Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Updating my Solaris 11 IPS
Operating Systems Solaris Updating my Solaris 11 IPS Post 302876212 by afadaghi on Friday 22nd of November 2013 02:23:02 PM
Old 11-22-2013
Updating my Solaris 11 IPS

Hi experts,

I have an X86 as my IPS server running ( uname -a SunOS 5.11 11.1 i86pc i386 i86pc). the IPS has the following package version:
Code:
prdb01b:~# pkg list -fa entire
NAME (PUBLISHER)                                  VERSION                IFO
entire                                            0.5.11-0.175.1.0.0.24.2    i--

I just downloaded a SRU (sol-11_1_10_5_0-incr-repo.iso) that I followed the instructions in README for updating my IPS. When I do "pkg update --accept" it says "no update is available". It looks like I, am overlooking/missing something for updating my IPS.

thanks

---------- Post updated at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:17 AM ----------

Guys,

thanks for reviewing my post. This link helped me out. https://support.oracle.com/epmos/fac...te=lm4xqsi4o_4

Now I can use my IPS to update my servers/packages from my IPS.

Last edited by afadaghi; 11-22-2013 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: Code tags
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to afadaghi For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to assign multiple IPs to Aggregated interface in Solaris 10?

I have 2 physical interfaces (bnx0 and bnx1) aggregated into aggr1. I need to assign second IP, and normally I know how to do it to physical interface (i.e. bnx0:1) however same trick (aggr1:1) is not working. Is there any way to do it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bratan
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 11 - custom publisher IPS

Hi all, we are starting to build some basic infrastructure for using solaris 11. I have built an IPS of solaris packages from the DVD images. what I want to do next is create a repository of custom packages. so in that case I want a publisher of "my-company-name" and not solaris. can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsonde
1 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 11 - creating a second IPS repo

I need some help getting a IPS repo setup for custom internal packages. we already have an IPS for the oracle solaris package. what I want is a repo called BOB that can be used for packages internal to company BOB. I think I have created a repo called BOB, but it's not setup in the network... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsonde
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris IPS problems

Hi guys, long time no see Today I installed Oracle Solaris 11.11 in virtualbox. My machine needs to be bulletproof for our production databases but :D First problem is that I can't install anything using IPS where publisher is solars, default freeware repo for Oracle Solaris. I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Oracle stopped updating Solaris 10 recommended patch cluster ?

Dear All, Has Oracle stopped updating Solaris 10 recommended patch cluster ? From suport.oracle.com i could see the last patch bundle was released on 11th july and there has been no updates after that. Does anyone know about any official announcement from oracle on this ? Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_8029
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Displaying Solaris IPS package dependency graphs

What do people think of this tool? pkgtree - for displaying a visual representation of Solaris IPS package dependencies. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cambridge
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 - Automatically update local IPS repository

Hi guys, I've got a local IPS repository on server 1 (local server in the basement) and a second one on server 2 in another data center. Both servers act as repository servers for their locations. The publisher list is like this pkg publisher PUBLISHER TYPE STATUS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheitepriem
4 Replies
DEBPARTIAL-MIRROR(1)					      General Commands Manual					      DEBPARTIAL-MIRROR(1)

NAME
debpartial-mirror -- debpartial-mirror is a program to generate partial Debian packages archives mirrors. SYNOPSIS
apt-get [-hvs] [-o=config string] [-c=file] {update | upgrade | dselect-upgrade | install pkg ... | remove pkg ... | source pkg ... | build-dep pkg ... | check | clean | autoclean } DESCRIPTION
debpartial-mirror is a command-line tool to generate partial Debian packages archives mirrors. It is designed to work (in particular) in Custom Debian Distributions framework, as an aid to create customization of debian systems. Partial mirrors can be generated from different apt repositories (local created or remote ones) and can contain binary as well as sources packages. Generated partial mirrors have the structure of standard apt repositories: please referr to APT documentation for explanation about this. debpartial-mirror uses a configuration file to determine which packages, are to be downloaded and monitored to generate a local partial mirror. Packages can be specified by regular expressions, by list or by mirrors sections. Default configuration file is /etc/debpartial-mirror.conf. debpartial-mirror accept commands in the same way apt-get does, and unless the -h or --help is given, one of the commands below must be presented. update update update is used to resynchronize the package index files from specified sources. upgrade upgrade upgrade is used to dowload selected binary and source packages from specified mirrors. The first time this command is ran the partial mirror is generated: after this, only newer or updated packages will be downloaded into the mirror. all all all is used to perform both update and upgrade commands. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h --help Show summary of options. -v --version Show version of program. -cCONFIGFILE --configfile=CONFIGFILE Select the confiruration file. -s --simulate Do nothing, only simulate all. Actually it is not implemented -sf --skip-files Skip downloading of files. Actually it is not implemented -sp --skip-packages Skip downloading of packages. Actually it is not implemented AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Otavio Salvador (otavio@debian.org). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. DEBPARTIAL-MIRROR(1)