Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Executing a script in remote server Post 302868659 by Scott on Monday 28th of October 2013 12:32:34 PM
Old 10-28-2013
Use ssh from one server to the other, to execute the script; then use scp to retrieve the generated files.

Moved thread from Shell Programming & Scripting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a remote location script from local server

hi i am having two servers one is local and remote(FTP)server.from local server i have to connect to remote server and execute a shell script i want to run a shell script(remote location) from my local server i am having some knowledge on ftp but i am not getting the result .please give ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing awk in a remote server using ssh

Hello Everybody, I'm facing a weird problem with the awk command. I'm trying to execute a simple awk command as follows, echo 1 2 | awk '{print $2}' This command prints the output 2. When i try to execute the same command in a remote server using ssh as follows, ssh user@host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikv
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing ls command in remote server

Hi Guru, I have a requirement where i need to list the *.csv files in my remote server and copy a file from that server to my unix server I wrote dis code #!/bin/sh . /home/aaa/bb/GlobalHost.sh export HOST export USER export PWD ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing sed on a remote server

Hi I am trying to edit a text file on a remote server using sed from within a cygwin shell on a windows system. $ sed -i "s/aaa/bbb/g" \\remoteHost\c$\log.info sed: can't read \remoteHostc$log.info: No such file or directory What am I missing ? Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnn
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing commands in remote server using ssh

I have some commands which need to be executed in remote machine. I have Linux Server from where I need to connect to Solaris server using ssh and then declare some variable over there and run some commands. I don't want to call a script which is present in Solaris server from Linux server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing remote server sqlplus

Hello Guys I have to compare flat file record to oracle table record count count which are on different servers I am taking the flat file record count from the server now I am connecting to remote server first and then running sqlplus But after connecting to remote server the sqlplus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem executing perl script on remote server

Hello, I am running in to a problem running a perl script on a remote server. I can run a simple script test.pl which contains just a print statment without issue by running ssh root@1.2.3.4 perl test.pl However, I have a more complex script that does not execute as expected. I think I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinireland
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing local script/command on remote server

I have a command that I want to run on machine B from machine A. If I run the command on machine B locally, it works fine. Here is the command: for n in `find /data1/ -name 'ini*.ext'` ; do echo cp $n "`dirname $n `/` basename $n .ext`"; done From machine A, I issue this command ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirtyd0ggy
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing ksh script to remote server want output on same window

I'm having a brain freeze moment. I've created a ksh script in AIX that ssh's to a remote server, executes some commands, and then logs out. All of this is sent to a file. I then have the script cat the file so i can see the output. Even though the cat command is outside of the remote session part;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep staying on remote server after executing a shell script with if then exit end statement?

i have a "if .. then exit end " in s shell script on remote servers. now the connection to the remote server got killed after i run this script on the remote servers. How do i run this script on remote hosts and still keep remote connections alive after executing the script. Thank you. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonmonk
10 Replies
bup-server(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-server(1)

NAME
bup-server - the server side of the bup client-server relationship SYNOPSIS
bup server DESCRIPTION
bup server is the server side of a remote bup session. If you use bup-split(1) or bup-save(1) with the -r option, they will ssh to the remote server and run bup server to receive the transmitted objects. There is normally no reason to run bup server yourself. MODES
smart In this mode, the server checks each incoming object against the idx files in its repository. If any object already exists, it tells the client about the idx file it was found in, allowing the client to download that idx and avoid sending duplicate data. This is bup-server's default mode. dumb In this mode, the server will not check its local index before writing an object. To avoid writing duplicate objects, the server will tell the client to download all of its .idx files at the start of the session. This mode is useful on low powered server hard- ware (ie router/slow NAS). FILES
$BUP_DIR/bup-dumb-server Activate dumb server mode, as discussed above. This file is not created by default in new repositories. SEE ALSO
bup-save(1), bup-split(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-server(1)