Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Call Anonymous block from DB2 Post 302869737 by hergp on Thursday 31st of October 2013 04:15:23 AM
Old 10-31-2013
You have to use a different statement terminator for the CLP or the semicolon within the block will be consumed by the CLP. You could use the slash instead for example:

Code:
SET SERVEROUTPUT ON /
BEGIN
call dbms_output.put_line('Hello');
END /

and then run
Code:
$ db2 -td/ -vf  query.sql
SET SERVEROUTPUT ON
DB20000I  The SET SERVEROUTPUT command completed successfully.

BEGIN
call dbms_output.put_line('Hello');
END
DB20000I  The SQL command completed successfully.

Hello

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to block an anonymous ftp user?

Could anyone provide information on how to block a specific client machine from being able to log onto anonymous ftp? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisheazle
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exception while loading DB2 driver Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver")

Hi... I m working on UNIX z/OS. Actually i have to pass the parameters from the JCL to java-db2 program thru PARM. I am able to pass the arguments but the problem occured is, it is throwing an exception while loading the db2 driver as 'Javaclassnotfound:com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujatha Gowda
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get value from Oracle Anonymous PLSQL block

Hi All, i need you help while accessing the value from anonymous PL/SQL block. Initially our requirement was to get the value from SQL statement. I was doing like... But now i need to use dbms_application_info.set_module in it. So i have planned to use anonymous block instead of SQL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

4. Linux

How to call a DB2 SP from Solaris machine.

Hi, Can some one give me the syntax, how to call a DB2 SP from a Solaris machine. Thanks and Regards, Preetham R. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call shell script from db2 triggger

Is there a way to call a shell script via db2 trigger? I want to wake up a shell script to perform some action if there is a insert action on a db2 table. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasperl
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from pl/sql block

Hi Experts, I want to call script_name.ksh as many time as id in customer table and also pass it as a parameter to script. someting Like below. for i in select id from customer do ./script_name.ksh $i & done I have figured out how to have ID from customer but now how to call... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Opamps123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking SP through Anonymous Block

Hi, I'm writing a Shell script to run a stored procedure through SQL*Plus using the below script and it works well. Test.sh $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus connect user/pwd@dbname @Test.sql Test.sql call sp_test_procedure() Now, similarly I want to run the below PL/SQL anonymous block... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Anonymous Block through shell script

Hi, My requirement is to load a LONG datatype data value from one table to another as direct access does not work (DB: ORACLE). eg. SELECT *FROM ALL_VIEWS WHERE TEXT LIKE '%<SEARCH_STRING>%'; As an alternate we are creating a table and trying to insert in it from ALL_VIEWS as direct insert... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the result of an anonymous pl/sql block to a shell script

Hello, Here is the code i have written to get the count of a plsql query back to the unix. function checkforCOIDs { countcheck=`sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 whenever oserror exit sql.oscode rollback whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode rollback set serverout on size 2000; set head off feedback off... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2eee
2 Replies
SET 
CONSTRAINTS(7) SQL Commands SET CONSTRAINTS(7) NAME
SET CONSTRAINTS - set constraint checking modes for the current transaction SYNOPSIS
SET CONSTRAINTS { ALL | name [, ...] } { DEFERRED | IMMEDIATE } DESCRIPTION
SET CONSTRAINTS sets the behavior of constraint checking within the current transaction. IMMEDIATE constraints are checked at the end of each statement. DEFERRED constraints are not checked until transaction commit. Each constraint has its own IMMEDIATE or DEFERRED mode. Upon creation, a constraint is given one of three characteristics: DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED, DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE, or NOT DEFERRABLE. The third class is always IMMEDIATE and is not affected by the SET CONSTRAINTS command. The first two classes start every transaction in the indicated mode, but their behavior can be changed within a transaction by SET CONSTRAINTS. SET CONSTRAINTS with a list of constraint names changes the mode of just those constraints (which must all be deferrable). The current schema search path is used to find the first matching name if no schema name is specified. SET CONSTRAINTS ALL changes the mode of all deferrable constraints. When SET CONSTRAINTS changes the mode of a constraint from DEFERRED to IMMEDIATE, the new mode takes effect retroactively: any outstanding data modifications that would have been checked at the end of the transaction are instead checked during the execution of the SET CON- STRAINTS command. If any such constraint is violated, the SET CONSTRAINTS fails (and does not change the constraint mode). Thus, SET CON- STRAINTS can be used to force checking of constraints to occur at a specific point in a transaction. Currently, only foreign key constraints are affected by this setting. Check and unique constraints are always effectively not deferrable. Triggers that are declared as ``constraint triggers'' are also affected. NOTES
This command only alters the behavior of constraints within the current transaction. Thus, if you execute this command outside of a trans- action block (BEGIN/COMMIT pair), it will not appear to have any effect. COMPATIBILITY
This command complies with the behavior defined in the SQL standard, except for the limitation that, in PostgreSQL, it only applies to for- eign-key constraints. SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 SET CONSTRAINTS(7)