Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Installing PHP tools using RPM in Redhat Linux Post 302872629 by Vicky81 on Saturday 9th of November 2013 12:05:15 AM
Old 11-09-2013
Installing PHP tools using RPM in Redhat Linux

Hi there,
I am trying to install few PHP tools in my Linux server by creating RPMs from source ( tar.gz) files. The issue here is that the tar.gz files does not have a configure file and so I am not able to do
./configure
make
install
opertations. I tried downloading src.rpms of these tools, but they have huge xml files that produce some syntax error and not able to proceed.

One example of the tool i tried to install is PHP-Code Sniffer.

Please help !!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing RedHat Linux 7

Hey everybody. Its been awhile since I last posted but in short I am now in posession of RedHat Linux 7.0 which I got from a book called the RedHat 7 Bible. As this is not an official distribution I cannot get product support from RedHat so I decided to try here. I have three computers. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGoof
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing driver in linux redhat... what am I doing wrong?

I am trying to install this driver: http://www.asus.com/support/download/selectftp.aspx?l1_id=1&l2_id=15&l3_id=15&m_id=1&f_name=5702_558.zip~zaqwedc hoping it will correct my problem with my ethernet card. I am following the instructions in the text file that came with download... it says to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing php-4.3.3-2.i386.rpm

Ok when i try to run the install the is what i get How can i fix this can anyone help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blackrose
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing database through RPM

Hi everyone I have just joined a software developing team. I am new to unix. Basically we are developing a product, the problem is when the end user will install this package we would like to install the datbase associated with our product using RPM. Can it be done? how secure it is? and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul.saxena
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insturction for installing Apache and PHP on linux

Hello, Please give me stepwise instruction on installing Apache and PHP on linux. Thanks sheen (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheen
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to install expect after installing tcl on Redhat Linux

Hi, I have install tcl and then expect but I am getting below ouput while trying which expect which expect /usr/bin/which: no expect in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin) I have copied both in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish_1678
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on Redhat ver.6 RPM's

Hi, Using Redhat version 6.0, I need nmap so I have downloaded. But it requires many other dependencies, when I try to install it. See below err.msg. Is there any other way to get this installed, or I need to download each of the dependencies. rpm -Uhv nmap-5.51-2-mdv2011.0.x86_64.rpm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

installing rpm from ISO

Hi, I would like to know is it possible to install rpm along its depedable rpm from mounted .iso image on Redhat Linux while installing rpm it is showing so many depandancy, so I would like to know with single command wheather it will take all depedable rpm from mounted iso image. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

RedHat version in rpm spec files

Hi In opensuse we have this nice version control variable I use much when designing rpm spec files: rpm --showrc | grep suse_version %if 0%{?suse_version} > 0 && 0%{?suse_version} < 1700 -14: suse_version 1140But I do not find anything close to this in rhel/centos The only way... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mortenb
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Issues installing inotify-tools on RedHat Linux

I wish to install inotify-tools-3.20.1-2.4.x86_64.rpm on Linux and fire inotifywait command. Initially i was looking for "inotify-tools-3.xx.tar.gz" as instructed here http://jensd.be/248/linux/use-inotify-tools-on-centos-7-or-rhel-7-to-watch-files-and-directories-for-events I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
TINYMUX-INSTALL(1)					      General Commands Manual						TINYMUX-INSTALL(1)

NAME
tinymux-install - installer for the tinymux flavor mush server SYNOPSIS
tinymux-install [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tinymux-install command. It was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. tinymux-install is a program that installs the tinymux server in the user directory from which it is ran. It provides all necessary data and configuration files for each user account it is setup for, as well as the restart script needed to initiate an instance of the tinymux server process. tinymux-install itself should only be run once per user to install the necessary files and links. All updating of the tinymux server should be done on a global level by the system administrator. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ervin Hearn III <noltar@korongil.net>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tinymux(6) October 25, 2004 TINYMUX-INSTALL(1)