Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script needs input always
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script needs input always Post 302870509 by Junaid Subhani on Sunday 3rd of November 2013 11:25:00 PM
Old 11-04-2013
worked like a charm. Thankyou Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file as input for script

how do I use a file (comma seperated) as an input for a script in bin/sh? e.g. I have a script that : Input1=$1 Input2=$2 Input3=$3 Input4=$4 echo "$Input1, $Input2, $Input3,$Input4" (or some other function) If I have a .csv file which lists many rows of input: joe,5,john,10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: finster
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving input to a script through a script

/home/adw/a.ksh << EOF a b EOF This is how we give input to a file through script Our client has done the coding in a different way :- /home/adw/a.ksh << ** a b Can nybody pls tell me the significance of ** (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika03
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script with input

Hi all, Here is my shell script #!/bin/sh echo "What is your name" read name echo "What is your surname" read surname echo "Your name is:${name} and your surname is:${surname}" How can I modify this script so that I input those two variables from console?Lets say my name is "first"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to take input from file, match on it in file 2 and input data

All, I am trying to figure out a script to run in windows that will allow me to match on First column in file1 to 8th Column in File2 then Insert file1 column2 to file2 column4 then create a new file. File1: 12345 Sam 12346 Bob 12347 Bill File2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkoth
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script that will take input via a vi session

Hi there. I am trying to write a script that will be used to record actions. eg # ./worklog -a "Peformed a memory upgrade on this box after we experiened a DIMM failure" at which point the script will log to file called /var/worklog prepending the comment with the users name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manual input using script

hello, I have one script A that requires to to press "q" manually to quit the script. I am calling script A in another script B. Is there any way by which this "giving q manually" can be done inside script. and it does not require to gve it manually when using script B. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: skhichi
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving Input in a script

Hi, I am a newbie to scripting. I want to know something..Is there any way that I can do this? Here is the thing.. there are so many printer queues in which i need to change a certain option.. am using the hppi utility and i need to modify the printer configuration individually going to each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files with an input for directories and an input for path/file

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how best to approach this script, and I have very little experience, so I could use all the help I can get. :wall: I regularly need to delete files from many directories. A file with the same name may exist any number of times in different subdirectories.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *ShadowCat*
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input redirection script

Hi, #!/bin/bash while ; do rm -f /tmp/pipe mkfifo /tmp/pipe ./yuv4mpeg_to_v4l2 < /tmp/pipe & mplayer tom_and_jerry.mp4 -vf scale=480:360 -vo yuv4mpeg:file=/tmp/pipe sleep 65; done When I run this - after mplayer finishes playing video it says - Exiting... (End of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing input to script using another script

I need a script to pass the input to another script. eg: I need a script to provide input to the sample script becuase my input value are constant. $./sample.sh PLease provide the comment:<input> date:<date> select the option:<1/2> (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkiran2020
2 Replies
TCOPY(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  TCOPY(1)

NAME
tcopy -- copy and/or verify mag tapes SYNOPSIS
tcopy [-cvx] [-s maxblk] [src [dest]] DESCRIPTION
The tcopy utility is designed to copy magnetic tapes. The only assumption made about the tape layout is that there are two sequential EOF marks at the end. By default, the tcopy utility will print information about the sizes of records and files found on the /dev/sa0 tape, or on the tape specified by the src argument. If a destination tape is also specified by the dest argument, a copy of the source tape will be made. The blocking on the destination tape will be identical to that used on the source tape. Copying a tape will yield the same program output as if just printing the sizes. The following options are available: -c Copy src to dest and then verify that the two tapes are identical. -s maxblk Specify a maximum block size, maxblk. -v Given the two tapes src and dest, verify that they are identical. -x Output all informational messages to the standard error instead of the standard output. This option is useful when dest is given as /dev/stdout. SEE ALSO
mt(1), mtio(4) HISTORY
The tcopy command appeared in 4.3BSD. BUGS
Writing an image of a tape to a file does not preserve much more than the raw data. Block size(s) and tape EOF marks are lost which would otherwise be preserved in a tape-to-tape copy. End of data (EOD) is determined by two sequential EOF marks with no data between them. There used to be old systems which typically wrote three EOF's between tape files. The tcopy utility will erroneously stop copying early in this case. When using the copy/verify option -c, tcopy does not rewind the tapes prior to start. A rewind is performed after writing, prior to the ver- ification stage. If one does not start at the beginning-of-tape (BOT) then the comparison may not be of the intended data. BSD
December 20, 2006 BSD