Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find the number in the file
Top Forums Programming Find the number in the file Post 302869699 by ust on Wednesday 30th of October 2013 11:18:07 PM
Old 10-31-2013
Hi pamu ,

Thanks reply , it seems display the month only Oct 2013 , could advise how to count the no ?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the highest number in the file

Hi, I have a file a.txt and it has values in it Eg :- I need to read through the file and find the number that is the greatest in them all. Can any one assit me on this. Thanks (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemali
30 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find number of lines in a file

Hi How do I find number of lines of a file? Below commands returned 0. But, the file is showing 20 lines when I open it in editplus tool. Each line contains 601 columns. Please advise I want to incorporate some word at the begining of each of those 20 lines -Somesh $ wc -l <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: somesh_p
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the number of column in the text file...?

Hi, i have text file with ~ seperated columns. it is very huge size of file, in the file sompulsary supposed to has 20 columns with ~ seperated. so how can i find if the file has 20 column in the all rows...? Sample file: APA+VU~10~~~~~03~101~101~~~APA.N O 20081017 120.00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to : Find duplicate number from file? with bash

Thanks AVKlinux (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find number of Cols in a file ?

Hi I have a requirement wherein the file is comma separated. Each records seems to have different number of columns, how I can detect like a row index wise, how many columns are present ? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find number of columns in a file

Hi all, may seem a very stupid question.but me stuck up in it for long.... How to find the number of columns in a ASCII file. EX:-Demo.lst songs 1 34 45 67 Number of columns should be 5. Regards, Anindya ;) (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul26
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl find page number in a file

Hi i want to ask how can i use perl and find a word in a text file, and also telling that which page doesn't it exist? Eample: have a 10 pages text file, then i need to find 'Hello' in the file, and show that which page is it contain in. Output: Hello contains 8 times in page 1, 3, 4, 7, 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingming88
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Find N number of days old file on solaris

Hi, bash-3.00$ ls -ltr total 8471258 -rw-r--r-- 1 mysql mysql 1227 Jul 7 22:33 information_schema.sql -rw-r--r-- 1 mysql mysql 479762 Jul 7 22:49 mysql.sql -rw-r--r-- 1 mysql mysql 1974789 Jul 7 22:50 youconnect.sql -rw-r--r-- 1 mysql mysql 1355... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find biggest number inside file

Hi, I wanna find the biggest number inside of a file this is kind of example of file: 9 11 55 then i just wanna print out the biggest number i had try sed filenale | sort -k1,1n | paste -s -d',' - but i had no success ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
7 Replies

10. AIX

How to find number of columns in xml file?

How to find the number of columns in xml file. i tried following command. Code: #!bin/ksh cat $1 | grep -c "</mdm:attribute>"exit 0but i am not getting accurate result which is not matching with the manual count. data format : Code: <mdm:attribute> value </mdm:attribute> No... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victory
1 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-jy] [[month] year] cal [-j] -m month [year] ncal [-jJpwy] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-Jeo] [year] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. -o Display date of orthodox easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as specified by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calendar for the month of August in the current year). A year starts on Jan 1. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian--Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. BSD
November 23, 2004 BSD