Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help formatting a .csv file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help formatting a .csv file Post 302872725 by lestatyela on Saturday 9th of November 2013 02:08:23 PM
Old 11-09-2013
RudiC, the field count that i gave is before delete fields, i mean, the original field count. That change your code?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with formatting a csv file

Hi, Can anyone help me format a csv file. My csv file have 6 columns. the last 2 columns were put on the second row. Here is the sample output: 000584, 200829014,30,PAPER, 4200059000,'DIXIE BOWLS HEAVY DUTY DISPOSABLE 10 OZ 1. How can I put the last 2 columns in the first row,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: softwood
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV formatting with prefixing, appending and padding field

Hi I have a very large csv file with some hundreds of thousands of rows of data. The data is in the following format: Up to four alpha numeric characters for the first word. This is either set as 2 characters followed by 2 spaces, or as a single 4character word. This is then followed by an 8... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meself
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Data - CSV

I want to check whether if any column data has any + , - , = prefixed to it then convert it in such a form that in excel its not read as formula. echo "$DATA" | awk 'BEGIN { OFS="," } -F" " {print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8.$9,$10,$11,$12}' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV file horizontal formatting

Hi folks, Please help me with csv file formatting which needs to be done in horizontal fashion. I have data coming in separate files every hour. What I need to do is extract three values into csv file. In the next hour, I need to extract the new values beside the three values which were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vharsha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting into CSV format of SQL session output

I am getting a no of fields from a SQL session (e.g. select a,b,c from table). How do I convert the output values into CSV format . The output should be like this 'a','b','c', (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting csv file in Unix script

Hi, Am using the following command to create a csv file paste File_1.csv File_4.csv File_7.csv >Out1.csv paste File_2.csv File_5.csv File_8.csv >>Out1.csv paste File_3.csv File_4.csv File_9.csv >>Out1.csv Input Data: Expected Output: Column 1 Column 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting csv file

Hello I wrote a perl script to output a text file filled with ip addresses and ports that i scanned into microsoft excel. Now that the data is in excel my boss wants me to organize the file in csv format such as Server,port,protocol,random,random,random ns1,25,tcp,stuff,stuff,stuff Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingbp
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data formatting in CSV file to EXCEL

Hello friends I want to convert an csv file on unix (which is generated by a ETL application) to a formatted excel sheet like .I have roughly like 28 columns 1)All numbers need to be stored as numbers with leading zeros-like format as text for this column to preserve leading zeroes e.g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies
ANNO(1) 							     [nmh-1.5]								   ANNO(1)

NAME
anno - annotate messages SYNOPSIS
anno [+folder] [msgs] [-component field] [-inplace | -noinplace] [-date | -nodate] [-draft] [-append] [-list] [-delete] [-number [num|all]] [-preserve | -nopreserve] [-version] [-help] [-text body] DESCRIPTION
Anno manipulates header fields or annotations in messages. Header fields consist of a field name and an optional field body as defined by RFC-2822. The -component option specifies the field name, and the -text option specifies the field body. The messages are either the msgs in the named folder, or the draft if invoked with the -draft option. Usually, annotation is performed by the commands dist, forw, and repl, if they are given the -anno switch. This allows you to keep track of your distribution of, forwarding of, and replies to a message. By using anno, you can perform arbitrary annotations of your own. Each message selected will be annotated with the lines field: date field: body The -nodate switch inhibits the date annotation, leaving only the body annotation. By default, anno prepends the annotations to the message. Annotations are instead appended if the -append option is specified. If a -component field is not specified when anno is invoked, anno will prompt the user for the name of field for the annotation. The field specified must be a valid 2822-style message field name, which means that it may only consist of alphanumerics and dashes, The body specified is arbitrary text. Normally anno does the annotation inplace in order to preserve any links to the message. You may change this by using the -noinplace switch. The -list option produces a listing of the field bodies for header fields with names matching the specified component, one per line. The listing is numbered, starting at 1, if the -number option is also used. A tab character separates the number and the field body. The field body is treated as if it is a file name, and only the final path name component is listed. The complete field body is listed if the -text option is used, the contents of the text are ignored. The -delete option removes header fields from messages. The first header field whose name matches the component is deleted if no other options are specified. If the -text option is used in conjunction with the -delete option, the first header field whose name matches the component and whose body matches the text is deleted. The text is treated as if it was a file name; if it begins with a slash, the entire field body must match the text, otherwise just the last path name component of the field body must match. If the -number option is used in conjuction with the -delete option, header field num whose name matches the component is deleted. The number matches that which is pro- duced by the -list option. The special value all can be used for the number, and causes all components that match the name to be deleted. By default, anno changes the last-accessed and last-modified times on annotate messages to the time at which the annotation occurs. Anno preserves the original times if the -preserve option is used. A matching -nopreserve option exists that allows time preservation to be turned off if enabled in the profile. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder SEE ALSO
dist(1), forw(1), repl(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `msgs' defaults to cur `-inplace' `-date' CONTEXT
If a folder is given, it will become the current folder. The first message annotated will become the current message. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 ANNO(1)