Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help:Shell Script for Solaris to change the dates in a file by one week Post 302875223 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 19th of November 2013 03:30:36 AM
Old 11-19-2013
Your error is due to the fact that the default date utility on Solaris does not support the -d option. You need to install the GNU date utility and give the right path to the date utility. It may already be installed. Check under /usr/sfw/bin.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Time change next week - solaris 8 ?

Can anyone tell me does solaris 8 automatically update the time upon the daylight savings? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to toggle through dates by week

Hi, I need help to toggle through dates on a weekly basis to be fed into a script as inputs. The format should be: yyyy/mm/dd (start) yyyy/mm/dd (end), where end date is 7 days increments. The date (start) would be input as an ARGV and would continue until current date. I can check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhap
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to rename or change file extension case.

I searched the forum, but there was different type of rename. Hello. I have files in folder. Like: xxxxxxxx1.html or xxxxxxxx2.txt or xxxxxxxx3.tar.gz and how to rename or change file extension case to xxxxxxxx1.htm or xxxxxxx2.TXT or (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheldon
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change a line in a php file thanks to a shell script

Hi, I'm working on a script to make automatic the new releases of my website... However in this script I put all the css script in a single one. There's no rpoblem for that. My problem is when I want to change the header of my layout page to put instead of : $header.="<link rel=\"stylesheet\"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lahabana
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script for know when a file change it

Hi, IŽd like to know how to program a shell script for know when a file changes and based on that make another tasks all this in real time.. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrios7
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to change the extension of a file

I have a directory that contains several files, out of which some files are have an extra extension for example file1.new.new.new file2.new.new.new file3.new.new.new file4.new.new.new i want to write a shell script that rename all such file with only single extension like file1.new... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
7 Replies

7. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Finding the nth Particular Week in a Month – shell script

I see lot of request posted in internet to find out the day of nth week in a Month. example: what is the date of 3rd Sunday in October What is the date of 2nd Friday in June 2012 what is the date of 4th Saturday in January 2011..etc.. The below shell script is used to find out the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change value in a file using perl or shell script

hi, I have a local.conf file which has the first line TOPDIR = "/home/mvdev/workspace/boxer". I want to replace the value to "/home/common/workspace/mirror". I tried the following perl command that is perl -p -i -e 's/Path/path1/g' myfile.txt then sed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvarma77
7 Replies

9. Linux

Get all the files from a FTP location with previous week's dates in the file names using Linux

I have a weird requirement where I have to get the files from a FTP(Lets say FTP1) location and place it on my current FTP(Lets say FTP2) location. The issue is, these are daily files (in a pattern Sales_YYYYMMDD_report.csv) and are placed every day on FTP1 and my process usually runs on Monday(eg.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script change new format on the file.

Hi---Is there's way can write small shell script or perl script open "abc.txt" file and create new "new_abc.txt" file with format output below? Thanks cat abc.txt ###########################Readme############################### Contained with this README.TXT file are all of the file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotran
7 Replies
env(1)								   User Commands							    env(1)

NAME
env - set environment for command invocation SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/env [-i | -] [name=value...] [ utility [ arg... ]] /usr/xpg4/bin/env [-i | -] [name=value...] [ utility [ arg... ]] DESCRIPTION
The env utility obtains the current environment, modifies it according to its arguments, then invokes the utility named by the utility op- erand with the modified environment. Optional arguments are passed to utility. If no utility operand is specified, the resulting environment is written to the standard output, with one name=value pair per line. /usr/bin If env executes commands with arguments, it uses the default shell /usr/bin/sh (see sh(1)). /usr/xpg4/bin If env executes commands with arguments, it uses /usr/xpg4/bin/sh (see ksh(1)). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -i | - Ignores the environment that would otherwise be inherited from the current shell. Restricts the environment for utility to that specified by the arguments. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: name=value Arguments of the form name=value modify the execution environment, and are placed into the inherited environment before utility is invoked. utility The name of the utility to be invoked. If utility names any of the special shell built-in utilities, the results are unde- fined. arg A string to pass as an argument for the invoked utility. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Invoking utilities with new PATH values The following utility: example% env -i PATH=/mybin mygrep xyz myfile invokes the utility mygrep with a new PATH value as the only entry in its environment. In this case, PATH is used to locate mygrep, which then must reside in /mybin. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of env: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. PATH Determine the location of the utility. If PATH is specified as a name=value operand to env, the value given shall be used in the search for utility. EXIT STATUS
If utility is invoked, the exit status of env is the exit status of utility. Otherwise, the env utility returns one of the following exit values: 0 Successful completion. 1-125 An error occurred. 126 utility was found but could not be invoked. 127 utility could not be found. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/bin +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ /usr/xpg4/bin +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWxcu4 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), exec(2), profile(4), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 2 Jan 2002 env(1)