Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Merging 2 Arrays
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merging 2 Arrays Post 302878176 by pbmitch on Wednesday 4th of December 2013 11:12:28 PM
Old 12-05-2013
Merging 2 Arrays

I am trying to create a script that combines 2 arrays:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
read -a unix    #(a c e g)
read -a test     #(b d f)

#now I want to merge ${unix[@]} with ${test[@]}, one after another such that the result would be: (abcdefg)
#I've tried quite a few options and can't seem to make it work

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 12-05-2013 at 02:14 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Help

Hi Gurus, I need a help in merging the files. I have nearly 7 files and the files will have time stamp in it. I need to merger these files condition is it is not necessary that all the 7 files has to be there. suppose if i have only 3 files availabe out of these 7 then i need to merge... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarc
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging arrays

Hi all, I need some help in merging arrays. I have two arrays and using korn shell Array1 AB23 AB24 Array2 CD00 CD01 CD02 Elements from array 1 should always alternate with elements of arrays 2 i.e the result should look like AB23CD00 AB24CD01 AB23CD02 Any help is appreciated.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

3. Web Development

PHP arrays in arrays

PHP question... I have an SQL query that's pulled back user IDs as a set of columns. Rather than IDs, I want to use their names. So I have an array of columns $col with values 1,7,3,12 etc and I've got an array $person with values "Fred", "Bert", "Tom" etc So what I want to do is display the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging

Hi all, I have 2 files. I want to merge a portion or column in file 2 into file 1. file 1 - not tab or space delimited B_1 gihgjfhdj| hgfkddlldjljldjlddl B_2 gihgjddshjgfhs| hgfkddlldjljldjlddl B_3 gihgjfhdj| hgfkddlldjljldjlddlhgjdhdhjdhjhdjhdjhgdj file2 -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : merging two arrays on basis of common parameter

I have 2 arrays, @array1 contains records in the format 1|_|X|_|ssd|_| 4|_|H|_|hbd|_| 9|_|Y|_|u8gjdfg|_| @array2 contains records in the format X|_|asdf|_| Y|_|qwer|_| A|_|9kdkf|_| @array3 should contain records in the PLz X|_|ssd|_|asdf|_| Y|_|hdb|_|qwer|_| PLZ dont use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: centurion_13
2 Replies

6. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files with merging line by line

Hi, I have two files and i want to merge it like, file1.txt --------- abc cde efg file2.txt ------- 111 222 333 Output file should be, -------------- abc 111 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging

Hi, I have searched the forums for a solution but I haven't found a perfect answer, and I'm a bit of a novice, so I hope someone can help: I have 2 files: file1: Chr1 139311 1/1:37,3,0:19 Chr1 139350 1/1:67,6,0:19 Chr1 139404 1/1:0,0,0:7 Chr1 152655 0/1:0,0,0:3 Chr1 152718... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging 2 Arrays in a script

I am creating (with help) my own version of a calculator script that simply merges 2 arrays ( ${a}${b}${a}${b}... etc ) #!/bin/bash echo "Enter the integers you would like to calculate" read -a nums echo "You entered ${#nums} integers" let batch="${#nums}-1" echo "Enter how you want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbmitch
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on merging

I have a total of 100 files (variable size of each file) with total size of 328950 bytes. I want to merge those 100 files into 4 files with each size be close to equal size i.e (328950/4 ~= 82238) but do not want to break any file. Any unix sheel script help will be really helpful. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: George1234
18 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)