Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find All duplicates based on multiple keys Post 302871633 by unme on Wednesday 6th of November 2013 01:05:39 PM
Old 11-06-2013
Thanks a lot working fine...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

marge tow files based on keys

how can i marge two files depend som key for example: the first file include many records of information for X person and the second file have one record of information for each X person shortly i want to mak first :match between the two files then insert data from the second to the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ehab
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing duplicates based on key

HI I am having a file like this 1234 12345678 1234567890123 4321 43215678 432156789028433435 I want to get ouput as 1234567890123 432156789028433435 based on key position 1-4 I am using ksh can anyone give me an idea Thanks pukars (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pukars4u
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Joining files based on multiple keys

I need a script (perl or awk..anything is fine) to join 3 files based on three key columns. The no of non-key columns can vary in each file. The columns are delimited by semicolon. For example, File1 Dim1;Dim2;Dim3;Fact1;Fact2;Fact3;Fact4;Fact5 ---- data delimited by semicolon --- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sebben
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

select values based on keys

HI The input 1st column has specific keys like 1 with value a,b and c. 2 with b,b,d and 3 with a,a a. when ever c appears as one of the values the result will be key ........ c (You can see in the out put as 1 w...... 6.... c) and same follows for d. Thanx:) I'm learning awk scripting. If... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum a column value based on multiple keys

Hi, I have below as i/p file: 5ABC 36488989 K 000010000ASB BYTRES 5PQR 45757754 K 000200005KPC HGTRET 5ABC 36488989 K 000045000ASB HGTRET 5GTH 36488989 K 000200200ASB BYTRES 5FTU ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirnkv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting problem: Multiple delimiters, multiple keys

Hello If you wanted to sort a .csv file that was filled with lines like this: <Ticker>,<Date as YYYYMMDD>,<Time as H:M:S>,<Volume>,<Corr> (H : , M, S: ) by date, does anybody know of a better solution than to turn the 3rd and 4th colons of every line into commas, sorting on four keys,... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ryan.
20 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing duplicates based on key

Hi, I have the input file with the below data: 12345|12|34 12345|13|23 3456|12|90 15670|12|13 12345|10|14 3456|12|13 I need to remove the duplicates based on the first field only. I need the output like: 12345|12|34 3456|12|90 15670|12|13 The first field needs to be unique . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates based on a field's value

Hi All, I have a text file with three columns. I would like a simple script that removes lines in which column 1 has duplicate entries, but use the largest value in column 3 to decide which one to keep. For example: Input file: 12345a rerere.rerere len=23 11111c fsdfdf.dfsdfdsf len=33 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anniecarv
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping in Perl based on defined keys in Map

Hello All, I am writing the below script where it will connect to database and returns the results. #!/sw/gcm/perl510/bin/perl use SybaseC; &openConnection; &loadvalues; sub openConnection { $dbproc = new SybaseC(SYDB}, $ENV{DBDFLTUSR}, $ENV{DBDFLTPWD}); if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple rows based on selected column keys

Hello I want to collapse a file with multiple rows into consolidated lines of entries based on selected columns as the 'key'. Example: 1 2 3 Abc def ghi 1 2 3 jkl mno p qrts 6 9 0 mno def Abc 7 8 4 Abc mno mno abc 7 8 9 mno mno abc 7 8 9 mno j k So if columns 1, 2 and 3 are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxlearner123
6 Replies
FS_CLEANACL(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_CLEANACL(1)

NAME
fs_cleanacl - Remove obsolete entries from an ACL SYNOPSIS
fs cleanacl [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs cl [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs cleanacl command removes from the access control list (ACL) of each specified directory or file any entry that refers to a user or group that no longer has a Protection Database entry. Such an entry appears on the ACL as an AFS user ID number (UID) rather than a name, because without a Protection Database entry, the File Server cannot translate the UID into a name. Cleaning access control lists in this way not only keeps them from becoming crowded with irrelevant information, but also prevents the new possessor of a recycled AFS UID from obtaining access intended for the former possessor of the AFS UID. (Note that recycling UIDs is not recommended in any case.) OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names each directory for which to clean the ACL (specifying a filename cleans its directory's ACL). If this argument is omitted, the current working directory's ACL is cleaned. Specify the read/write path to each directory, to avoid the failure that results from attempting to change a read-only volume. By convention, the read/write path is indicated by placing a period before the cell name at the pathname's second level (for example, /afs/.abc.com). For further discussion of the concept of read/write and read-only paths through the filespace, see the fs mkmount reference page. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If there are no obsolete entries on the ACL, the following message appears: Access list for <path> is fine. Otherwise, the output reports the resulting state of the ACL, following the header Access list for <path> is now At the same time, the following error message appears for each file in the cleaned directories: fs: '<filename>': Not a directory EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates the cleaning of the ACLs on the current working directory and two of its subdirectories. Only the second subdirectory had obsolete entries on it. % fs cleanacl -path . ./reports ./sources Access list for . is fine. Access list for ./reports is fine. Access list for ./sources is now Normal rights: system:authuser rl pat rlidwka PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "a" (administer) permission on each directory's ACL (or the ACL of each file's parent directory); the directory's owner and the members of the system:administrators group have the right implicitly, even if it does not appear on the ACL. SEE ALSO
fs_listacl(1), fs_mkmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_CLEANACL(1)