Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron Expression Question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron Expression Question Post 302875187 by Chubler_XL on Monday 18th of November 2013 09:38:44 PM
Old 11-18-2013
You have to specify two lines for that:

Code:
21 13 * * * /usr/local/bin/jobname
36 16 * * * /usr/local/bin/jobname

Unless you also want to run at 4:21PM and 1:36PM then you can use:
Code:
21,36 13,16 * * * /usr/local/bin/jobname

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about regular expression

why does * highlight everything in it... shouldn't it only highlight capital letters? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brentdeback
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expression Question

Hi - I am trying to ignore the following items from a list. lp0 lp11 lp12 lp14 The following code works fine, but I was wondering if there was a tidier way to write the lp regular expression? egrep -v "lp" Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krispy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression question

hi i need to wipe out something from giving path i have some thing like that : pwd | sed 's/.*foo//' it is working fine when I have path like : /blah/balh1/foo/moo so it erasing me all that comes before the foo including the foo but I have problem when I have dir by the name of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question (regular expression related)

anyone knows what does this regular expression match for? \(3,\).*\1.*\1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metalwarrior
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expression question

Folks; I have 3 questions & any help with them would be really appreciated: If i have a list of directories, for example: /fs/pas/2007/4/6/2634210/admdat/examin /fs/pas/2007/4/6/2634210/admdat2/stat /fs/pas/2007/4/6/2634210/admdat3/data /fs/pas/2007/4/6/2634210/im_2/0b.dcm Now; my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on Regular Expression

Folks; Could some one tell me what these 2 regular expressions mean: */(*)/* (\d\d\d\d/\d\d/\d\d/*?) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expression recursion level question

Hi. I am receiving this error message for the highlighted line (let "total=$total+$sales"). line 11: let: total+sales:expression recursion level exceeded (error token is "total+sales") counter=0 sales=0 total=0 echo "enter sales price" read sales total=total+sales while test $sales ; do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a question about a regular expression

I like to loop a list of files which named file1, file2, file3, file4, etc if I like to loop them all over for f in file1, file2, file3, file4 do echo "processing" $f done how to use a regular expression to loop file$i instead? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgreen
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expression Question

Hello, I'm trying to rename a bunch of files that were named incorrectly. I know a little about regular expressions but I'm not very good at them. Here is the image of the file names: http://i47.tinypic.com/np2gxi.jpg I'm trying to change the 20111116 at the beginning to 20101116 for all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nastyn8
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expression question

Hi guys, I need a help with a query. Basically i want to know the difference between (0+01)* and ((0+01)*)* . It seems whatever string can be generated by the first RE can also be generated by second and they should essentially be same. Am i missing something? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srkmish
1 Replies
MAN.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						       MAN.CONF(5)

NAME
man.conf -- man(1) and manpath(1) configuration files DESCRIPTION
The man.conf file is used to configure the manual search path, locales, and utility set for man(1) and its related utilities. During ini- tialization, man(1) reads the configuration files located at /usr/local/etc/man.d/*.conf and /etc/man.conf. The files contained in /usr/local/etc/man.d/*.conf are intended to be used by the ports(7) system for extending the manual set to support additional paths and locales. /etc/man.conf is intended to be used by the local administrator to set additional policy. Currently supported configuration variables include: MANCONFIG Overrides the default location to import additional manual configuration files. Defaults to /usr/local/etc/man.d/*.conf. MANPATH Adds the specified directory to the manual search path. MANLOCALE Indicates support is available for the given locale. For pages in a given language, overriding the default toolset for display is supported via the following definitions: EQN_LANG NROFF_LANG PIC_LANG TBL_LANG TROFF_LANG REFER_LANG VGRIND_LANG See the EXAMPLES section for how to use these variables. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The parser used for this utility is very basic and only supports comment characters (#) at the beginning of a line. FILES
/etc/man.conf System configuration file. /usr/local/etc/man.d/*.conf Local configuration files. EXAMPLES
A perl port that needs to install additional manual pages outside of the default location could install a file in /usr/local/etc/man.d/perl.conf with the following contents: # Add perl man pages to search path MANPATH /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/man MANPATH /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/perl/man A Japanese localization port could install a custom toolset and include a file in /usr/local/etc/man.d/ja-man-doc.conf with the following contents: # Setup Japanese toolset MANLOCALE ja_JP.eucJP EQN_JA /usr/local/bin/geqn PIC_JA /usr/local/bin/gpic TBL_JA /usr/local/bin/gtbl NROFF_JA /usr/local/bin/groff -man -dlang=ja_JP.eucJP TROFF_JA /usr/local/bin/groff -man -dlang=ja_JP.euc.jp If the system administrator decides to override the LOCALBASE make(1) variable causing all ports(7) to be installed into /opt instead of /usr/local, specifying the following in /etc/man.conf will accommodate this change: # Look for additional configuration files MANCONFIG /opt/etc/man.d/*.conf SEE ALSO
apropos(1), man(1), manpath(1), whatis(1) BSD
June 3, 2011 BSD