Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to simplify this code?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to simplify this code? Post 302870039 by zulabc on Thursday 31st of October 2013 11:27:57 PM
Old 11-01-2013
How to simplify this code?

hi guys need your help...how to simplify this script...

Code:
 for i in `cat dmp.txt`
  do

model=$i
    more $model  | grep : | cut -d ":" -f 2- | grep : | grep -v "=" > temp1
    more $model | grep / | cut -d ":" -f 2- > temp2
    more $model | grep = | cut -d ":" -f 2- > temp3
    more $model | grep ";" | cut -d ":" -f 2- | cut -d ";" -f 1- > temp4
    model_1=`echo $model | cut -d "." -f 1`

Last edited by Don Cragun; 11-01-2013 at 02:46 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a script to simplify the use of grep

I'm trying to write a script that simplify the use of grep utility. these are the option that I'd like to use with the script " -c -i -l -n -v". When I execute the script none of these option works. I really appreciate any idea or tips regarding this problem. here the code echo " Enter 1-7:"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kemobyte
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I simplify the script

Hi all, How can I simplify following script, Logic is to find two strings (strings are case sensitive) from a file. if ; then if ; then Group=`echo $1_hostname` fi fi Please help me on this. Regards Sudhish s. kumar (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhish
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to simplify with awk

Hi, Need your help guys. I'm trying to tweak my current shell-script to make it run faster. I think a part of the code that takes too long is the splitting of the 1st field of my CSV raw-file to date-time. Below is the 1st column of my CSV file: $ awk -F"," {'print $1'} temp-*|head... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I simplify this script?

Hi all, I have a script which runs every morning which clears down a series of directories. The structures of which are; /opt/feeds/failed/feed1 /opt/feeds/succeed/feed1 /opt/feeds/failed/feed2 /opt/feeds/succeed/feed2 /opt/feeds/failed/feed3 /opt/feeds/succeed/feed3 etc etc Files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simplify/combine if statements would be nice

below is something i inherited: if && && ; then HOST_SELECT="-m quadcore" fi if && && ; then HOST_SELECT="-m quadcore" fi if && && ; then HOST_SELECT="-m octocore1" fibelow is what i changed it to: if && && ; then HOST_SELECT="-m quadcore"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simplify regular expressions

Hi can anyone help me with how to simplify this regular expression ---------- Post updated at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:11 PM ---------- IS THIS RIGHT ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew211
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to simplify code list files in directory

I have the following code that print certain files in my directory and groups things together. I would be good to tidy and simplify this code up and would greatly appreciate suggestions. if ($opt_raytrac == 1) then echo "" echo -n "\033*\)/ & /g' | sort -k 4n | sed 's/ //g' \ # |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

8. Programming

Simplify setter and getter of java class

I am trying to verify my understanding on setter and getter on java class with this example: //MaximumFinder2.java import java.util.Scanner; public class MaximumFinder2 { public static void main (String args) { Scanner input = new Scanner(System.in); ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)