Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File grep quick query
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File grep quick query Post 302873297 by senthil.ak on Monday 11th of November 2013 04:30:51 PM
Old 11-11-2013
It was missing in the "done" it should be

Code:
done<pattern.cfg

But I am unable to post the traces logs show here. But still we can consider this way for my experiment.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick Grep question

Is it possible to grep for two words at once? I want to grep for the words SEVERE or FATAL. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick question on grep: grabbing lines above and below

Just a quick question on grep/egrep. I am writing a shell script that is looking for certain strings in a text file. It works well and gets exactly what I need. However, the way the program writes to the text file, it puts the timestamp in a line above the string I am looking for and the path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecoffeeguy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding grep

In what cases the following command ignores lines in input file: $ grep -c "^" inputfile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicon007
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep query

As part of my never-ending nagios automation project I am need to implement the following run line into a loop; -bash-3.00$ grep ${feed} /usr/local/feed/service/clients/*/bin/* | awk -F/ '{print "To restart: /"$2"/"$3"/"$4"/"$5"/"$6"/"$7"/"$8"/"$9}' Which prints to screen; To restart:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

ls grep query

Hi please can someone help me with a query? The following command is executed: $ ls abc def hij You execute the command: ls | grep f*. Which files will be displayed and why? thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmn0004676
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A quick query

Hello All, i am facing an issue and could not understand the possible reason... When the following command is executed from command line (from # prompt) the output is as desired but executing the same from a shell script, the result is an error. It is important for the command to execute in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Quick question]Problem with execl and GREP

Guys, I have the following code #include <fcntl.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #include <unistd.h> void read2(); main(int argc, char** argv) { int pid,status; pid=fork(); if ( pid == 0 ) { read2(argv,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfpietro
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick help on grep -w please

Hello Experts, Here is my problem.. cat abc.txt 1,"nathan available" 2,"MW nathan available" 3,"HW nathan available" How can i grep for "nathan available" alone. I tried grep -w "nathan available" Problem is that the pattern is enclosed in Quotes " ". I know we can do grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep is used to invoke the grep on compress'ed or gzip'ed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is speci- fied, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If zgrep is invoked as zegrep or zfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep zgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; zgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), zdiff(1), zmore(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) ZGREP(1)