Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fetching values in CSV file based on column name Post 302871883 by Akshay Hegde on Thursday 7th of November 2013 07:14:17 AM
Old 11-07-2013
@bharathbangalor

Did you try #4 ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick the column value based on another column from .csv file

My scenario is that I need to pick value from third column based on fourth column value, if fourth column value is 1 then first value of third column.Third column (2|3|4|6|1) values are cancatenated. Main imp point, in my .csv file, third column is having price value with comma (1,20,300), it has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to identify duplicate values at first column in csv file

Hello experts, I have a requirement where I have to implement two checks on a csv file: 1. Check to see if the value in first column is duplicate, if any value is duplicate script should exit. 2. Check to verify if the value at second column is between "yes" or "no", if it is anything else... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avikaljain
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for extracting data from csv file based on column values.

Hi all, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 5 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 5 as below along with their valuesm.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching columns from .csv file except last column

Hi, i have below list of files so i just want the name of the files in one parameter and not the timestamp. i want only GIDW_Dy_Tm_Seg_Sls_legacy_PL_0_0_ in variable of all files. GIDW_Dy_Tm_Seg_Sls_legacy_PL_0_0_20131001101800.csv GIDW_Dly_Sls_legacy_RO_0_0_20131001172001.csv ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: renuk
9 Replies

5. Linux

Filter a .CSV file based on the 5th column values

I have a .CSV file with the below format: "column 1","column 2","column 3","column 4","column 5","column 6","column 7","column 8","column 9","column 10 "12310","42324564756","a simple string with a , comma","string with or, without commas","string 1","USD","12","70%","08/01/2013",""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the values from a certain column without deleting the Column name in a .CSV file

(14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
14 Replies

7. Linux

To get all the columns in a CSV file based on unique values of particular column

cat sample.csv ID,Name,no 1,AAA,1 2,BBB,1 3,AAA,1 4,BBB,1 cut -d',' -f2 sample.csv | sort | uniq this gives only the 2nd column values Name AAA BBB How to I get all the columns of CSV along with this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanvel
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify duplicate values at first column in csv file

Input 1,ABCD,no 2,system,yes 3,ABCD,yes 4,XYZ,no 5,XYZ,yes 6,pc,noCode used to find duplicate with regard to 2nd column awk 'NR == 1 {p=$2; next} p == $2 { print "Line" NR "$2 is duplicated"} {p=$2}' FS="," ./input.csv Now is there a wise way to de-duplicate the entire line (remove... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get maximum per column from CSV file, based on date column

Hello everyone, I am using ksh on Solaris 10 and I'm gathering data in a CSV file that looks like this: 20170628-23:25:01,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,55,55,1 20170628-23:30:01,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,56,56,1 20170628-23:35:00,1,0,0,1,1,2,1,57,57,2 20170628-23:40:00,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,58,58,2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
6 Replies
TABLIFY(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       TABLIFY(1p)

