Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to monitor process that consumes 100% during more than 01 hour ? Post 302871833 by CarloM on Thursday 7th of November 2013 04:34:02 AM
Old 11-07-2013
What output do you get from:
Code:
ps -eo pid,time,etime,args

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lightwight Process monitor

We've been having some problems with a specific program in our nightly processing, so I whipped up a little script to run to monitor it, and send an e-mail when it's complete (failure or not). My primary problem is that I cannot modify the binary or the script that calls it, since the developers... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to process files created an hour ago

Hello all, I would like to ask for an advice on how to deal with the following scenario. Every now and then, our ERP system creates an interface text file with the following file format - XORD????.DLD where ???? is a sequence number. We can have 1 or more XORD files created in an hour. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: negixx
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Kill a particular process if it's over an hour hold

I meant old not hold :) I need to kill a process if it's over an hour old and then send an e-mail of the list that was killed.....? I need to kill ps -ef | grep stashd | grep ' older than an hour?' #! /bin/bash if test ps -ef | grep <stashd> (Is over an hour old)???? >>stashd_old.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to monitor the process

hi all I am running a script monitor using source command. the shell script monitor is used to execute a pl/sql procedure. when i do source monitor and then ps -ef | grep <procedure name> i do not get any info but when i do sh monitor and then ps -ef | grep <procedure name> i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

code to monitor a process

hi, I need to change the code such that it becomes configurable to send email or sms or both. At the moment the code works like sending both email and sms for any alert now want to change it to send email/sms as per my demand. 1. Like for a particular alert I only want email 2. If the alert... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor file generation for an hour using Korn shell script

Hi, I am new to this unix scripting, I got a requirement like.. Files with *.XML extension will be generating in a /home/sample/ folder for every 15 mins. I need to monitor those files in that particular folder for every hour. If no file has been generated in that particular folder for an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find which process consumes more memory

in our Oracle DB server, the free RAM is very low. we would like to know which process consumes more RAM what is the comand I can use ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a process continuously for an hour then stop?

Hi I have a shell script I would like to run it has to run twice a day every 5 seconds for an hour I can do this with cron but I was hoping there was an easier way. Is there a way to make a process sleep only at a certain time of day say between 1 and 2 pm? Or under certain conditions? Any help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
8 Replies
TRUSS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  TRUSS(1)

NAME
truss -- trace system calls SYNOPSIS
truss [-facedDS] [-o file] [-s strsize] -p pid truss [-facedDS] [-o file] [-s strsize] command [args] DESCRIPTION
The truss utility traces the system calls called by the specified process or program. Output is to the specified output file, or standard error by default. It does this by stopping and restarting the process being monitored via ptrace(2). The options are as follows: -f Trace descendants of the original traced process created by fork(2), vfork(2), etc. -a Show the argument strings that are passed in each execve(2) system call. -c Do not display individual system calls. Instead, before exiting, print a summary containing for each system call: the total system time used, the number of times the call was invoked, and the number of times the call returned with an error. -e Show the environment strings that are passed in each execve(2) system call. -d Include timestamps in the output showing the time elapsed since the trace was started. -D Include timestamps in the output showing the time elapsed since the last recorded event. -S Do not display information about signals received by the process. (Normally, truss displays signal as well as system call events.) -o file Print the output to the specified file instead of standard error. -s strsize Display strings using at most strsize characters. If the buffer is larger, ``...'' will be displayed at the end of the string. The default strsize is 32. -p pid Follow the process specified by pid instead of a new command. command [args] Execute command and trace the system calls of it. (The -p and command options are mutually exclusive.) EXAMPLES
# Follow the system calls used in echoing "hello" $ truss /bin/echo hello # Do the same, but put the output into a file $ truss -o /tmp/truss.out /bin/echo hello # Follow an already-running process $ truss -p 34 SEE ALSO
kdump(1), ktrace(1), ptrace(2) HISTORY
The truss command was written by Sean Eric Fagan for FreeBSD. It was modeled after similar commands available for System V Release 4 and SunOS. BSD
May 12, 2009 BSD