Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Checking Tape Space
Operating Systems Solaris UNIX Checking Tape Space Post 302876107 by Corona688 on Thursday 21st of November 2013 05:43:30 PM
Old 11-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
You are right, Solaris does not have "mt tell".
Funny, that's where I found it. He may be having trouble finding mt though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tape space used not correct

version: SCO 5.0.5 There is a file in /usr/local/bin called ' baktape ', I'm unsure whether this is a standard unix file or one created by someone who used to manage this server? Anyway, it backs up what is specified to be backed up to tape and then prints off a report. Problem: What comes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: system77
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does tar do crc checking on a tape or tar file?

Trying to answer a question about whether tar table-of-contents is a good tool for verifying tape data. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjlst15
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space free on tape /delete a single file on tape

Hi, I' using a sun solaris server, I would like to known if there is the possibility to control how many space is free on a tape and how I can delete a single file on a tape. Thanks DOMENICO (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking for a space in a file name

hi members... another new probs... i need to check all the zip files in the server and check for a space or "`" in the file name and if found need to remove them and form a zip file. i tried using grep command to check for a space but with out success also when i tried checking for "`" as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_aqua14
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Command used for checking space occupied by files & sub-direc's inside a mount in %?

Hi, I want to know the command which can be used for finding the % of disk space occupied by files & sub-folders inside a given mount in Sun Solaris For eg: I have /tmp/ folder when I sat df -k it will give the percentage of space used by /tmp/. Say if I want to see how much % the files &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weblogicsupport
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in checking space of mount.Please help me

Hi everyone, I am writing a script. As a part of this script, I wanted to check the space of few mounts, If the space usage percentage of the mount crosses over a certain limit then i wanted to display a warning message. The following is the command df -k | awk ' { if (($6 == "/export/temp")... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
4 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix space checking script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Im still pretty new to this and could really use some help with this task "Write a script to check in the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: krolike
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the space for /archlog mount point script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. -------------------------------------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking the space for /archlog mount point script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAIL_LIST="tlr.voora@zamn.com" export ARCH_STATUS=`df -k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying tape-to-tape on UNIX

I am using a 4mm tape to backup my Unix system. However, I wanted to make a copy all of the files and archive headers (or just the archive headers if that's possible) created on one of my tapes to another 4mm tape. I only have one tape drive. Is there a command that will complete such task? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acoco
1 Replies
scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options(9F)			   Kernel Functions for Drivers 		     scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options(9F)

NAME
scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options - look up per-device-type scsi-options property SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> int scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options(dev_info_t *dip, struct scsi_device *devp, int default_scsi_options); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
dip Pointer to the device info node for this HBA driver. devp Pointer to a scsi_device(9S) structure of the target. default_scsi_options Value returned if no match is found. DESCRIPTION
The scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options() function looks up the property device-type-scsi-options-list, which can be specified in the HBA's driver.conf(4) file. This property allows specification of scsi-options on a per-device-type basis. The formal syntax is: device-type-scsi-options-list = <duplet> [, <duplet> *]; where: <duplet> := <vid+pid>, <scsi-options-property-name> and: <scsi-options-property-name> = <value>; The string <vid+pid> is returned by the device on a SCSI inquiry command. This string can contain any character in the range 0x20-0x7e. Characters such as double quote (") or single quote ('), which are not permitted in property value strings, are represented by their octal equivalent (for example, 42 and 47). Trailing spaces can be truncated. For example: device-type-scsi-options-list= "SEAGATE ST32550W", "seagate-options", "EXABYTE EXB-2501". "exabyte-options", "IBM OEM DFHSS4S", "ibm-options"; seagate-options = 0x78; exabyte-options = 0x58; ibm-options = 0x378; The scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options() function searches the list of duplets for a matching INQUIRY string. If a match is found, scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options() returns the corresponding value. RETURN VALUES
scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options() returns the scsi-options value found, or if no match is found the default_scsi_options value passed in. CONTEXT
This function can be called from kernel or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 19 Nov 2001 scsi_get_device_type_scsi_options(9F)