Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: List Files script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List Files script Post 302868953 by adrianvas12 on Tuesday 29th of October 2013 10:31:54 AM
Old 10-29-2013
It has to do with test vs production.
Our IT will not allow any testing in production environment - that is why we have a box, "university" box laying around that we can use to mess around with Linux - big, bulky gray machine, it may be a Sun server as you mentioned.
Once we get our testing completed we will submit to them and they will move it to production on their box - why C? Good question but I don't have an answer - not the Linux guy.
Regardless - don't worry about it. I think you should give the user the chance to explain something before closing a thread.

Thank you for the help with the previous post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading list of files into ftp script

How can I go about getting this done? I have tried and failed with a loop before I start the session and after seeing that I am already in the ftp code block and not bash when I am trying to perform this: #FTP Information ftp_server=xx.xxx.xxx.xx ftp_user=xxxx while read line; do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BkontheShell718
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help to make list of files and run script..

Hey, I have finally made a command that works and now has to run it on 200+ files to run it on. How do I do that? Just fyi and if it complicates anything my commandline is: awk '{if ($1 ~ /1/) print $2}' file (yup, is should print $2 if $1 is a certain value) It doesn't work when I: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a list of files on an ftp, via shell script...

G'day, I was wanting to write a shell script that checks an ftp server for the presence of new files, then get those files. In so much as the get, this is pretty straight forward, but I cannot work out how to get a list of files to check. Is it possible for a shell script to get the output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a script to find socials in files and output a list of those files

I am trying to find socail security numbers in files in (and under) a specific directory and output a list of the files where they are found... the format would be with no dashes just 9 numeric characters in a row. I have tried this: find /DirToLookIn -exec grep '\{9\}' /dev/null {} \; >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process list of files as array in the script

Hi., In my script I have written : file_list=`ls -lrt /tmp/vinay/act/files |grep "$cdate"| awk '{print $9}'` To store list of files in the directory. Now I want to access it as list. And for this I tried with : set -A filearray $file_list if }` == "" ]]; then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IND123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A perl script to list files

Hi guys, I'm learning grep and map functions in perl and ran into a problem. I have a little script below: #!/usr/bin/perl -w die "Usage: $0 dir\n" if @ARGV != 1; opendir (D, $ARGV) or die $!; @text_files = grep { !-d } readdir D; rewinddir D; @sizes = sort {$b <=> $a} map { -s... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: new bie
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to list non matching files using pattern

Hi, I am trying to write a script that list down all the files that do not match the pattern My pattern will be like this "*.jpg|*.xml|*.sql". This pattern will be stored in a file. The script need to read this pattern from the file and delete the files that does not match this pattern. It... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meenavin
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk/script to list the owners of files

I have to list the files in a directory and along with that, list the owner of each of those files. Can someone please help me with a way to get this info please? Gayathri (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List Files being deleted in a shell script

Good evening, i need your help please I've got a file script thet deletes about half millions of files, and i want those files to be printed in a log file as an evidence those files were removed. #/bin/sh rm "/home/e-smith/files/users/bill/Maildir/cur/1392373930.28512.comp01:2,S" rm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a list of files from alias by script

Actually I have many pictures with diferent name and size around 2000, I need generate a copy of them from one list of alias. The structure of the list is something like this: alias_list.txt <01>randomname.png<02> Randomname.png RandoMname.png RandOmname.png RandomnamE.png... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
6 Replies
glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT						  glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutButtonBoxFunc - sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutButtonBoxFunc(void (*func)(int button, int state)); ARGUMENTS
func The new button box callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutButtonBoxFunc sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. The dial & button box button callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box button presses. The button parameter will be the button number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box buttons can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_BUTTON_BOX_BUTTONS). The state is either GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN indicating whether the callback was due to a release or press respectively. Registering a dial & button box button callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box button callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutButtonBoxFunc disables the generation of dial & button box button callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box button callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutDialsFunc, glutDeviceGet, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)