Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Grub not loading from replaced disk Post 302868859 by busyboy on Tuesday 29th of October 2013 04:08:57 AM
Old 10-29-2013
hi

This is a

Code:
# cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=12.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=precise
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS"

and

Code:
# uname -a
Linux busyboy 3.5.0-23-generic #35~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 25 17:15:33 UTC 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

grub is the GRub2 version of grub that is coming along with Ubuntu's distribution.

Code:
# dpkg -l |grep grub
ii  grub-common                      1.99-21ubuntu3.10                   GRand Unified Bootloader (common files)
ii  grub-gfxpayload-lists            0.6                                 GRUB gfxpayload blacklist
ii  grub-pc                          1.99-21ubuntu3.10                   GRand Unified Bootloader, version 2 (PC/BIOS version)
ii  grub-pc-bin                      1.99-21ubuntu3.10                   GRand Unified Bootloader, version 2 (PC/BIOS binaries)
ii  grub2-common                     1.99-21ubuntu3.10                   GRand Unified Bootloader (common files for version 2)

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grub loading stage 1.5.

Hi people,I am trying to install Debian Lenny Betta-2 on a system that has the built in promise chip for "Raid 0" but when I finished the install and then I reboot ,I get "grub loading,pleas wate... Error 2. also the Debian Lenny Betta-2 is identifying both drives ,instead of a singular drive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegreatalsky
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Grub is not loading the correct kernel

All I am trying to get RHEL 5.4 to load to the XEN enabled kernel but I am not having much luck. My grub.conf looks like it has 2.6.18-194.11.3.el5xen as the 1st one but when I do a uname -a I get the NON xen enabled kernel. I know I am doing something stupid but if anybody has any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: razor3928
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Veritas not attaching replaced disk

Hi, I`m on SunFire480R with Solaris 10. Disk in rootdg group failed, so it was replaced. However, I cannot make Veritas initalise the replaced disk: # vxdctl enable # vxdisk list c1t0d0s2 Device: c1t0d0s2 devicetag: c1t0d0 type: auto flags: online error private autoconfig... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masloff
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Changed disk controller -> drops into GRUB?!

I changed disk controller. Unplugged every disk, inserted another controller card, an IBM M1015. The disks are recognized in BIOS, and the controller card's BIOS shows up. But after that, I drop into GRUB and a prompt. That is all. How shall I solve this problem? I am thinking of booting from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Linux LVM.. Grub not loading from replaced disk

Hi, a little while ago, one of the GPT Partitioned hard disk had gone faulty in a Mirror RAID and is now successfully replaced. here is how I did that. 1) created identical partition table on the new disk. 2) attached the mirrors using md commands. The whole procedure is given... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
5 Replies

6. AIX

Replaced pdisk not showing up in SAS Disk Array Configuration

OSLevel: 5300-10-02-0943 System Model: IBM,8203-E4A Power 6 == Hi! I replaced a failed pdisk in the raid enclosure as follows, - rmdev -l 'pdisk18' '-d' - Replaced it. - cfgmgr (detected) - I can see the new drive, with the correct serial # lscfg -v -l pdisk18 pdisk18... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estrar
2 Replies
GRUB(8) 								FSF								   GRUB(8)

NAME
grub - the grub shell SYNOPSIS
grub [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Enter the GRand Unified Bootloader command shell. --batch turn on batch mode for non-interactive use --boot-drive=DRIVE specify stage2 boot_drive [default=0x0] --config-file=FILE specify stage2 config_file [default=/boot/grub/menu.lst] --device-map=FILE use the device map file FILE --help display this message and exit --hold wait until a debugger will attach --install-partition=PAR specify stage2 install_partition [default=0x20000] --no-config-file do not use the config file --no-curses do not use curses --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --no-pager do not use internal pager --preset-menu use the preset menu --probe-second-floppy probe the second floppy drive --read-only do not write anything to devices --verbose print verbose messages --version print version information and exit REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
update-grub(8), grub-install(8). The full documentation for grub is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub programs are prop- erly installed at your site, the command info grub should give you access to the complete manual. grub (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB(8)