Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File grep quick query
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File grep quick query Post 302873297 by senthil.ak on Monday 11th of November 2013 04:30:51 PM
Old 11-11-2013
It was missing in the "done" it should be

Code:
done<pattern.cfg

But I am unable to post the traces logs show here. But still we can consider this way for my experiment.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick Grep question

Is it possible to grep for two words at once? I want to grep for the words SEVERE or FATAL. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick question on grep: grabbing lines above and below

Just a quick question on grep/egrep. I am writing a shell script that is looking for certain strings in a text file. It works well and gets exactly what I need. However, the way the program writes to the text file, it puts the timestamp in a line above the string I am looking for and the path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecoffeeguy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding grep

In what cases the following command ignores lines in input file: $ grep -c "^" inputfile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicon007
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep query

As part of my never-ending nagios automation project I am need to implement the following run line into a loop; -bash-3.00$ grep ${feed} /usr/local/feed/service/clients/*/bin/* | awk -F/ '{print "To restart: /"$2"/"$3"/"$4"/"$5"/"$6"/"$7"/"$8"/"$9}' Which prints to screen; To restart:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

ls grep query

Hi please can someone help me with a query? The following command is executed: $ ls abc def hij You execute the command: ls | grep f*. Which files will be displayed and why? thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmn0004676
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A quick query

Hello All, i am facing an issue and could not understand the possible reason... When the following command is executed from command line (from # prompt) the output is as desired but executing the same from a shell script, the result is an error. It is important for the command to execute in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Quick question]Problem with execl and GREP

Guys, I have the following code #include <fcntl.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #include <unistd.h> void read2(); main(int argc, char** argv) { int pid,status; pid=fork(); if ( pid == 0 ) { read2(argv,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfpietro
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick help on grep -w please

Hello Experts, Here is my problem.. cat abc.txt 1,"nathan available" 2,"MW nathan available" 3,"HW nathan available" How can i grep for "nathan available" alone. I tried grep -w "nathan available" Problem is that the pattern is enclosed in Quotes " ". I know we can do grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep, zegrep, zfgrep -- print lines matching a pattern in gzip-compressed files SYNOPSIS
zgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [files ...] zegrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] zfgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] DESCRIPTION
zgrep runs grep(1) on files or stdin, if no files argument is given, after decompressing them with zcat(1). The grep-flags and pattern arguments are passed on to grep(1). If an -e flag is found in the grep-flags, zgrep will not look for a pattern argument. zegrep calls egrep(1), while zfgrep calls fgrep(1). EXIT STATUS
In case of missing arguments or missing pattern, 1 will be returned, otherwise 0. SEE ALSO
egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1), gzip(1), zcat(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> BSD
December 28, 2003 BSD