 02:42:22 PM
Old 12-05-2013
Need distinct values from command in a script

Hello,

I am using below command
Code:
srvctl config service -d cmdbut

[dev-oragrid-ux01]cmdbut_01 (P):/devoragridcn_01/app/oracle> srvctl config service -d cmdbut
Service name: boms10.world
Service is enabled
Server pool: cmdbut_boms10.world
Cardinality: 1
Disconnect: false
Service role: PRIMARY
Management policy: AUTOMATIC
DTP transaction: false
AQ HA notifications: false
Failover type: NONE
Failover method: NONE
TAF failover retries: 0
TAF failover delay: 0
Connection Load Balancing Goal: LONG
Runtime Load Balancing Goal: NONE
TAF policy specification: NONE
Edition:
Preferred instances: cmdbut_01
Available instances: cmdbut_02
Service name: boms_cmdbut_01.world
Service is enabled
Server pool: cmdbut_boms_cmdbut_01.world
Cardinality: 1
Disconnect: false
Service role: PRIMARY
Management policy: AUTOMATIC
DTP transaction: false
AQ HA notifications: false
Failover type: NONE
Failover method: NONE
TAF failover retries: 0
TAF failover delay: 0
Connection Load Balancing Goal: LONG
Runtime Load Balancing Goal: NONE
TAF policy specification: NONE
Edition:
Preferred instances: cmdbut_01
Available instances: cmdbut_02

This is supposed to give values as shown in the output and I need distinct values for Preferred instances: and Available instances: which means that all distinct values of Preferred instances and all distinct values of Available instances .Here ,Preferred instances: distinct value is cmdbut_01 and Available instances is cmdbut_02

Please help me in writing a script on this.
Best regards,
Vishal

Last edited by Vishal_dba; 12-05-2013 at 03:48 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through only the distinct values in a file

Datafile has the following data seperated by : FIELD1:FIELD2:FIELD3 D1:/opt/9.1.9:Y D2:/opt/10.1.10:Y D3:/opt/9.1.9:Y D4:/opt/8.1.8:Y D5:/opt/8.1.8:Y D6:/opt/9.1.9:Y D7:/opt/9.1.9:Y D8:/opt/10.1.10:Y D9:/opt/9.1.9:Y D10:/opt/10.1.10:Y I want to do some operations only on the distinct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbekal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to print distinct col values

Hi Guys... I am newbie to awk and would like a solution to probably one of the simple practical questions. I have a test file that goes as: 1,2,3,4,5,6 7,2,3,8,7,6 9,3,5,6,7,3 8,3,1,1,1,1 4,4,2,2,2,2 I would like to know how AWK can get me the distinct values say for eg: on col2... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Distinct values from second field in a file....

Hi I have a pipe delimited file. I am trying to grab the DISTINCT value from the second field. The file is something like: 1233|apple|ron 1234|apple|elephant 1235|egg|man the output I am trying to get from second field is apple,egg (apple coming only once) Thanks simi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simi28
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep distinct values

this is a little more complex than that. I have a text file and I need to find all the distinct words that appear in a line after the word TABLESPACE when I grep for just the word tablespace, I get: how do i parse this a little better so i have a smaller file to read? This is just an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select distinct values from a flat file

Hi , I have a similar problem. Please can anyone help me with a shell script or a perl. I have a flat file like this fruit country apple germany apple india banana pakistan banana saudi mango india I want to get a output like fruit country apple ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smalya
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

distinct values of all the fields

I am a beginner to scripting, please help me in this regard. How do I create a script that provides a count of distinct values of all the fields in the pipe delimited file ? I have 20 different files with multiple columns in each file. I needed to write a generic script where I give the number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

distinct values of all the fields

I am a beginner to scripting, please help me in this regard. How do I create a script that provides a count of distinct values of all the fields in the pipe delimited file ? I have 20 different files with multiple columns in each file. I needed to write a generic script where I give the number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

average of distinct values with awk

Hi guys, I am not an expert in shell and I need help with awk command. I have a file with values like 200 1 1 200 7 2 200 6 3 200 5 4 300 3 1 300 7 2 300 6 3 300 4 4 I need resulting file with averages of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saif
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show distinct values of a key from a single line

