Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing "'" from a file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Removing "'" from a file Post 302871493 by Pramod_009 on Wednesday 6th of November 2013 09:57:11 AM
Old 11-06-2013
Removing "'" from a file

Hi I have a file in which the last characters are ' and space, i.e

Code
====
Code:
abcn'
jkdjf 
dkfjd'

Here in the above code, 1st line is having the comma as the last character and in the 2nd line space is the last character, I want to delete these character if it is there.
Please guide me in achieving the result.

Expected Result:
============
Code:
abcn
jkdjf
dkfjd

Thanks in advance. Smilie

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-06-2013 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing the "\" and "\n" character using sed or tr

Hi All, I'm trying to write a ksh script to parse a file. When the "\" character is encountered, it should be removed and the next line should be concatenated with the current line. For example... this is a test line #1\ should be concatenated with line #2\ and line number 3 when this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_coder
3 Replies

2. Solaris

removing "/" file system from solaris volume

Hi all, I have created a volume for the root device as d0 and the sub mirror for same is d10. the output from metastat d0 is as below I want to clear these volume , as i cant unmount the "/ " file system , please suggest as how can i clear this. Also the required entries are there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing special characeter "~V" in a unix file

I have the Unix XML file as below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ReportData version="1.0"><DisplayName>Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap - Hybrids</DisplayName><ReportType>MgmtTradingReport</ReportType><Description>Management Trading... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "Hidden Characters" on a file

Hi - I'm having a problem with hidden characters on Linux. When I produced an output from Oracle database, there is a an extra "Hidden Character" included on the output. How can I remove that character? See below: The extra dollar sign is creating a new line on my .csv output file. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jin_
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing comma "," in a field value in csv file

Hi, I have csv file with records as below. Now i have remove any comma in the filed value because that creates problem when i feed this file to an application. for example below are two sample records, the second record have a comma in "Salesforce.com, Inc." field, now i have to remove this... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaga
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates on a single "column" (delimited file)

Hello ! I'm quite new to linux but haven't found a script to do this task, unfortunately my knowledge is quite limited on shellscripts... Could you guys help me removing the duplicate lines of a file, based only on a single "column"? For example: M202034357;01/2008;J30RJ021;Ciclo 01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rufinofr
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
wstring(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       wstring(3C)

NAME
wstring, wscasecmp, wsncasecmp, wsdup, wscol - Process Code string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <widec.h> int wscasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2); int wsncasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2, int n); wchar_t *wsdup(const wchar_t *s); int wscol(const wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on Process Code strings terminated by wchar_t null characters. During appending or copying, these routines do not check for an overflow condition of the receiving string. In the following, s, s1, and s2 point to Process Code strings terminated by a wchar_t null. wscasecmp(), wsncasecmp() The wscasecmp() function compares its arguments, ignoring case, and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, depending upon whether s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. It makes the same comparison but compares at most n Process Code characters. The four Extended Unix Code (EUC) codesets are ordered from lowest to highest as 0, 2, 3, 1 when characters from different codesets are compared. wsdup() The wsdup() function returns a pointer to a new Process Code string, which is a duplicate of the string pointed to by s. The space for the new string is obtained using malloc(3C). If the new string cannot be created, a null pointer is returned. wscol() The wscol() function returns the screen display width (in columns) of the Process Code string s. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
malloc(3C), string(3C), wcstring(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Dec 1996 wstring(3C)