Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Cronjob question about root emails. Post 302876803 by hergp on Tuesday 26th of November 2013 03:56:07 PM
Old 11-26-2013
Can you share, what the actual output from the cron job looks like (what comes after the produced the following output:)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cronjob question

Hi folks! I set up a cronjob yesterday to excute this morning at 4am. The problem I am experiencing is that the script that is executed cannot find specified files which it is suppose to run like my file.sql and other various scripts which are in the same directory as the exucutable script. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root login question

Hi all I am administering Linux boxes (running rehat linux 7.3 and 8.0). The other day I tried to ssh from 1 linux box to the other. I was root on the client box. Surprisingly, I could login as root into the host after giving the password!! I am unable to get root login from a SSH client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

? question mark, how to get back to the root directory

hiyas I am trying to get back to the root directory: I went into MAIL directory and now I can't get back to the root directory. What are the commands... I have '?' coming up and I cannot proceed with this, HELP Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etravels
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on Verifying root's current directory

From a script how would I verify that the current directory (.) is not in root's path. Now when the script is going to be run the auditor wil not be signed in as root, but rather running it via sudo, so I'm thinking the standard $path won't work for that case. Derek:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sport
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Simple question: alias not working for root

OS = Solaris 8 Issue: alias not working for root, but working for regular users # grep root /etc/passwd root:x:0:1:Super-User:/:/sbin/sh # alias dir=ls # dir dir: not found # alias dir="ls -l" # dir dir: not found # alias dir='ls -l' # dir dir: not found # alias... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about cronjob

Dear all, I wrote a script and set it as a cron job to automatically download the data from the website. Here is the problem, when I run this script in terminal, it works well, while it can not download the files when I run it as a cron job, I feel so weird. The script as follows:... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: handsonzhao
28 Replies

8. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob for root password change.

Hi, I am writing a cronjob which changes default root password to some designated password(set) after 15 days. The requirement for same is because i need to give application team root access for first 15 days, but after that the default password should be changed, now I want to automate the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execute Ubuntu 14.04 cronjob as non-root

I have created a cronjob that successfully executes and among other thing runs aria2c to download several files and save them to a folder. However, since it executes as sudo, the downloaded folder is saved with those permissions. Is there a way to execute the cronjob so that the downloaded folder... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
ATRUN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  ATRUN(8)

NAME
atrun -- run jobs queued for later execution SYNOPSIS
atrun [-l load_avg] [-d] DESCRIPTION
atrun runs jobs queued by at(1). Root's crontab(5) must contain the line: */10 * * * * root /usr/libexec/atrun so that atrun(8) gets called every ten minutes. At every invocation, every job in lowercase queues whose starting time has passed is started. A maximum of one batch job (denoted by upper- case queues) is started each time atrun is invoked. OPTIONS
-l load_avg Specifies a limiting load factor, over which batch jobs should not be run, instead of the compiled-in value of 1.5. -d Debug; print error messages to standard error instead of using syslog(3). WARNINGS
For atrun to work, you have to start up a cron(8) daemon. FILES
/var/at/spool Directory containing output spool files /var/at/jobs Directory containing job files SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), syslog(3), crontab(5), cron(8) AUTHORS
Thomas Koenig <ig25@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> BUGS
The functionality of atrun should be merged into cron(8). BSD
April 12, 1995 BSD