Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Oracle output to an array variable in script Post 302876561 by vputtas@gmail.c on Monday 25th of November 2013 11:28:20 AM
Old 11-25-2013
Oracle output to an array variable in script

Hi- I am returning output of an query into a array variable in my shell script.

Code:
set -A DATE_RANGE `sqlplus -s **/**@** << EOF
set termout off
set echo off
set serveroutput off
set pagesize 0
set linesize 500
set heading off
set verify off
set feedback off
select (to_char(MAX_LOAD_TRAN_DT,'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS')||','||BACK_UPDT_DAY_CNT) as DATE_RANGE from
TABLE A,TABLE B
WHERE TRGT_TBL_NM IN ('**')
AND A.SRC_TBL_INFO_KEY=B.SRC_TBL_INFO_KEY;
quit;
EOF`

The output of the query is -

2013-09-21 12:09:00,5 
2013-09-19 22:36:00,7
2013-09-20 06:28:00,1 

So, the output I wanted to see in the array variables is-

${DATE_RANGE[0]} - 2013-09-21 12:09:00,5 
${DATE_RANGE[1]} - 2013-09-19 22:36:00,7 
${DATE_RANGE[2]} - 2013-09-20 06:28:00,1

But the output am getting is-

${DATE_RANGE[0]} - 2013-09-21 
${DATE_RANGE[1]} - 12:09:00,5 
${DATE_RANGE[2]} - 2013-09-19 
${DATE_RANGE[3]} -  22:36:00,7

It is treating space as record delimiter instead of Unix new line. How to avoid this? How to define an record delimiter to an Array variable?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass a oracle variable back to the shell script

Hi, I am calling an oracle function that returns a number (either 0 or 2), how do I pass that pass to the wrapping shell script as I would like to do other things based on the value returned by the oracle function. Your help will be appreciated. -------------------------- sqlplus / <<... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to return an array of elements from oracle to shell script

Hi all, I have a interresting problem. My application is as follows: From a shell script i will conn to a oracle database and fetch few rows using a select statement. Then i want to sort these rows and return a column (collection of values of a column from the selected results) as array... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakiran
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script variable passed to Oracle query

Hi All, I pass a Perl script variable, whch is passed to a query to be prepared. But the problem is I have special character like '&' in this variable which are handled in a special way by the Oracle query parser. How do I get over this? my $cust_name='A&B'; my $sql="Select cust_short_name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing a variable or array of one script in another

hi all, i've a requirement like this. i want to access the contents of an array declared in one script,which is a bash script, to a second script which is a perl script. actually i want a sort of global variable which can be accessed in other script like environmen variables and also i can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprayush
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign dscl output to variable as an array

Greetings folks, I am trying to assign the output of a dscl command (contains name<spaces>id) to a variable as an array. Currently I am piping the output into a tmp file, then reading the tmp file into an array, then parsing the array. I would like to bypass creating the tmp file portion of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: macnetdaemon
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Output in to an Array or variable

hey guys in only new to scripting as such, but i have a problem. i want to take the output of a search i do in the command line to then be in a variable but only a certain part of the output. this this what im doing: -bash-2.05b$ ldapsearch -x '(dn:=dc)' dc|grep dc= # base... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmorey
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL loader script - ORACLE environmental variable

I am new in unix.. I am running a sql loader script where I have to specify the data file path but the file name contains spaces in it so giving error multiple arguments I have tried it with "" and '' but does n't work the command is : $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlldr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sandip Dey
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to store the variable in a table or array.

Hi, I have few variable say 10 ex:- l_pc_291334_01_0_01_00.cmp l_pc_441133_50_0_02_00.cmp l_pc_441133_55_0_02_00.cmp Each variable value is coming via loop on a table. I want to create a script that stores these value to a table or array ( But one by one not all at one time as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkumar.b2
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the Linux command output to an array in perl script

Hi I am trying to store the output of a command into an array in perl script. I am able to store but the problem is i am unable to print the array line with one line space. i mean i inserted the \n in loop ...but not getting the result. I have written like this #!/usr/bin/perl @a =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing output parameter(Oracle) to variable in ksh Script

Hello, I have researched and tried many way to pass OUT parameter to be stored in variable in KSH Script.Still not success, please help. Here is my Store Procedure. create procedure testout3(v_in varchar2,v_out OUT integer) as begin v_out := 1; end; Here is my testvout.ksh #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palita2601
1 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)