Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To find ls of similar pattern files in a directory by passing the variable. Post 302877205 by kg_gaurav on Friday 29th of November 2013 01:46:56 AM
Old 11-29-2013
Code

try with
Code:
ls -l ${i}_*>> $i_file.lst

Last edited by vbe; 11-29-2013 at 06:15 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find required files by pattern in xml files and the change the pattern on Linux

Hello, I need to find all *.xml files that matched by pattern on Linux. I need to have written the file name on the screen and then change the pattern in the file just was found. For instance. I can start the script with arguments for keyword and for value, i.e script.sh keyword... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yart
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenating similar files in a directory

Hi, I am new in unix. I have below requirement: I have two files at the same directory location File1.txt and File2.txt (just an example, real scenario we might have File2 and File3 OR File6 and File7....) File1.txt has : header1 record1 trailer1 File2.txt has: header2 record2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepak62828r
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files in a pattern directory?

Hi, I have more than 1000 directories under one directory (lets says under /home/). Sub directories are like A1 to A100,B1 to B100 etc.. Here my problem is I need to find the files older than 10 days in the directories which starts with A*. I tried some thing like this which is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shhrikanth
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete X amount of similar files in a directory

Need a Unix command to save the last 20 versions of a file in a specific directory and delete everything else. Date is irrelevant. Anyone aware of such an animal? In my test, I came up with: ls -t1 /tmp/testfile* | tail -n +20 | xargs rm I don’t quite trust the author though! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rwsherman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the similar directory

Hi I have one directory whose name i don't remember exactly only starting letter i know which is Resp. Can you please let me know the command to find the similar directory in the root. Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find similar values in different files

Hello, I have 4 files like this: file1: cg24163616 15 297 cg09335911 123 297 cg13515808 565 776 cg12242345 499 705 cg22905282 225 427 cg16674860 286 779 cg14251734 303 724 cg19316579 211 717 cg00612625 422 643 file2:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linseyr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking to find files that are similar.

Hello all, I have a server that is running AIX, running a tool that converts various printstreams (AFP/Metadata) to PDF. This is done using a rexx script and an off the shelf utility. Each report (there's around 125) uses a certain script file, it's basically a text file. I am trying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find next line based on pattern, if it is similar pattern skip it

Hi, I am able to get next line if it is matching a particular pattern. But i need a way to skip if next line also matches same pattern.. For example: No Records No Records Records found got it Records found Now i want to find 'Records found' after 'No Records' pattern matches.. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagpa531
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in directory with similar names

So, I have a directory tree that has many files named thusly: X_REVY.PDF I need to find any files that have the same X portion (which can be nearly anything) as any another file (in any directory) but have different Y portions (which can be any number from 1-99). I then need it to return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamezero
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move the files older than x days with similar directory structure?

Hello, I need to move all the files inside /XYZ (has multi-depth sub directories) that are older than 14 days to/ABC directory but with retaining the SAME directory structure. for example: /XYZ/1/2/3/A/b.txt should be moved as /ABC/1/2/3/A/b.txt I know about find /XYZ -type f -mtime +14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies
KCPUSET(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						KCPUSET(9)

NAME
kcpuset, kcpuset_create, kcpuset_destroy, kcpuset_copy, kcpuset_use, kcpuset_unuse, kcpuset_copyin, kcpuset_copyout, kcpuset_zero, kcpuset_fill, kcpuset_set, kcpuset_clear, kcpuset_isset, kcpuset_iszero, kcpuset_match, kcpuset_merge, kcpuset_atomic_set, kcpuset_atomic_clear -- dynamic kernel CPU sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/kcpuset.h> void kcpuset_create(kcpuset_t **retkcp, bool zero); void kcpuset_destroy(kcpuset_t *kcp); void kcpuset_copy(kcpuset_t *dkcp, kcpuset_t *skcp); void kcpuset_use(kcpuset_t *kcp); void kcpuset_unuse(kcpuset_t *kcp, kcpuset_t **lst); int kcpuset_copyin(const cpuset_t *ucp, kcpuset_t *kcp, size_t len); int kcpuset_copyout(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuset_t *ucp, size_t len); void kcpuset_zero(kcpuset_t *kcp); void kcpuset_fill(kcpuset_t *kcp); void kcpuset_set(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuid_t cpu); void kcpuset_clear(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuid_t cpu); int kcpuset_isset(kcpuset_t * kcp, cpuid_t cpu); bool kcpuset_iszero(kcpuset_t *kcp); bool kcpuset_match(const kcpuset_t *kcp1, const kcpuset_t *kcp2); void kcpuset_merge(kcpuset_t *kcp1, kcpuset_t *kcp2); void kcpuset_atomic_set(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuid_t cpu); void kcpuset_atomic_clear(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuid_t cpu); DESCRIPTION
The machine-independent kcpuset subsystem provides support for dynamic processor sets. Conceptually kcpuset can be understood to be the ker- nel equivalent of the user space cpuset(3) interface. FUNCTIONS
kcpuset_create(retkcp, zero) The kcpuset_create() function creates a dynamic CPU set and stores the result to retkcp. If the boolean zero is not false, the allocated set is also initialized to zero. kcpuset_destroy(kcp) Destroys the CPU set kcp and schedules any linked CPU sets for deferred destruction. kcpuset_copy(dkcp, skcp) Copies the CPU set pointed by skcp to dkcp. kcpuset_use(kcp) Marks kcp as being in use by increasing the reference count of the object. Note that initially kcpuset_create() sets the reference count to 1. kcpuset_unuse(kcp, lst) Decreases the internal reference count of kcp, and on the last reference (when the count reaches zero), destroys kcp. If lst is not NULL, then instead of destroying, kcp will be added to the lst list for a deferred destruction. kcpuset_copyin(ucp, kcp, len) Copies the len bytes long user-space CPU set ucp to the kernel CPU set kcp. kcpuset_copyout(kcp, ucp, len) Copies the kernel CPU set kcp to the user-space CPU set ucp. kcpuset_zero(kcp) Clears the set kcp. kcpuset_fill(kcp) Fills the whole set kcp with ones. kcpuset_set(kcp, cpu) Adds cpu to the set kcp. kcpuset_clear(kcp, cpu) Removes cpu from the set kcp. kcpuset_isset(kcp, cpu) Returns 1 if cpu is part of the CPU set kcp. kcpuset_iszero(kcp) Returns true if the set kcp is empty. kcpuset_match(kcp1, kcp2) Compares the sets kcp1 and kcp2, returning true if these are identical. kcpuset_merge(kcp1, kcp2) Merges the set kcp2 to the set kcp1. kcpuset_atomic_set(kcp, cpu) The kcpuset_atomic_set() function operates as kcpuset_set(), but the operation is atomic; see atomic_ops(3) for more details. kcpuset_atomic_clear(kcp, cpu) Removes cpu from the CPU set kcp atomically. CODE REFERENCES
The kcpuset subsystem is implemented within sys/kern/subr_kcpuset.c. SEE ALSO
cpuset(3) HISTORY
The kcpuset subsystem first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
October 6, 2011 BSD