Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users List all files in subdirectories which are modifiled recently. Post 302870111 by balareddy on Friday 1st of November 2013 08:19:54 AM
Old 11-01-2013
List all files in subdirectories which are modifiled recently.

Hello,

I wanted to
list all files in subdirectories which are modifiled recently. need to display all files with full details like hpw it display with ls -l ( date, size,..)

Thanks
Bala

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list largest files in a directory & its subdirectories

I need to find the largest files in a directory & it's subdirectories. I'm not sure what options on ls -l will work to give me this. or is there another way to do this? Thanks, igidttam (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recently updated files

How do I find files those have been updated in the last 24 hours, sort them by size descending and then display the top of the long list? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list the files but exclude the files in subdirectories

If I execute the command "ls -l /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/* | awk -F' ' '{print $9}' | cut -d'/' -f6-8" it will list all the files in /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/ directory as well as the files in subdirectories also proj/code/test.sh proj/code/test1.c proj/code/unix... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyjuezy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter only gz files from list of subdirectories

Hi, I have a very big directory structure that consists of many sub-directories inside.There are around 50 ".gz" files under this dir structure. I want to copy all the gz files alone to a seperate location. Plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete the older files other than the recently added 5 files

Number of files will get created in a folder automatically daily.. so i hav to delete the older files other than the recently added 5 files.. Could u help me through this..?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files from subdirectories given a list of filenames

Dear all, I have a dir structure like main_dir At_nn Ag_js Nf_hc .... mcd32 mgd43... mcd32 mgd43... mcd32 mgd43... and each subdir (e.g. mcd32, mgd43) contains files. Now, i... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogeshkumkar
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all Subdirectories and files with its full path in a parent directory?

How to list all Subdirectories and files with its full path in a parent directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old then remove

I need to write a script to : list files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old, save it in a file and then remove (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lena keung
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list the names of the files from all the subdirectories?

Hi, I'm currently trying to print the names of all the .txt files in the subdirectories that contain the string I'm searching. I tried with this code, but it seems that it searches for the names that matches the string instead of searching for the string in the individual files and printing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuclearpenguin
2 Replies
ff_hfs(1M)																ff_hfs(1M)

NAME
ff_hfs: ff - list file names and statistics for HFS file system SYNOPSIS
num] num] inode-list] num] file] prefix] special ... DESCRIPTION
The command reads the i-list and directories of each special file special, assuming it to be an HFS file system, saving i-node data for files that match the selection criteria. Output consists of the path name for each saved i-node, plus any other file information requested using the print options below. Output fields are positional. The output is produced in i-node order; fields are separated by tabs. The default line produced by contains the path name and i-number fields. With all options specified, the output fields include path name, i- number, size, and user ID. The num parameter in the options descriptions is a decimal number, where means more than num, means less than num, and num means exactly num. A day is defined as a 24-hour period. lists only a single path name out of many possible ones for an i-node with more than one link, unless you specify the option. With applies no selection criteria to the names listed. All possible names for every linked file on the file system are included in the output. On very large file systems, memory may run out before completes execution. Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments: Select a file if the i-node has been accessed in num days. Select a file if the i-node has been changed in num days. Specify the HFS file system type. Generate names for any i-node specified in the inode-list. Do not display the i-node number after each path name. Generate a list of all path names for files with more than one link. Select a file associated with an i-node if it has been modified in num days. Select a file associated with an i-node if it has been modified more recently than the specified file. Add the specified prefix to each path name. The default prefix is (dot). Write the file size, in bytes, after each path name. Write the owner's login name after each path name. Echo the completed command line, but performs no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. EXAMPLES
List the path names and i-numbers of all files in the file system Same as above, but suppress the printing of i-numbers: List files on the same file system that have been modified recently, displaying the path name, i-number, and owner's user name (the option). List only files that have been modified within the last two days (the option): List all files on the same file system, including the path name and i-number of each file, that was last accessed more than 30 days ago Find all path names associated with i-nodes and (the option): Execute the command on an HFS file system FILES
Static information about the file systems. SEE ALSO
find(1), ff(1M), ff_vxfs(1M), ncheck(1M), fstab(4). ff_hfs(1M)