Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Merging two files in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merging two files in UNIX Post 302875988 by Akshay Hegde on Thursday 21st of November 2013 10:34:32 AM
Old 11-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathbangalor
Hi akshay ,
let me post you the actual data. PFA the data for the above specification.
Kindly help me !
If you could explain relationship between sample data posted in #1 and actual data attached in #3 I will try to understand what you are going to do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging 2 .CSV files in Unix

I need a little help as I am a complete novice at scripting in unix. However, i am posed with an issue...:eek: i have two csv files in the following format@ FILE1.CSV: HEADER HEADER Header , , HEADER 001X ,,200 002X ,,300 003X ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chachabronson
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging files

Thanks in advance I have 2 files having key field in each.I would like to join both on common key.I have used join but not sucessful. The files are attached here . what i Want in the output is on the key field SLS OFFR . I have used join commd but not successful. File one ======= SNO ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging files

Hi i have two files say file 1 contents are A B C D E I have file2 contents are B E F G C K I want to have new file like A B (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two files

Friends, os: redhat enterprise linux/SCO UNIX5.0 I have two files and I would like to merge on given key value. Now I have tried with join commd but it does not supporte multiple delimiters. and if records length is not fixed. join -a1 5 -a2 1 -t -o file1 file2 > outname Can any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging 2 files

Hi, I have got two files 1.txt 1111|apple| 2222|orange| 2.txt 1111|1234|000000000004356| 1111|1234|000000001111| 1111|1234|002000011112| 2222|5678|000000002222| 2222|9102|000000002222| I need to merge these two so that my out put looks like below: Search code being used should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with merging files

i would like to merge two files that have the same format but have different data. i would like to create one output file that contains information from both the original files.:rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe black
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging two files

Hi, I have two files a.txt and b.txt. a.txt 1 2 3 4 b.txt a b c d e I want to generate a file c.txt by merging these two file and the resultant file would contain c.txt 1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with merging 2 files into 1

::::::::: ::FileA:: ::::::::: A1-------A2--------A3---A4---A5-- ================================= AC5VXVLT-XX---------------------- B57E434--XXXX1-----MMMM-ZZZ--111- C325G20--XXXXX3----CCCC------3332 DC35S51--XXXXY1----DDDD------44X- DC35S52--XXXXY2----DDDD------44Y-... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordsmiter
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Very large CSV files in Unix

Hi, I have two very large CSV files, which I want to merge (equi-join) based on a key (column). One of the file (say F1) would have ~30 MM records and 700 columns. The other file (~f2) would have same # of records and lesser columns (say 50). I want to create an output file joining on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: student_007
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Files in UNIX shell script

I have the urge to merge some files using unix shell script but I'm very new using this language and I haven't succeeded yet. The requirement is to merge the header, body and footer into one file with the name "ANY-NAME" in below example. To identify which files should be merged, I have flagged... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_soul
9 Replies
CATCODEC(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       CATCODEC(1)

NAME
catcodec -- An open source tool to decode/encode the sample catalogue for OpenTTD SYNOPSIS
catcodec [-d sample_file] [-e sample_file] DESCRIPTION
catcodec decodes and encodes sample catalogues for OpenTTD. These sample catalogues are not much more than some meta-data (description and file name) and raw PCM data. Decoding a sample catalogue, e.g. sample.cat, results in a sample.sfo that contains the file names and descriptions of the samples and all samples with the file name as specified in the catalogue. Encoding a sample catalogue, e.g. sample.cat, reads sample.sfo for the file names and descriptions. It will then load the samples described in sample.sfo and encodes these into sample.cat. Generally speaking encoding a file and then decoding it results in the same file. Decoding of the original, Transport Tycoon Deluxe, sample format will force the output to be 11025 Hz, 8 bits mono because the meta-data of some of the samples is incorrect or even missing. Only PCM WAVE files with only the format and data chunks are supported. Any other formats need to be converted into this. Furthermore only 11025 Hz, 22050 Hz and 44100 Hz with 8 or 16 bits per sample single channel PCM WAVE files are supported. OPTIONS
-d sample_file Decode the given sample catalogue into its components. The sample_file must have the extension '.cat'. For the output meta- data file the '.cat' is replaced with '.sfo'. The actual samples, in PCM WAVE format, are extracted into files using the file names, including extension, as described in the catalogue or meta-data file. If any of the files already exists a backup is made, by adding '.bak', overwriting the existing backup. -e sample_file Encode the components for the given sample file into a sample catalogue. The sample_file must have the extension '.cat'. For the input meta-data file the '.cat' is replaced with '.sfo'. The actual samples, in PCM WAVE format, are read from files using the file names, including extension, as described in the meta-data file. If the sample_file already exists a backup is made, by adding '.bak', overwriting the existing backup. SEE ALSO
openttd(1) the game that uses these sample catalogues. AUTHORS
Remko Bijker <rubidium@openttd.org> November 05, 2009