Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mysql replication
Operating Systems Linux Mysql replication Post 302876696 by andriesh on Tuesday 26th of November 2013 05:50:54 AM
Old 11-26-2013
Thanks, i'll give it a try.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dns replication

my primary dns server is not replicating to secondary. i dont know why. i am running solaris 2.6 on both servers. what should i do?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
2 Replies

2. Web Development

MySQL Replication Issues: Duplicate Key Error

Lately my attention has been focused on distributed MySQL database replication to other web servers. All was going well, but then I noticed the replication would stop and there were there "Duplicate Primary Key" errors in SHOW SLAVE STATUS; I started to trace these down and noticed that this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strategical Shell Scripting For MySql Replication

Hi to all guyz , As i'm new to Shell scripting i was been working out to write a shell script for mysql Replication for multiple slave master architecture.i have done the process up with a script of 200 lines but still there are some things which can make my script more effective so i want your... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgrvamsi
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Openldap 2.4.31 replication

Hi, I have done setup for openldap master and slave. Its working fine and replicating also. But it is working only with plane text password in syncrepl . How we can use encrypted password here also like we are using in rootpw ? Below portion is working. syncrepl rid=101 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies
MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_IS_SELECT(3)						 1					     MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_IS_SELECT(3)

mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select - Find whether to send the query to the master, the slave or the last used MySQL server

SYNOPSIS
int mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select (string $query) DESCRIPTION
Finds whether to send the query to the master, the slave or the last used MySQL server. The plugins built-in read/write split mechanism will be used to analyze the query string to make a recommendation where to send the query. The built-in read/write split mechanism is very basic and simple. The plugin will recommend sending all queries to the MySQL replication master server but those which begin with SELECT, or begin with a SQL hint which enforces sending the query to a slave server. Due to the basic but fast algorithm the plugin may propose to run some read-only statements such as SHOW TABLES on the replication master. PARAMETERS
o $query - Query string to test. RETURN VALUES
A return value of MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_MASTER indicates that the query should be send to the MySQL replication master server. The function returns a value of MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_SLAVE if the query can be run on a slave because it is considered read-only. A value of MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_LAST_USED is returned to recommend running the query on the last used server. This can either be a MySQL replication master server or a MySQL replication slave server. If read write splitting has been disabled by setting mysqlnd_ms.disable_rw_split, the function will always return MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_MASTER or MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_LAST_USED. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select(3) example <?php function is_select($query) { switch (mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select($query)) { case MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_MASTER: printf("'%s' should be run on the master. ", $query); break; case MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_SLAVE: printf("'%s' should be run on a slave. ", $query); break; case MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_LAST_USED: printf("'%s' should be run on the server that has run the previous query ", $query); break; default: printf("No suggestion where to run the '%s', fallback to master recommended ", $query); break; } } is_select("INSERT INTO test(id) VALUES (1)"); is_select("SELECT 1 FROM DUAL"); is_select("/*" . MYSQLND_MS_LAST_USED_SWITCH . "*/SELECT 2 FROM DUAL"); ?> The above example will output: INSERT INTO test(id) VALUES (1) should be run on the master. SELECT 1 FROM DUAL should be run on a slave. /*ms=last_used*/SELECT 2 FROM DUAL should be run on the server that has run the previous query SEE ALSO
Predefined Constants, user filter .Runtime configuration, mysqlnd_ms.disable_rw_split, mysqlnd_ms.enable. PHP Documentation Group MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_IS_SELECT(3)