Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove multiline text between brackets Post 302877558 by radoulov on Monday 2nd of December 2013 07:28:41 AM
Old 12-02-2013
Escape both open and close parenthesis and it will work:
Code:
perl -0777pe'
  s/\([^)]*\n+.*?\)\s+/\n/sg;
  s/\(.*?\)\s+//sg;
  s/\n+/\n/sg
  ' infile

You don't need to escape the curly braces in this context,
I corrected my previous post.

Last edited by radoulov; 12-02-2013 at 08:34 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete text between square brackets and also delete those square brackets using sed or awk

Hi All, I have a text file which looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I want to get rid of these square brackets and also the text that is inside these brackets. So that my final text file looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between brackets

How can I use bash to remove all text between "<" and ">" in a file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove brackets { } in the data

Hello folks, I have a data file in which each line has 54 numbers, and every 3 numbers are bracketed. So totally 18 pairs of brackets in each line. A typical line is like: {29.187000274658203 -16.148000717163086 -0.9380000233650208} {30.63800048828125 -15.977999687194824... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove brackets and put it in a column and remove repeated entry

Hi all, I want to remove the remove bracket sign ( ) and put in the separate column I also want to remove the repeated entry like in first row in below input (PA156) is repeated ESR1 (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) CHST3 (PA26503) docetaxel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove brackets repeats and separate in columns

Hi all, I want to remove the remove bracket sign ( ) and put in the separate column I also want to remove the repeated entry like in first row in below input (PA156) is repeated ESR1 (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) CHST3 (PA26503) docetaxel... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove whatever is mention in brackets

Hi all My previous question was complicated let me simplify it I have to just remove whatever is present in bracket () along with brackets ERCC1 (PA155) Platinum compounds (PA164713176) Allele A is not associated with response to Platinum compounds in women with Ovarian Neoplasms as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove everything inside of brackets

I need to use something bash related to remove everything inside of brackets. For example. In the following: abc<def>ghi<jkl>mno the result should be: abcghimno (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove multiline HTML tags from a file?

I am trying to remove a multiline HTML tag and its contents from a few HTML files following the same basic pattern. So far using regex and sed have been unsuccessful. The HTML has a basic structure like this (with the normal HTML stuff around it): <div id="div1"> <div class="div2"> <other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: threesixtyfive
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from multiline json

Hi , When extracting the data from API end point ,its giving multi line json .I want to remove certain lines with group": "tag" or tget and respect "item" values python test.py /data{" Id":" 7554317""group":"get", "item":"xx5e1"],"fields":} { "time": 1520460953, "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akil
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the text between all curly brackets from text file?

Hello experts, I have a text file with lot of curly brackets (both opening { & closing } ). I need to delete them alongwith the text between opening & closing brackets' pair. For ex: Input:- 59. Rh1 Qe4 {(Qf5-e4 Qd8-g8+ Kg6-f5 Qg8-h7+ Kf5-e5 Qh7-e7+ Ke5-f5 Qe7-d7+ Qe4-e6 Qd7-h7+ Qe6-g6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)