Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl : Getopts and Strict -How to solve Post 302876526 by drl on Monday 25th of November 2013 08:09:35 AM
Old 11-25-2013
Hi.

On my system:
Code:
OS, ker|rel, machine: Linux, 2.6.26-2-amd64, x86_64
Distribution        : Debian 5.0.8 (lenny, workstation) 
perl 5.10.0

We find:
Code:
NAME
       vars - Perl pragma to predeclare global variable names (obsolete)

-- perldoc vars
whereas from perldoc Getopt::Std
Code:
       Note that, if your code is running under the recommended "use strict
       'vars'" pragma, you will need to declare these package variables with
       "our":

our($opt_x, $opt_y);

The former may work, I have often used the latter.

Learning to use perldoc can make one less dependent on others.

Good luck .. cheers, drl

Last edited by drl; 11-25-2013 at 09:15 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve this

I have to write an script for.. CUST: 123 trans: some contents CUST: 1234 trans: some contents Now wat i have to do is this: CUST:123 akash trans: some contents CUST:1234 akash1 trans: I have been able to add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashag22
3 Replies

2. Programming

does any one know how to solve?

Hello experts, Here is my code.I can create the database.But I also want it to see standard output.Please see the blocked code.If i use them they show me weired symbols. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> struct date { int month; int day; int year; }; struct empRec{... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlhazan
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can somebody solve this

I have to find the files older than 200 days from a path and copy them to some other directory with the current date stamp attached to it. i have written like follows: #!/bin/ksh DSTAMP=$(date +"%y%m%d%H%M") rm $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp touch $CA_OUT_PATH/ftp_logs/temp chmod 777... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenusola
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strict Argument

Im trying to write a bash script that has an if statment that when the user enters ONLY that exact argument, will echo what follows that conditon. For example: for file in $1 do if then Var1=$(cat hello | egrep "that pattern" | awk '{ print $NF }') cat $Var1 fi done Basically,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl strict

What is the sake of using `use strict;` in perl codes? and how can avoid it?.TnX. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

New PERL guru's help on strict.pm

I opened strict.pm and found some not understandable stuff, please let me know if you have any Idea on the same. 1) Line 23 => $bits |= (what is $= here how it affect the statement) 2) Line 36 => $^H (what is that I haven't found any statement on this in google) 3) Line 41 =>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatanig
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts function in Perl

Hi All I have searches getopts function in Perl a lot, but yet i didn't cleared with it. First I want to know what is the meaning of getopts('t:c:', \%options); and please explain getopts function in an easy way.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Can't locate strict.pm after Cygwin update

I installed gcc4 today using setup.exe from cygwin. However, I cannot run any of my perl program after that. For example, Run@Run-THINK /home $ perl Process.pl Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.10/i686-cygwin / usr/lib/perl5/5.10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: littledeer
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ssh disable strict checking

What are the different ways to disable ssh strict checking? I've seen this mentioned a few times but it doesn't seem to be working. $ ssh -o 'StrictHostKeyChecking no' admin@hostnamehttp://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35328_01/E35336/html/vmcli-ssh.html Is there a file somewhere in /etc that I could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)