Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ssh log-in
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Ssh log-in Post 302872855 by QuintinoJr on Sunday 10th of November 2013 10:06:32 AM
Old 11-10-2013
Hello,

Does it DNS is resolving?
Print output your "nslookup".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH/Sftp log in fail recovery

I am connecting to X number of boxes and using sftp to grab files that need to backed up. the box i am doing it from should have keys set up, but in case something happens and it doesnt i need my script to recover from it and not sit there waiting for a password for 10 min. And i need to log which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append log file through ssh

Hello.... I am attempting to append a master log file with the contents of log files that are contained on about 7 servers. #!/bin/sh > /gfs/infr/esm/scripts/DBA_FILESYSTEM_REPORT.LOG ###################################################################### # Server Delphin / OS: Solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Hi, I want to log into windows from unix using ssh through a script to execute some commands.We have cygwin installed on windows.We have expect library installed on unix(sun solaris).What would be codes for logging into widows from a shell script. Regards, Megh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create log file in NFS via SSH

OS: Sun Solaris ver 9 From server1: as root userid ssh server2 /export/home/user1/.ssh/s2.sh logtest=/export/home/user1/test.log log1=/u03/user2/comn/admin/log/ uname -a >> $logtest --> log file able to generate uname -a >> $log1 --> not able to as /u03/user2/comn/admin/log is NFS from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Global zones - not allow log via SSH

Hi, I have Global zone and 2 users: root and app. I know password root and app. When a user app log - putty displays Access denied Using keyboard-interactive authentication. In file /etc/security/policy.conf I set CRYPT_DEFAULT=2a And in file /etc/ssh/sshd_config I set PermitRootLogin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging Remote SSH command (cannot log a java output)

Hi all I'm creating a script that runs a few commands on some boxes and everything can be logged EXCEPT the java -version command, there doesn't seem to be any output... Can anyone help explain why this does not work? Do I need to do something extra to append the output from the java... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't SSH log in without password.

I am working on Solaris 10 Sparc. While ssh trust relation building for SUN-CLUSTER on server, I am facing issue. I can log in from server2 to serer1 direactly but when i log in to server1 from server2 it prompts password. root@app1 # ssh app2 Last login: Wed Jul 27 14:08:14 2011... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand87
0 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Log remote execution over SSH

If a user execute commands remotely over ssh : $ ssh USERNAME@SERVER COMMANDSHow the SERVER administrator can log those COMMANDS executed in a "not a tty" session ? I searched for my question and get the following suggestions:Anybody give help how to do this ? what the content of "/bin/bash "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new0h
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Out SSH User in Bash

So, I've been writing a system to allow users temporary access onto a system. Essentially, there's a web server with a PHP script, the PHP script takes a Username & Password from a webform, and passes it to a script, createusr.sh. The script looks something like this: pass=$(perl -e 'print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddoT
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in analysing SSH LOG users & time

Attached is the log file that I have generated through the following script: last | head -2 |sed '2q;d' |awk '{ print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$7"\t"$8"\t" $9"\t"$10"\t"$11}'>>/var/log/logadmin/logtest.txt But now I'm unable to run the following operations on it: 1. Count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lionking93
1 Replies
rhosts(5)							File Formats Manual							 rhosts(5)

Name
       rhosts - list of hosts that are logically equivalent to the local host

Syntax
       /$HOME/.rhosts

Description
       The  file  allows  a  user  who has an account on the local host to log in from a remote host without supplying a password.  It also allows
       remote copies to the local host.

If the file exists, it is located in a user's home directory.  It is not a mandatory file, however.

The format of a file entry is:
       hostname [username]
       The hostname is the name of the remote host from which the user wants to log into the local host.  The username is the user's login name on
       the remote host.  If you do not specify a user name, the user must have the same login name on both the remote and local hosts.

The  host  names  listed in the file may optionally contain the local BIND domain name.	For more information on BIND, see the Guide to the
       BIND/Hesiod Service.

If a user is logged in to and wants to log in to a host called without supplying a password, she must:

o    Have an account on

o    Create a file in her home directory on

o    Specify host1 ginger as an entry in the file.
	    If has the same login on both and she can simply specify host1 in her entry.  You can allow the superuser of a remote system to log in
	    to your system without password protection or perform a remote copy by having a file in the root ( / ) directory, but it is not recom-
	    mended.
	    In addition to having a file, the superuser needs a terminal entry in the file for each pseudoterminal configured in the system.   The
	    secure entry looks similar to the following:
	    ttyp3      none    network	       secure
	    See the reference page for more information.

Examples
       The  following is a sample file for the user It is located in her home directory on She also has accounts on the hosts called and Her login
       name on and is the same as on but her login on is

To enable to log in to from and without supplying a password, her on should contain the following entries:
       machine1
       system1	gordon
       host3

See Also
       hosts.equiv(5), ttys(5)
       Introduction to Networking and Distributed System Services

rhosts(5)