Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SAN DISK raid level in AIX
Operating Systems AIX SAN DISK raid level in AIX Post 302873843 by zaxxon on Wednesday 13th of November 2013 09:33:09 AM
Old 11-13-2013
Code:
Bound Thin Pool Name     : RAID1_FC

This is a name, not the actual value of a configuration. So you depend on the fact, that someone or some mechanism is setting the name accordingly.
So what Bakunin said is still true - you basically can't get that information directly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

RAID level of array = false?

I created a RAID 5 array and when I list out the attributes of the "hdisk" it reports back raid_level = 5 but the RAID level of the array = false. What does this actually indicate about my array? I've never paid much attention to this until now since I have a disk reporting failure I want to make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsl
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX disk less with SAN

Hi All, I have mirrored SAN volume on my B80 rootvg. Can I just remove the mirror and "Remove a P V from a V G" and it will be a diskless AIX? Is that going to boot on SAN rootvg volume? Thanks in advance, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.2/5.3 - rootvg on SAN disk - pros and cons

We are considering a DR strategy of booting AIX 5.3 and 5.3 logical partitions from EMC Symmetrix SAN disks, so that we can replicate via SRDF to a recovery site. Has anyone tried configuring AIX 5.x systems to boot from SAN disk? If so, can you provide any information on the pros and cons of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjgarrot
6 Replies

4. AIX

IBM FastT600 SAN - RAID 5 Storage Manager Client v08.33.G5.03 - Recovery?

To summarize the problem: The "IBM FastT Storage Manager Client v8" shows that our Disk Farm is arranged into 6 logical drives each in a RAID 5 configuration. This software also shows that 5 of the 6 logical drives (from Disk Farm) are in a error state: "Failed Logical Drive - Drive Failure".... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aix-olympics
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

6. Solaris

I/O Error on SAN Disk

Hi, I have a production solaris 10 SPARC system (portal). Yesterday legato/Networker gave an I/O Error on one of the files on its SAN mounted disk. I went to that particular file on the system, did an ls and it showed the file. However, ls -l did not work and it said IO error. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
6 Replies

7. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. AIX

raid level

Hi Admins, What is the command to check the RAID level in aix 5.3 I have a vg with 5 disks.I want to check the raid level. Regards newaix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newaix
1 Replies

9. AIX

SAN Disk Appearing double in AIX

Hello Folks, I have directly connected my IBM Pseries AIX machine to SAN Storage I have a dual port Fibre Channel Adapter Connected both fiber ports to SAN Box IBM DS4500 Controller A & Controller B Using IBM DS storage manager client 10 -- created one logical disk and assigned to a... (18 Replies)
18 Replies

10. AIX

San disk appearing double in old AIX

Hi guys, :) I'm a studient in IT field (AIX) I'm trying to map a LUN from a SAN (DS3400) to an AIX server (5300-04-00) I know there is no MPIO on this version of AIX, and i see double my LUN from the SAN root@localhost # lscfg | grep hdisk + hdisk7 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
13 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)