Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Usage of '-' in eval command. Post 302878077 by Kuldip on Wednesday 4th of December 2013 01:13:23 PM
Old 12-04-2013
- is not a valid character for a variable name.:Is this restriction in Unix?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access to database/eval command

Hi i have the following code: if(($line!=1) and (@field!='\$')){ print ( "\nTRY TO CONNECT TO DATABASE................\n"); my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $user, $pass); print ("CONNECTED TO DATABASE\n"); eval ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with eval usage for string containing Environment Variable

Help !! First, Thanks in Advance Here is what I have I have an environment Variable, let's call it v_VALUE. v_VALUE="\$ORACLE_HOME/bin" Hence, the location is ORACLE_HOME is not evaluated. ORACLE_HOME happens to be /app/oracle/product/10.1.2 I need a method of returning the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhangliter
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

assignment to variable from eval command

Hi Gurus, I am having 2 parameters as below parm1=value1 parm2=parm1 I want to evaluate parm1 value using eval echo \$$parm2 and later i want to assign this value to other variable which i will be using in if statement like : if ]; then do this....... fi could you please suggest... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_vikash
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eval command help

I have file called myfile which has the text "myserver" in it. I need to have a command to ping "myserver". How would I do that? I tried when I type at the terminal I get the output as . How do I do something like a ? thanks, Nick (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilfake
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange result of eval, how does eval really work with ssh?

Hi all, some small script with eval turned me to crazy. my OS is linux Linux s10-1310 2.6.16.53-0.8.PTF.434477.3.TDC.0-smp #1 SMP Fri Aug 31 06:07:27 PDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux below script works well #!/bin/bash eval ssh remotehost date eval ssh remotehost ls below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl eval command .....

Hi All, I read the above written code (perl code) in another perl script and evaluates this code for each line of text file,but using exit statement in code make this not to work and i could not get the desired results. However if i use return it works fine. I just need to know why it doesn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in eval eval command to print html tags

anyone has any info on why this is complaining??? vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ zoneCounter=1 vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ optUsage1=23% vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ eval eval echo "<th>Zone $zoneCounter </th><th align=\"left\"> \$optUsage$zoneCounter </th>" -bash: syntax error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in eval eval command to print html tags

anyone has any info on why this is complaining??? vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ zoneCounter=1 vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ optUsage1=23% vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ eval eval echo "<th>Zone $zoneCounter </th><th align=\"left\"> \$optUsage$zoneCounter </th>" -bash: syntax error... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
13 Replies
tld_check_lz(3) 						      libidn							   tld_check_lz(3)

NAME
tld_check_lz - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <tld.h> int tld_check_lz(const char * in, size_t * errpos, const Tld_table ** overrides); ARGUMENTS
const char * in Zero-terminated string in the current locales encoding to process. size_t * errpos Position of offending character is returned here. const Tld_table ** overrides A Tld_table array of additional domain restriction structures that complement and supersede the built-in information. DESCRIPTION
Test each of the characters in in for whether or not they are allowed by the information in overrides or by the built-in TLD restriction data. When data for the same TLD is available both internally and in overrides, the information in overrides takes precedence. If several entries for a specific TLD are found, the first one is used. If overrides is NULL, only the built-in information is used. The position of the first offending character is returned in errpos. Note that the error position refers to the decoded character offset rather than the byte position in the string. RETURN VALUE
Returns the Tld_rc value TLD_SUCCESS if all characters are valid or when tld is null, TLD_INVALID if a character is not allowed, or addi- tional error codes on general failure conditions. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-libidn@gnu.org>. GNU Libidn home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/libidn/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2012 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for libidn is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and libidn programs are properly installed at your site, the command info libidn should give you access to the complete manual. libidn 1.25 tld_check_lz(3)