Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding difference in between two array's of strings Post 302878217 by neutronscott on Thursday 5th of December 2013 05:07:41 AM
Old 12-05-2013
Code:
mute@thedoctor:~$ ./script
declare -a new='([0]="Purge Concurrent Request and/or Manager Data" [1]="Purge Signon Audit data" [2]="Never see me")'
mute@thedoctor:~$ cat script
#!/bin/bash

inarray() {
        local n=$1 h

shift
        for h; do
                [[ $n = "$h" ]] && return
        done
        return 1
}

purge=("Purge Concurrent Request and/or Manager Data" "Purge Signon Audit data" "Purge Obsolete Workflow Runtime Data" "Purge Logs and Closed System Alerts")
purge_1=("Purge Obsolete Workflow Runtime Data" "Purge Logs and Closed System Alerts" "Never see me")

for e in "${purge[@]}"; do
        inarray "$e" "${purge_1[@]}" || new=("${new[@]}" "$e")
done
for e in "${purge_1[@]}"; do
        inarray "$e" "${purge[@]}" || new=("${new[@]}" "$e")
done

declare -p new

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the time difference

Hi, I have two files A.txt and B.txt. And i have the following attributes in both the files. <date and time> <a unique id> For eg: <2007 May 30 20:29:36:034 GMT> <ID1> in A.txt <2007 May 30 20:42:36:038 GMT> <ID1> in B.txt Now, i need to find the time difference... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: padma.raajesh
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding difference between 2 directory recursively

Hi, i'm trying to compare two directories in Unix. I need a recursive search ie my shell script should also compare common files in those two directory and so on... any clues.. ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yayati
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding strings

Hi I made a post earlier but now my problem has become a lot more complicated. So I have a file that looks like this: Name 1 13 94 1 AGGTT Name 1 31 44 1 TTCCG Name 1 13 94 2 AAAAATTTT Name 1 41 47 2 GGGGGGGGGGG So the file is tab delimited and what I want to do is find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding number of strings in List

I have a list of strings stored in $Lst Example set Lst = "John Fred Kate Paul" I want to return 4 in this case. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding strings through multiple lines

Hi, I need to search for a multiple line pattern and remove it the pattern is search for (ln number) <TABLE name=*> and if 3 lines below that the line is (ln number) </TABLE> Then remove those 4 lines. Thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: legolad
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding difference between two files

Hi, I have two files one with 12486 lines second one with 13116 As per the comparsion between two files the count have 630 difference I used diff command to find the difference between two files but it's not understandable could any one suggest any command to get 630 records in a new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finding in date difference

Hi, My date is coming as STARTDATE=Sun Jul 15 00:34:23 2012 ENDDATE=Sun Jul 15 00:50:04 2012I want difference between these two dates,anyone's helps will be appriciated. Thanks Prasoon (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding first difference between two files

Hi! I'd like to know if it is possible for a command to find the first difference between two large files, output that line from both file and stop, so no need to continue after that to save some computation time. I don't think looping through it will be efficient enough but that's the only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mojing
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding similar strings between two files

Hi, I have a file1 like this: ABAT ABCA1 ABCC1 ABCC5 ABCC8 ABCE1 ABHD2 ABL1 CAMTA1 ACBD3 ACCN1 And I have a second file like this: chr19 46118590 46119564 MACS_peak_1499 3100.00 chr19 46122009 46148405 CYP2B7P1 -2445 chr1 7430312 7430990... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_bahreini
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding difference in 2 different timestamps

Legends, I have a requirement to run the script exactly after one hour of completion of dependent script. Eg: Script B should run after one hour on the completion of Script A. I got the time stamps using following variables. these scripts runs in autosys > DATE=`date +%H:%M` >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
4 Replies
PAM_ABL(1)							   User Commands							PAM_ABL(1)

NAME
pam_abl - query or purge the databases used by the pam_abl module. SYNOPSIS
pam_abl [OPTION] [CONFIG] DESCRIPTION
Provides a non-pam interface to the infomration stored in the pam_abl module databases. CONFIG is the name of the pam_abl config file (default: /etc/security/pam_abl.conf). The config file is read to discover the names of the pam_abl databases, the rules that control purging of old data from them and commands to run when a user or host switches state. OPTIONS
MAINTENANCE -h, --help See this message. -p, --purge Purge databases according to purge rules in config. -r, --relative Display times relative to now. -v, --verbose Verbose output. NON-PAM INTERACTION -f, --fail Fail user or host. -w, --whitelist Perform whitelisting (remove from blacklist, does not provide immunity). -c, --check Check status. Returns non-zero if currently blocked Prints name: status if verboseness is specified. If more than one host or user is given, checks only the first host/user pair. -s, --service Operate in context of specified service. Defaults to none. -U, --user Operate on user (wildcards are ok for whitelisting). -H, --host Operate on host (wildcards are ok for whitelisting). If you specified commands to run in your configuration, those commands will try to run if the host or user switches state (blocked <-> clear) since the last time it was checked. The command will only be able to run, however, if you supply enough information to fill in the substitutions in the command. For instance, if your host_clr_command uses the %s parameter, you will need to specify the service with -s in order for the command to actually run. EXAMPLES
Obtain a list of failed hosts and users: $ pam_abl Obtain a full list of failures listing times relative to now: $ pam_abl -rv $ pam_abl --relative --verbose Purge old data: $ pam_abl -p $ pam_abl --purge Unblock all example.com, somewhere.com hosts: $ pam_abl -w -H *.example.com -H *.somewhere.com Fail the host badguy.com and the user joe: $ pam_abl -f -H badguy.com -U joe Check whether joe is currently allowed to use your neato service from somehost, running the necessary commands if he switches state: $ pam_abl -c -U joe -H somehost -s neato AUTHORS
Andy Armstrong <andy@hexten.net> Chris Tasma <pam-abl@deksai.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <pam-abl@deksai.com> SEE ALSO
pam_abl.conf(5), pam_abl(8) GNU
01/13/2010 PAM_ABL(1)