Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX comand
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX comand Post 302874269 by asappidi on Thursday 14th of November 2013 03:39:21 PM
Old 11-14-2013
HP UNIX comand

Team,

I need unix command to grep directory part from the string
for example I have a texts something like
Code:
/apps/opt/data/current/spool/test.dbf
/apps/opt/archive/../../test.dbf

I need only directory part from that string
like my out put will

Code:
/apps/opt/data/current/spool/
/apps/opt/archive/../../

Code:
echo "/apps/opt/data/current/spool/test.dbf" | awk -F"/" '{ print $NR}'

will display file name. But I need only path

Last edited by Scott; 11-14-2013 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags; and if you must use a useless subject title, please at least spell it correctly ;-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount comand

Dear experts: I am installing software on Unix via telnet using CD on my NT workstation. What kind of NFS & mount comands I should run in the beginning ? (what exactly should be <drive for cdrom> and <mount ditectory> in the mount comand? Thanks in advance, etc.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostam
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

blanks in an awk comand

Hi, Im trying to write something that will report if a filesytem is over 80% but the problem is the output reports on a dir that is a 9%. any ideas? this is what I have ************************************************* if then param=90 else param=$1 fi df -kl | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: collie
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exec comand

hi, i have written a small script in which i use exec command and redriect output to a file..after sometime i want to switch it off and redirect the output to screen..how to do it exec >> /tmp/out.txt 2>&1 //set of statements then i want to switch of these exec as the rest should get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use sleep comand for milliseconds?

how to use sleep comand for milliseconds? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brkavi_in
3 Replies

5. Solaris

comand df -k

I need to know the available space in my unix. when making a df -k it shows me the following thing: /dev/vx/dsk/emc2/vol06 136764867 121542767 1545614 99% /emc06 would need them to explain to me well the command. since under the column avail the resulting value is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roviedo
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

collect comand usage

I would like to set up monitoring of CPU, memory and disk utilization as a cron job daily with this command, on a Tru64 machine. I presume that it can be done similar to syslog.dated procedure, so that every day i get a file in, for example, /var/adm/collect.dated/... Specifically, i would like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veccinho
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort comand for Date

Hi All, I have two questions for sorting based on date. Sample input: 2009/07/23 11:48:44|alpha 2009/07/23 11:48:44|gamme 2009/07/23 11:48:44|beta 2009/07/23 11:48:44|test 2009/07/23 11:48:44|data 2009/07/23 11:48:44|hello 2009/07/23 11:48:44|cat Output: 2009/07/23... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintet
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Using dd comand

Hello peolple i have to check a tape with de dd comand and redirect the exit dd if=/dev/rmt/0cn ibs=1024k of=/dev/null i need that the exit from that commando go to a log if a do this dd if=/dev/rmt/0cn ibs=1024k of=/dev/null > x.log don`t send me nothing to the log only in the screen. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

a comand finding all files from unix system

Hi, I am new in using unix systems and I need your help. I would like to make a command that prints all files (not directories) from a file system. These files must be executable from all users (--x --x --x) Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter20
2 Replies

10. AIX

smit see comand performed ??

i in smit , press F6 , smit fs , Change / Show Characteristics of an Enhanced Journaled File System then F6 to see the comand , how can i see the command performed ?? x() { │ │ LIST= ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
5 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)