Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mysql replication
Operating Systems Linux Mysql replication Post 302876695 by radoulov on Tuesday 26th of November 2013 05:49:18 AM
Old 11-26-2013
I believe it's 4, this is with MySQL 5.6:

Code:
[root@xxxx binlog]# mysqlbinlog mysql-bin.000036
/*!50530 SET @@SESSION.PSEUDO_SLAVE_MODE=1*/;
/*!40019 SET @@session.max_insert_delayed_threads=0*/;
/*!50003 SET @OLD_COMPLETION_TYPE=@@COMPLETION_TYPE,COMPLETION_TYPE=0*/;
DELIMITER /*!*/;
# at 4
#131126 11:40:28 server id 6  end_log_pos 120 CRC32 0xe233adfe  Start: binlog v 4, server v 5.6.10-log created 131126 11:40:28
[...]

I believe that if you specify only master_log_file and do not specify master_log_position, the entire binlog will be read.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dns replication

my primary dns server is not replicating to secondary. i dont know why. i am running solaris 2.6 on both servers. what should i do?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
2 Replies

2. Web Development

MySQL Replication Issues: Duplicate Key Error

Lately my attention has been focused on distributed MySQL database replication to other web servers. All was going well, but then I noticed the replication would stop and there were there "Duplicate Primary Key" errors in SHOW SLAVE STATUS; I started to trace these down and noticed that this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strategical Shell Scripting For MySql Replication

Hi to all guyz , As i'm new to Shell scripting i was been working out to write a shell script for mysql Replication for multiple slave master architecture.i have done the process up with a script of 200 lines but still there are some things which can make my script more effective so i want your... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgrvamsi
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Openldap 2.4.31 replication

Hi, I have done setup for openldap master and slave. Its working fine and replicating also. But it is working only with plane text password in syncrepl . How we can use encrypted password here also like we are using in rootpw ? Below portion is working. syncrepl rid=101 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies
SAVE_BINARY_LOGS(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      SAVE_BINARY_LOGS(1p)

NAME
save_binary_logs - Concatenating binary or relay logs from the specified file/position to the end of the log. This command is automatically executed from MHA Manager on failover, and manual execution should not be needed normally. SYNOPSIS
# Test $ save_binary_logs --command=test --binlog_dir=/var/lib/mysql --start_file=mysqld-bin.000002 # Saving binary logs $ save_binary_logs --command=save --binlog_dir=/var/lib/mysql --start_file=mysqld-bin.000002 --start_pos=312 --output_file=/var/tmp/aggregate.binlog # Saving relay logs $ save_binary_logs --command=save --start_file=mysqld-relay-bin.000002 --start_pos=312 --relay_log_info=/var/lib/mysql/relay-log.info --output_file=/var/tmp/aggregate.binlog save_binary_logs concatenates binary or relay logs from the specified log file/position to the end of the log. This tool is intended to be invoked from the master failover script(MHA Manager), and manual execution is normally not needed. DESCRIPTION
Suppose that master is crashed and the latest slave server has received binary logs up to mysqld-bin.000002:312. It is likely that master has more binary logs. If it is not sent to the slave, slaves will lose all binlogs from mysqld-bin.000002:312. The purpose of the save_binary_logs is to save binary logs that are not replicated to slaves. If master is reachable through SSH and binary logs are readable, saving binary logs is possible. Here is an example: $ save_binary_logs --command=save --start_file=mysqld-bin.000002 --start_pos=312 --output_file=/var/tmp/aggregate.binlog Then all binary logs starting from mysqld-bin.000002:312 are concatenated and stored into /var/tmp/aggregate.binlog. If you have binary logs up to mysqld-bin.000004, the following mysqlbinlog outputs are written. mysqld-bin.000002:Format Description Event(FDE), plus from 312 to the tail mysqld-bin.000003:from 0 to the tail, excluding FDE mysqld-bin.000004:from 0 to the tail, excluding FDE perl v5.14.2 2012-01-08 SAVE_BINARY_LOGS(1p)