Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk : Search for text between two time frame (12 hours) Post 302875097 by zenkarthi on Monday 18th of November 2013 01:22:23 PM
Old 11-18-2013
awk : Search for text between two time frame (12 hours)

I have created the script to grep the errors from weblogic logs files and redirecting output to file.txt ...From file.txt I'm using awk command to collect the past 20 mins output...The script running from cron every 15 mins... The script working well...

Now the challenges, I'm trying to use this same script for different application but that log files format is 12 hours so need your help to use awk or sed command to collect the past 15 mins from 12 hours date format.

The log files 12 hours format (ex- Nov 18, 2013 9:50:16 AM UTC)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search string during a specific time frame

Can someone please help me with searching a string during a specific time frame. Below is the format of the time from my log file. "GET /AAM2009_wherewereheaded.wmv HTTP/1.1" 200 52307085 The search string I need is "AAM2009_wherewereheaded.wmv" I need to search the number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tadi18
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to delete files within a particular time frame under multiple sub folders

Greetings! I'm looking for starting information for a shell script. Here's my scenario: I have multiple folders(100) for example: /www/test/applications/app1/logs /www/test/applications/app2/logs Within these folders there are log files files that need to be deleted after a month. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whysolucky
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for text between two time frame using sed

I have log files with time stamps. I want to search for text between two time stamp using sed even if the first tme stamp or the last time stamp are not present. For e.g. if i search between 9:30 and 9:40 then it should return text even if 9:30 or 9:40 is not there but between 9:30 and 9:40 is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azher
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : unable to frame code with Business:Hours module with example

Hi all , There are two datetimes in the below format $datetime1="2007-12-31 16:50:00"; $datetime2="2008-1-1 04:24:00"; I need to calculate time in minutes only in between the office hours.(08:00 to 18:00 ). in PERL. For the above requirement I found a module Business::Hours that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log search and mail it if the log is updated before 24 hours from the current time

Hi , We have around 22 logs , each has different entries. I have to automate this using shell script. The ideas which am sharing is given below 1) We use only TAIL -100 <location and name of the log> Command to check the logs. 2) We want to check whether the log was updated before 24... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : collecting all data between two time frame

Hi Experts , I need your help to collect the complete data between two time frame from the log files, when I try awk it's collecting the data only which is printed with time stamp for example, awk works well from "16:00 to 17:30" but its not collecting <line*> "from 17:30 to 18:00" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zenkarthi
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Account getting Locked Everyday between same Time Frame

I am facing an Issue with a particular Unix Account ( ie a particular Userid) getting LOCKED everyday between 7:30am and 8:00am. The Password associated with this particular Account has been setup such that it should never Expire at all but it does LOCK the Account after more than 3 failed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk:String search more than one time and capture OP

Dear All During one of mine script developemnt i am stuch at one sub part. Requiremnt is as below kindly help me. IP file: 2015-02-28 10:10:15 AL M UtranCell UtranCell=RTE001X (unavailable) 2015-02-28 10:10:15 AL M UtranCell UtranCell=RTE001Y (unavailable) 2015-02-28 10:10:15 AL M... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on script to capture info on log file for a particular time frame

Hi I have a system running uname -a Linux cmovel-db01 2.6.32-38-server #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:26:59 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux I would like to capture the contents of /var/log/syslog from 11:00AM to 11:30AM and sent to this info via email. I was thinking in set a cron entry at that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to filter the result set within 2 time frame

my sample file is like this $cat onefile 05/21/18 13:10:07 ABRT US1CPDAY Status 1 05/21/18 21:18:54 ABRT DailyBackup_VFFPRDAPENTL01 Status 6 05/21/18 21:26:24 ABRT DailyBackup_VFFPRDAPENTL02 Status 6 05/21/18 21:57:36 ABRT DailyBackup_vm-ea1ffpreng01 Status 6... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
7 Replies
SLEEP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  SLEEP(1)

NAME
sleep -- suspend execution for an interval of time SYNOPSIS
sleep seconds DESCRIPTION
The sleep command suspends execution for a minimum of seconds. If the sleep command receives a signal, it takes the standard action. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The SIGALRM signal is not handled specially by this implementation. The sleep command will accept and honor a non-integer number of specified seconds (with a '.' character as a decimal point). This is a non- portable extension, and its use will nearly guarantee that a shell script will not execute properly on another system. EXAMPLES
To schedule the execution of a command for x number seconds later (with csh(1)): (sleep 1800; sh command_file >& errors)& This incantation would wait a half hour before running the script command_file. (See the at(1) utility.) To reiteratively run a command (with the csh(1)): while (1) if (! -r zzz.rawdata) then sleep 300 else foreach i (`ls *.rawdata`) sleep 70 awk -f collapse_data $i >> results end break endif end The scenario for a script such as this might be: a program currently running is taking longer than expected to process a series of files, and it would be nice to have another program start processing the files created by the first program as soon as it is finished (when zzz.rawdata is created). The script checks every five minutes for the file zzz.rawdata, when the file is found, then another portion processing is done courteously by sleeping for 70 seconds in between each awk job. DIAGNOSTICS
The sleep utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
nanosleep(2), sleep(3) STANDARDS
The sleep command is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. HISTORY
A sleep command appeared in Version 4 AT&T UNIX. BSD
April 18, 1994 BSD