Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting input and changing variable? Post 302875119 by scriptnewbie on Monday 18th of November 2013 02:01:28 PM
Old 11-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Nothing is going to automatically change the value of $CitySelect for you, CGI doesn't work that way. When the user makes a GET query, the entire string appears in ${QUERY_STRING}, which you can process as you please, deriving the value from it instead of setting it to LONDON.

Your script makes HTML like this:
Code:
<body>
<h2>Weather Forecast - Change City</h2>
<form name="input" action="startPage.html" method="get">
<input type="radio" name="LONDON" value="MUMBAI" >Mumbai<br>
<input type="radio" name="LONDON" value="LONDON" >London
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
<input type="reset" value="Reset!"><br>
</form>
</body></html>

...which I seriously doubt is what you want.
I basically want to update the variable in another script in the config script and send the amended value on submit to change the city. Would you suggest a different method or would this way work.

Another newbie question - do i just echo out ${QUERY_STRING} as written to output the get value/how exactly can you process this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Changing stdin from file redirection to console input

Hi I am doing file redirection at console for use by my binary. %console%> bin &lt inputfile After reading in the entire file, I want my program to continue taking input from the console. So essentially I want to redirect stdin back to console. But I cant figure out how to do it. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nauman
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IFS changing the variable value

Hi, I have a while read loop that reads files in a directory and process. The files have spaces in between, so I have the IFS=\n to to read the whole line as one file name. The read works fine but I have a problem with another variable that I set in the beginning of the script. The variable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send output of a file as input for changing date

Hi, Please help me out on this one. I want to send the output of a file as input for changing the date using date command. Example, i have a file date.txt whose contents are 081014462009 I need to use the date in that file as input for date command. I tried cat date.txt | date ; but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: foxtron
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files by reading a input file and changing the contents

Being new to this area .I have been assigned a task which i am unable to do . Can any one please help me . Hi I have requirement where i have input file XYZ_111_999_YYYYMMDD_1.TXT and with header and series of Numbers and Footer. I want to create a mutiple output files with each file having a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavkr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing variable name in for loop

Hi All please help if possible. I am a Unix novice. I have a similar question to the one posted by yonderboy at about a year ago. However his solution does not work for me. The pseudo code for my problem is as follows: for fund in 1 2 3 4 if (FTP is successfully) then FILE_SENT_fund... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seether
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input value changing into 0

Hi, I am getting a strange problem in my production environment. Line in input file: Code: while read myline do echo $myline >> /home/aauytrf/PARM_FILE_NM.bak fi done < /home/aauytrf/PARM_FILE_NM.prm Output: 0 Here the input line is becoming 0. This is not happening to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: niba
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the variable using awk?

Dear all, I have kind of used both the awk/sed command and found them really useful. But at the necessity I am having right now, I need help. Actually, I would like to do the following in file script.sh PATH535="/eos/uscms/store/user/pooja04//analysis2012/535/mc/summer12/002/tt/" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML variable for input in same input file

Dear All , i stuck in one problem executing xml .. i have input xml as <COMMAND name="ARRANGEMENT.WRITE" timestamp="0" so="initial"> <SVLOBJECT> <LONG name="CSP_PMNT_ID" val="-1"/> <MONEY name="CSP_CEILING" amount="0.0" currency="AUD"/> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Path Variable

Blank Blank Blank (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvibien
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies
Gtk2::CellRendererToggle(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Gtk2::CellRendererToggle(3)

NAME
Gtk2::CellRendererToggle HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Glib::InitiallyUnowned +----Gtk2::Object +----Gtk2::CellRenderer +----Gtk2::CellRendererToggle METHODS
cellrenderer = Gtk2::CellRendererToggle->new boolean = $toggle->get_active $toggle->set_active ($setting) o $setting (boolean) boolean = $toggle->get_radio $toggle->set_radio ($radio) o $radio (boolean) PROPERTIES
'activatable' (boolean : readable / writable / private) The toggle button can be activated 'active' (boolean : readable / writable / private) The toggle state of the button 'inconsistent' (boolean : readable / writable / private) The inconsistent state of the button 'indicator-size' (integer : readable / writable / private) Size of check or radio indicator 'radio' (boolean : readable / writable / private) Draw the toggle button as a radio button SIGNALS
toggled (Gtk2::CellRendererToggle, string) SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object, Glib::InitiallyUnowned, Gtk2::Object, Gtk2::CellRenderer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2008 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Gtk2::CellRendererToggle(3)