Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Self contained shared libraries Post 302877580 by jlliagre on Monday 2nd of December 2013 11:05:49 AM
Old 12-02-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb
I see.
But do you understand my concern ?
If so, is there a way to achieve what I am after ?
You'd rather explain better what is the precise problem you are trying to solve with self contained libraries.

Outside "different behavior", you didn't provide any details or clues.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Shared libraries

Hello everybody, I am having major problems at the moment with shared libraries and I have to little knowledge of them to solve them. So please, please help me :) Ok this is the problem: I have a library A, which uses B and C, and C uses again D. If I try to run A as plugin in apache,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micky
0 Replies

2. Programming

shared libraries

I am compiling code which produces .a and .la libraries. How can I produce .so libraries? I know that gcc -shared does but how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clarification about shared Libraries

I have a doubt about the shared libraries. Where do you set the path for the shared libaries, for the dynamic loader to locate. Any suggestion would be of great help. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar_gr
3 Replies

4. Linux

Shared Libraries

How do i make a library shared say i have a library a.so which i have just compiled. I want to make it shared how do i make it Next Queation is what is the difference between a.so.0 a.so.1 a.so.2 & a.so :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

static and shared libraries

can someone explain whether my understanding is correct lets suppose we have a program that uses library x. if x is static then the code of x will be part of our program, so if we're going to have 5 executables of our program, then each executable will have x as part of it. Also, x does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared Libraries- CRITICAL !!

Hi, I am trying to create a shared library from a .c file using gcc -c -fpic -I/usr/local/include Chksum.C -o Chksum.o gcc -shared -o libtclcksum.so Chksum.o when i try to load this shared library libtclcksum.so in tclsh % load libtclcksum.so I get the following error: couldn't load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana485
1 Replies

7. Programming

Compiling and linking Shared Libraries.

I have one C program which contains a function call. I have been given some .so and .h files. I want to know how to compile and link the c program with .so files. I tried following: $ gcc My_program.c libCommon.so My_program.c: In function âmainâ: My_program.c:11: warning: parameter names... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
3 Replies

8. AIX

Loaded Shared Libraries

Hi, I have a problem about loaded shared libraries. I'm issuing ‘procldd' for a process and AIX shows me the loaded shared libraries. I'm collecting these libraries and counting their size. They were 350MB. After this, I'm issuing ‘ps vx' and I'm seeing that the process takes 130MB from AIX's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhatzics
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

shared libraries problem

hi, while running the below query it gives the shared libraries prmblem, $ cd /oracle/app/product/fmw/asinst_1/bin/ $ ./opmnctl status /oracle/app/product/fmw/Oracle_IDM1/opmn/bin/opmn: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open shared object file: Permission... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulsword
0 Replies

10. Programming

C/C++ shared libraries on Linux.

This is the first time that I created a dynamic library in linux and although the program works, I do not get the correct information about the library when executing ldd. I explain the details: 1) Source code: bye_fn.c: #include <stdio.h> #include "hello.h" void bye (const char*... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jose_spain
9 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)