Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to scrape page for and save data Post 302870171 by joeyg on Friday 1st of November 2013 10:09:42 AM
Old 11-01-2013
Not consistent with the mission of this help forum

What you are asking is for assistance in 'hacking' a website to extract all possible data from it. This is not in line with the goals of this website - to help people understand unix and develop good programming skills.

If you want a dataset, ask the company for the data.

We cannot be a source for providing programming to extract data in this manner.

If you wish to discuss this decision, kindly post to the section:
Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to save as image from a web page

I used flot to create a graph and I would like to be able to save/export the graph as an image. In firefox on windows you can just ctl rt-click and you have a save as image feature (which I can automate with js) but...I need this to work on a linux browser. On linux in firefox I can print preview... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincaStar
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass data from server (CGI script) to client (html page)

Hi I know how to pass data from client side (html file) to server using CGI script (POST method). I also know how to re-create the html page from server side after receiving the data (using printf). However I want to write static pages on client side (only the structure), and only to pass... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamabm
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save page source, including javascript

I need to get the source code of a webpage. I have tried to use wget and curl, but it doesn't show the necessary javascript part of the source. I don't have to execute it, only to view the source. How do I do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Permissions and save to data

Hi all; I have the following code which gives me kind of what I need: #!/usr/bin/perl use Fcntl ':mode'; # if ($ARGV ne "") { $filename = $ARGV; } else { print "Please specify a file!\n"; exit; } # if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for adding page number before page breaks

Hi, If there is an expert that can help: I have many txt files that are produced from pdftotext that include page breaks the page breaks seem to be unix style hex 0C. I want to add page numbers before each page break as in : Page XXXX Regards antman (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: antman
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open Page and save it using mozilla

HI Guys, I have one command which can open page and i want to save and exit from it. pf@home> mozilla 181.131.193.10/g/report.txt It will open one page now how can i save it. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scrape 10 million pages and save the raw html data in mysql database

I have a list of 10 million page urls. I want those pages scraped and saved in the mysql database as raw html. I own a Linux VPS server with 1GB RAM and WHM/cPanel. I would like to scrape at least 100,000 urls in 24 hours. So can anyone give me some sample shell scripting code? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viruthagiri
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get a data and save

If I have a A.log 1 Air Flow Monitor : 34.070 Degrees C 2 Air Flow Monitor : 41.730 Degrees C 3 Air Flow Monitor : 35.340 Degrees C 4 Air Flow Monitor : 33.370 Degrees C 5 Air Flow Monitor : 36.770 Degrees C 6 Air Flow Monitor : 45.910 Degrees C 7 Air Flow Monitor ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabercats
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text

I want to run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text (delimited text would be comma) Code: SPOOL_FILE=/pgedw/dan.txt SQL=/pgedw/dan.sql sqlplus -s username/password@myhost:port/servicename <<EOF set head on set COLSEP , set linesize 32767 SET TRIMSPOOL ON SET... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaganjag
8 Replies
GPT(1)							      General Commands Manual							    GPT(1)

NAME
gpt - compiler, interpreter and translator for the G-Portugol programming language SYNOPSIS
gpt [ -vhid ] [ -ots output_file ] file1 file2 ... DESCRIPTION
gpt is a simple compiler for the G-Porutol Language. It is possible to have a list of files to be included in the compilation setting the GPT_INCLUDE environment variable, wich should have a list of file paths separated with ":". OPTIONS
-v Shows version information and exits. -h Shows a summary of options and exits. -i Execute interpreting the source code. -d Shows tips in the error report. -o output_file Compile the source code and save the resulting binary with the name output_file. -t output_file Translates the source code to the C programming language and saves the resulting file as output_file. -s output_file Compiles the source code to assembly source. Saves the resulting code as output_file. SEE ALSO
nasm(1) ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For further information, visit the website: http://gpt.berlios.de AUTHOR
Thiago Silva <tsilva@sourcecraft.info> GPT(1)