Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Define procedure in block END in awk Post 302877502 by solaris21 on Monday 2nd of December 2013 12:10:00 AM
Old 12-02-2013
Hi Don Cragun:

You apologize to me, I will follow the rules of that foro.
I undestand, It isn't possible define a user-defined function within the END block, thank you for helping.

I started using OpenSolaris in 2009, Now I use Kubuntu and OpenSuse.

Regards.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if clause in AWK END block not working.

Hello all... I have a slight problem in my awk script... I have a script which checks a csv file and keeps a count of any invalid records and then if it finds any, exits with a code of 1. problem is it dosnt seem to work properly :rolleyes: Everthing seem to work interms of the stats output,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satnamx
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define an alias with an embeded awk command ??

Hi all, I'm trying to define an alias with an embeded awk command: alias kpipe='kill `psme| grep "ifw -r" | grep -v "grep ifw -r"| awk '{print $2}'`' The problem is that the awk command (awk '{print $2}') contains two ' ..' quotes. So bash assumes that the first awk quote corresponds to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfortes
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

array access in END block failure

Hi guys i am new to shell scripting. I wrote this script that simply searches a column value of file1 from file2. please look at the code below: awk ' FILENAME==ARGV { file_1_data=$0; next } FILENAME==ARGV { file_2_data=substr($3,1,12); next } END { ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahadaizaz
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define Positional Parameter Range Awk

Hello All, I am trying to clean up a poorly looking awk command. I am searching for a way to define a range of positional parameters. I may not be searching for the correct syntax. Example: awk ' /14:3*/ {print $2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12,$13}' app.log Is it possible to shorten... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - Add a variable line to the end of a block beginning with a regex

Hi, Need some help with sed. I have a file that has sections : e.g. a=blah b=blah d=blah e=blah There's many sections in the file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andyatit
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a block of code at the end of a specific block

I need to search for a block with the starting pattern say "tabId": "table_1", and ending pattern say "]" and then add a few lines before "]" "block1":"block_111" "tabId": "table_1", "title":"My title" ..... .... }] how do I achieve it using awk and sed. Thanks, Lakshmi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a String between start and end of a block in a file

Hi, I have a scenario where I want to display the output based on the pattern search between the start and end of a block in a file, we can have multiple start and end blocks in a file. Example give below, we need to search between the start block abc and end block def in a file, after that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment with awk - how to define start value

Hello, I am running under ubuntu18.04 My question is about awk. inputfile 0wo010011oasasds sdjhsdjh=, u12812888 8jsjkahsjajnsanakn akjskjskj=, suhuhuhwx kskkxmsnnxsnjxsnjxsnjjnjjdi=, 22878ssssss Below code adds consecutive numbers when string = is found run_code: awk -F'=' -v OFS='='... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
END(7)								   SQL Commands 							    END(7)

NAME
END - commit the current transaction SYNOPSIS
END [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] DESCRIPTION
END commits the current transaction. All changes made by the transaction become visible to others and are guaranteed to be durable if a crash occurs. This command is a PostgreSQL extension that is equivalent to COMMIT [commit(7)]. PARAMETERS
WORK TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. NOTES
Use ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] to abort a transaction. Issuing END when not inside a transaction does no harm, but it will provoke a warning message. EXAMPLES
To commit the current transaction and make all changes permanent: END; COMPATIBILITY
END is a PostgreSQL extension that provides functionality equivalent to COMMIT [commit(7)], which is specified in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
BEGIN [begin(7)], COMMIT [commit(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 END(7)