Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Javascript: gamma approximation Post 302876557 by Corona688 on Monday 25th of November 2013 11:14:58 AM
Old 11-25-2013
If you have Firefox, ctrl-shift-j to bring up an error console. Clear it, reload the page, and you should see the error.

In this case it's complaining about missing brackets:

Code:
if z < 0.5 {

Code:
if(z < 0.5) {

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

javascript onClick help

I have two radio buttons with corresponding text boxes for input, when one is chosen I am disabling the text box for the other, is there a way to "gray out" the disabled text box using background-color or something? Any help is greatly appreciated, right now my onClick looks like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

javascript injection

Please advise a script to get rid of the following code which is infected in a large number of files ( in particular php and html files ) <div id="testws35fdgh"></div> <script language="JavaScript"> var0 = "\x69\x3c\x33\x27\x34\x38\x30\x75\x3b\x34"; var1 =... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
20 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

stopclock coding in javascript.

i have got a problem in this coding.i have got start/pause in the same button.wen i open that page the stopclock runs automatically.wen i click pause it get paused in the frontend textbox bt running in the backend.wen i again click that start itz starting from the time without considering that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VIJI
2 Replies

4. Web Development

Sortable Tables in Javascript

Hi, I am writing a web application using Perl-CgI mostly. I wanted to integrate a table in which I was capable of sorting columns and I don't think this is possible with static HTML code. Can someone help me integrating some javascript code into what I have to acheive the above? Regards,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
6 Replies

5. Web Development

Javascript Problems in Opera 10

Ref earlier post: https://www.unix.com/web-programming-web-2-0-mashups/118283-opera-10-0-released-looks-nice.html I have noticed that Google Docs, Speadsheets does not work properly in Opera 10. Anyone else seen the same thing? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

6. Programming

Help in javascript

Hi , I wanted to know if its possible to execute a javascript function like this E:- function js1(){ alert ("this is js1"); } function js2(){ alert ("this is js2"); } function js3(){ .... execthisscript(js1); execthisscript(js2); } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daptal
1 Replies

7. Programming

Need help with Javascript

Hi guys, Ok first, let me explain what I want to do. I'm making a theme for the iphone, and I found a nice wallpaper slideshow script. Here is how it knows which wallpapers to use: <script type="text/javascript"> // SLIDE ROTATION FREQUENCY (in minutes) var slideRotation = 0.4;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kicker75
3 Replies
GAMMA(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  GAMMA(3)

NAME
gamma, gammaf, gammal - (logarithm of the) gamma function SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double gamma(double x); float gammaf(float x); long double gammal(long double x); Link with -lm. Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): gamma(): _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE || _XOPEN_SOURCE gammaf(), gammal(): _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE || _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 600 DESCRIPTION
These functions are deprecated: instead, use either the tgamma(3) or the lgamma(3) functions, as appropriate. For the definition of the Gamma function, see tgamma(3). *BSD version The libm in 4.4BSD and some versions of FreeBSD had a gamma() function that computes the Gamma function, as one would expect. glibc version Glibc has a gamma() function that is equivalent to lgamma(3) and computes the natural logarithm of the Gamma function. RETURN VALUE
See lgamma(3). ERRORS
See lgamma(3). CONFORMING TO
Because of historical variations in behavior across systems, this function is not specified in any standard. NOTES
History 4.2BSD had a gamma() that computed ln(|Gamma(|x|)|), leaving the sign of Gamma(|x|) in the external integer signgam. In 4.3BSD the name was changed to lgamma(3), and the man page promises "At some time in the future the name gamma will be rehabilitated and used for the Gamma function" This did indeed happen in 4.4BSD, where gamma() computes the Gamma function (with no effect on signgam). However, this came too late, and we now have tgamma(3), the "true gamma" function. SEE ALSO
lgamma(3), signgam(3), tgamma(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2008-08-05 GAMMA(3)