Hi All, I am newbie to linux. Can somebody help me with following requirement. I have one huge line. I have to find out particular key/value pair to see the distinct value of that key. Portion of the String:- <?xml version="1.1" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Data><Val Ti="1342750845538" Du="0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmajumder
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find distinct values

Hi, I have two files of the following format file1 chr1:345-456 chr2:123-456 chr2:455-678 chr3:456-789 chr3:444-555 file2 chr1:345-456 chr2:123-456 chr3:456-789 output (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies
smf_security(5)                                         Standards, Environments, and Macros                                        smf_security(5)

NAME
smf_security - service management facility security behavior DESCRIPTION
The configuration subsystem for the service management facility, smf(5), requires privilege to modify the configuration of a service. Priv- ileges are granted to a user by associating the authorizations described below to the user through user_attr(4) and prof_attr(4). See rbac(5). The following authorization is used to manipulate services and service instances. solaris.smf.modify Authorized to add, delete, or modify services, service instances, or their properties. Property Group Authorizations The smf(5) configuration subsystem associates properties with each service and service instance. Related properties are grouped. Groups may represent an execution method, credential information, application data, or restarter state. The ability to create or modify property groups can cause smf(5) components to perform actions that may require operating system privilege. Accordingly, the framework requires appropriate authorization to manipulate property groups. Each property group has a type corresponding to its purpose. The core property group types are method, dependency, application, and frame- work. Additional property group types can be introduced, provided they conform to the extended naming convention in smf(5). The following basic authorizations, however, apply only to the core property group types: solaris.smf.modify.method Authorized to change values or create, delete, or modify a property group of type method. solaris.smf.modify.dependency Authorized to change values or create, delete, or modify a property group of type dependency. solaris.smf.modify.application Authorized to change values or create, delete, or modify a property group of type application. solaris.smf.modify.framework Authorized to change values or create, delete, or modify a property group of type framework. solaris.smf.modify Authorized to add, delete, or modify services, service instances, or their properties. Property group-specific authorization can be specified by properties contained in the property group. modify_authorization Authorizations allow the addition, deletion, or modification of properties within the property group. value_authorization Authorizations allow changing the values of any property of the property group except modify_authorization. The above authorization properties are only used if they have type astring. If an instance property group does not have one of the proper- ties, but the instance's service has a property group of the same name with the property, its values are used. Service Action Authorization Certain actions on service instances may result in service interruption or deactivation. These actions require an authorization to ensure that any denial of service is a deliberate administrative action. Such actions include a request for execution of the refresh or restart methods, or placement of a service instance in the maintenance or other non-operational state. The following authorization allows such actions to be requested: solaris.smf.manage Authorized to request restart, refresh, or other state modification of any service instance. In addition, the general/action_authorization property can specify additional authorizations that permit service actions to be requested for that service instance. The solaris.smf.manage authorization is required to modify this property. Defined Rights Profiles Two rights profiles are included that offer grouped authorizations for manipulating typical smf(5) operations. Service Management A service manager can manipulate any service in the repository in any way. It corresponds to the solaris.smf.manage and solaris.smf.modify authorizations. The service management profile is the minimum required to use the pkgadd(1M) or pkgrm(1M) commands to add or remove software packages that contain an inventory of services in its service manifest. Service Operator A service operator has the ability to enable or disable any service instance on the system, as well as request that its restart or refresh method be executed. It corresponds to the solaris.smf.manage and solaris.smf.modify.framework authorizations. Sites can define additional rights profiles customized to their needs. Remote Repository Modification Remote repository servers may deny modification attempts due to additional privilege checks. See NOTES. SEE ALSO
auths(1), profiles(1), pkgadd(1M), pkgrm(1M), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), rbac(5), smf(5) NOTES
The present version of smf(5) does not support remote repositories. SunOS 5.10 2 Dec 04 smf_security(5)