Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to monitor process that consumes 100% during more than 01 hour ? Post 302873187 by CarloM on Monday 11th of November 2013 10:20:15 AM
Old 11-11-2013
I'm guessing MadeInGermany's output didn't include empty time fields - you'd need to update the awk to check for a non-zero leading (sub)field in the time rather than just checking if it exists.

EDIT: And also handle days somehow...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lightwight Process monitor

We've been having some problems with a specific program in our nightly processing, so I whipped up a little script to run to monitor it, and send an e-mail when it's complete (failure or not). My primary problem is that I cannot modify the binary or the script that calls it, since the developers... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to process files created an hour ago

Hello all, I would like to ask for an advice on how to deal with the following scenario. Every now and then, our ERP system creates an interface text file with the following file format - XORD????.DLD where ???? is a sequence number. We can have 1 or more XORD files created in an hour. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: negixx
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Kill a particular process if it's over an hour hold

I meant old not hold :) I need to kill a process if it's over an hour old and then send an e-mail of the list that was killed.....? I need to kill ps -ef | grep stashd | grep ' older than an hour?' #! /bin/bash if test ps -ef | grep <stashd> (Is over an hour old)???? >>stashd_old.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to monitor the process

hi all I am running a script monitor using source command. the shell script monitor is used to execute a pl/sql procedure. when i do source monitor and then ps -ef | grep <procedure name> i do not get any info but when i do sh monitor and then ps -ef | grep <procedure name> i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

code to monitor a process

hi, I need to change the code such that it becomes configurable to send email or sms or both. At the moment the code works like sending both email and sms for any alert now want to change it to send email/sms as per my demand. 1. Like for a particular alert I only want email 2. If the alert... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor file generation for an hour using Korn shell script

Hi, I am new to this unix scripting, I got a requirement like.. Files with *.XML extension will be generating in a /home/sample/ folder for every 15 mins. I need to monitor those files in that particular folder for every hour. If no file has been generated in that particular folder for an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find which process consumes more memory

in our Oracle DB server, the free RAM is very low. we would like to know which process consumes more RAM what is the comand I can use ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a process continuously for an hour then stop?

Hi I have a shell script I would like to run it has to run twice a day every 5 seconds for an hour I can do this with cron but I was hoping there was an easier way. Is there a way to make a process sleep only at a certain time of day say between 1 and 2 pm? Or under certain conditions? Any help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
8 Replies
JOIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [ options ] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Join forms, on the standard output, a join of the two relations specified by the lines of file1 and file2. If one of the file names is the standard input is used. File1 and file2 must be sorted in increasing ASCII collating sequence on the fields on which they are to be joined, normally the first in each line. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 that have identical join fields. The output line normally con- sists of the common field, then the rest of the line from file1, then the rest of the line from file2. Input fields are normally separated spaces or tabs; output fields by space. In this case, multiple separators count as one, and leading separators are discarded. The following options are recognized, with POSIX syntax. -a n In addition to the normal output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file n, where n is 1 or 2. -v n Like -a, omitting output for paired lines. -e s Replace empty output fields by string s. -1 m -2 m Join on the mth field of file1 or file2. -jn m Archaic equivalent for -n m. -ofields Each output line comprises the designated fields. The comma-separated field designators are either 0, meaning the join field, or have the form n.m, where n is a file number and m is a field number. Archaic usage allows separate arguments for field designators. -tc Use character c as the only separator (tab character) on input and output. Every appearance of c in a line is significant. EXAMPLES
sort /adm/users | join -t: -a 1 -e "" - bdays Add birthdays to password information, leaving unknown birthdays empty. The layout of is given in users(6); bdays contains sorted lines like tr : ' ' </adm/users | sort -k 3 3 >temp join -1 3 -2 3 -o 1.1,2.1 temp temp | awk '$1 < $2' Print all pairs of users with identical userids. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/join.c SEE ALSO
sort(1), comm(1), awk(1) BUGS
With default field separation, the collating sequence is that of sort -b -ky,y; with -t, the sequence is that of sort -tx -ky,y. One of the files must be randomly accessible. JOIN(1)