Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Lpr send to print a4 format and print letter format Post 302870933 by dcastellini on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 08:24:16 AM
Old 11-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
If the printer supports postscript, you might try using pdf2ps first, then sending the postscript file to the printer.
Hi jgt, how are you?, but i wanna print the PDF, because it has a Barcode.

I modified the ppd, to A4 format, but the printed paper has a letter format.

I don't know why, i dont have any ideas SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print current month - 1 in string format

I need to get the current month -1 in string format, like Feb-2006. I am using k shell. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogli4
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print log file in column format using awk

Hi Friends, I have a log file as below siteid = HYD spc = 100 rset = RS_D_M siteid = DEL spc = 200 rset = RS_K_L siteid = DEL2 spc = 210 rset = RS_D_M Now I need a output like column wise as below. siteid SPC rset HYD 100 RS_D_M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format

Hi Guys, my $cmd = "ls -l"; #........ {or let it be as # my $cmd= "ls"; } my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output getting displayed in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to print lines contains particular string format in a file

Hi, I want to print the lines in a file that matches particular string format using shell scripting. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print and retain original format

I have a file with very specific column spacing formatting, I wish to do the following: awk '{print $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $19-$7, $20-$8, $21-$9, $10, $11, $12}' merge.pdb > vector.pdb but the format gets ruined. I have tried with print -f but to no avail.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special format for numeric print out

Hi, I know this must be very simple and stupid question but I could not find a proper answer anywhere else, My script generates numeric values in the following format 3.01234567891E+03 I use %.11E in printf formatting, but I need to list my numbers as 0.30123456789E+04 basicly I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from text file;format and print output

Hi Following is the assumed input... Symmetrix ID : 12345 Originator Port wwn : 123456789 User-generated Name : 123456789/123456789 Sym Dev Dir:P LUN ------ ----- ----------------------- ---- --- ---- ---- ---- ------- 1234 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy.san
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print the line from the file in the desired format:?

I am reading a file of Linux ( like mentioned below) & the data is represented in a single line like mentioned below: 11/03 4:00 39992 0.098 5.195 0.034 0.001 1.091 182 0.000 0 0.071 4.252 0.033 0.001 666.53 Now i want to print the result in other file something like this :- 39992... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamica
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not sure how to describe it but how to format this list so that it print the 1st field once only

Hi, Not sure how to describe the problem. But basically, I have this file listing here app01_app.test.com.ph|PROGRAM=SQL Developer|HOST=AKL0TS100|USER=Admtest01|HOST=10.111.12.23| app02_app.test.com.ph|PROGRAM=D:\interface\apps\bin32\batch.exe|HOST=AKL0TS100|USER=Admtest09|HOST=10.111.12.35|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert rows to column and print output in required format

Hi All, i am trying to print the solaris 11 packages in below required format, But i am unable to do that. Current ouput : root@abc# pkginfo -l | egrep '(BASEDIR|NAME|VERSION)' | awk '{print}' NAME: QLogic 570x/571x Gigabit Ethernet Driver VERSION: 11.11,REV=2009.11.11 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
7 Replies
LPR(1)							      General Commands Manual							    LPR(1)

NAME
lpr - off line print SYNOPSIS
lpr [ -Pprinter ] [ -#num ] [ -C class ] [ -J job ] [ -T title ] [ -i [ numcols ]] [ -1234 font ] [ -wnum ] [ -pltndgvcfrmhs ] [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
Lpr uses a spooling daemon to print the named files when facilities become available. If no names appear, the standard input is assumed. The -P option may be used to force output to a specific printer. Normally, the default printer is used (site dependent), or the value of the environment variable PRINTER is used. The following single letter options are used to notify the line printer spooler that the files are not standard text files. The spooling daemon will use the appropriate filters to print the data accordingly. -p Use pr(1) to format the files (equivalent to print). -l Use a filter which allows control characters to be printed and suppresses page breaks. -t The files are assumed to contain data from troff(1) (cat phototypesetter commands). -n The files are assumed to contain data from ditroff (device independent troff). -d The files are assumed to contain data from tex(l) (DVI format from Stanford). -g The files are assumed to contain standard plot data as produced by the plot(3X) routines (see also plot(1G) for the filters used by the printer spooler). -v The files are assumed to contain a raster image for devices like the Benson Varian. -c The files are assumed to contain data produced by cifplot(l). -f Use a filter which interprets the first character of each line as a standard FORTRAN carriage control character. The remaining single letter options have the following meaning. -r Remove the file upon completion of spooling or upon completion of printing (with the -s option). -m Send mail upon completion. -h Suppress the printing of the burst page. -s Use symbolic links. Usually files are copied to the spool directory. The -C option takes the following argument as a job classification for use on the burst page. For example, lpr -C EECS foo.c causes the system name (the name returned by hostname(1)) to be replaced on the burst page by EECS, and the file foo.c to be printed. The -J option takes the following argument as the job name to print on the burst page. Normally, the first file's name is used. The -T option uses the next argument as the title used by pr(1) instead of the file name. To get multiple copies of output, use the -#num option, where num is the number of copies desired of each file named. For example, lpr -#3 foo.c bar.c more.c would result in 3 copies of the file foo.c, followed by 3 copies of the file bar.c, etc. On the other hand, cat foo.c bar.c more.c | lpr -#3 will give three copies of the concatenation of the files. The -i option causes the output to be indented. If the next argument is numeric, it is used as the number of blanks to be printed before each line; otherwise, 8 characters are printed. The -w option takes the immediately following number to be the page width for pr. The -s option will use symlink(2) to link data files rather than trying to copy them so large files can be printed. This means the files should not be modified or removed until they have been printed. The option -1234 Specifies a font to be mounted on font position i. The daemon will construct a .railmag file referencing /usr/share/vfont/name.size. FILES
/etc/passwd personal identification /etc/printcap printer capabilities data base /usr/sbin/lpd line printer daemon /usr/spool/* directories used for spooling /usr/spool/*/cf* daemon control files /usr/spool/*/df* data files specified in "cf" files /usr/spool/*/tf* temporary copies of "cf" files SEE ALSO
lpq(1), lprm(1), pr(1), symlink(2), printcap(5), lpc(8), lpd(8) DIAGNOSTICS
If you try to spool too large a file, it will be truncated. Lpr will object to printing binary files. If a user other than root prints a file and spooling is disabled, lpr will print a message saying so and will not put jobs in the queue. If a connection to lpd on the local machine cannot be made, lpr will say that the daemon cannot be started. Diagnostics may be printed in the daemon's log file regarding missing spool files by lpd. BUGS
Fonts for troff and tex reside on the host with the printer. It is currently not possible to use local font libraries. 4th Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1996 LPR(1)