NAME
tablify - turn a delimited text file into a text table SYNOPSIS
tablify [options] file Options: -h|--help Show help --no-headers Assume first line is data, not headers --no-pager Do not use $ENV{'PAGER'} even if defined --strip-quotes Strip " or ' around fields -l|--list List the fields in the file (for use with -f) -f|--fields=f1[,f2] Show only fields in comma-separated list; when used in conjunction with "no-headers" the list should be field numbers (starting at 1); otherwise, should be field names -w|where=f<cmp>v Apply the "cmp" Perl operator to restrict output where field "f" matches the value "v"; acceptable operators include ==, eq, >, >=, <=, and =~ -v|--vertical Show records vertically --limit=n Limit to first "n" records --fs=x Use "x" as the field separator (default is tab " ") --rs=x Use "x" as the record separator (default is newline " ") --as-html Create an HTML table instead of plain text DESCRIPTION
This script is essentially a quick way to parse a delimited text file and view it as a nice ASCII table. By selecting only certain fields, employing a where clause to only select records where a field matches some value, and using the limit to only see some of the output, you almost have a mini-database front-end for a simple text file. EXAMPLES
Given a data file like this: name,rank,serial_no,is_living,age George,General,190293,0,64 Dwight,General,908348,0,75 Attila,Hun,,0,56 Tojo,Emporor,,0,87 Tommy,General,998110,1,54 To find the fields you can reference, use the list option: $ tablify --fs ',' -l people.dat +-----------+-----------+ | Field No. | Field | +-----------+-----------+ | 1 | name | | 2 | rank | | 3 | serial_no | | 4 | is_living | | 5 | age | +-----------+-----------+ To extract just the name and serial numbers, use the fields option: $ tablify --fs ',' -f name,serial_no people.dat +--------+-----------+ | name | serial_no | +--------+-----------+ | George | 190293 | | Dwight | 908348 | | Attila | | | Tojo | | | Tommy | 998110 | +--------+-----------+ 5 records returned To extract the first through third fields and the fifth field (where field numbers start at "1" -- tip: use the list option to quickly determine field numbers), use this syntax for fields: $ tablify --fs ',' -f 1-3,5 people.dat +--------+---------+-----------+------+ | name | rank | serial_no | age | +--------+---------+-----------+------+ | George | General | 190293 | 64 | | Dwight | General | 908348 | 75 | | Attila | Hun | | 56 | | Tojo | Emporor | | 87 | | Tommy | General | 998110 | 54 | +--------+---------+-----------+------+ 5 records returned To select only the ones with six serial numbers, use a where clause: $ tablify --fs ',' -w 'serial_no=~/^d{6}$/' people.dat +--------+---------+-----------+-----------+------+ | name | rank | serial_no | is_living | age | +--------+---------+-----------+-----------+------+ | George | General | 190293 | 0 | 64 | | Dwight | General | 908348 | 0 | 75 | | Tommy | General | 998110 | 1 | 54 | +--------+---------+-----------+-----------+------+ 3 records returned To find Dwight's record, you would do this: $ tablify --fs ',' -w 'name eq "Dwight"' people.dat +--------+---------+-----------+-----------+------+ | name | rank | serial_no | is_living | age | +--------+---------+-----------+-----------+------+ | Dwight | General | 908348 | 0 | 75 | +--------+---------+-----------+-----------+------+ 1 record returned To find the name of all the people with a serial number who are living: $ tablify --fs ',' -f name -w 'is_living==1' -w 'serial_no>0' people.dat +-------+ | name | +-------+ | Tommy | +-------+ 1 record returned To filter outside of program and simply format the results, use "-" as the last argument to force reading of STDIN (and probably assume no headers): $ grep General people.dat | tablify --fs ',' -f 1-3 --no-headers - +---------+--------+--------+ | Field1 | Field2 | Field3 | +---------+--------+--------+ | General | 190293 | 0 | | General | 908348 | 0 | | General | 998110 | 1 | +---------+--------+--------+ 3 records returned When dealing with data lacking field names, you can specify "no-headers" and then refer to fields by number (starting at one), e.g.: $ tail -5 people.dat | tablify --fs ',' --no-headers -w '3 eq "General"' - +--------+---------+--------+--------+--------+ | Field1 | Field2 | Field3 | Field4 | Field5 | +--------+---------+--------+--------+--------+ | George | General | 190293 | 0 | 64 | | Dwight | General | 908348 | 0 | 75 | | Tommy | General | 998110 | 1 | 54 | +--------+---------+--------+--------+--------+ 3 records returned If your file has many fields which are hard to see across the screen, consider using the vertical display with "-v" or "--vertical", e.g.: $ tablify --fs ',' -v --limit 1 people.dat ************ Record 1 ************ name: George rank: General serial_no: 190293 is_living: 0 age : 64 1 record returned SEE ALSO
o Text::RecordParser o Text::TabularDisplay o DBD::CSV Although I don't DBD::CSV this module, the idea was much the inspiration for this. I just didn't want to have to install DBI and DBD::CSV to get this kind of functionality. I think my interface is simpler. AUTHOR
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-10 Ken Youens-Clark. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. perl v5.10.1 2010-07-26 TABLIFY(1p)