Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fsize in default: stanza.
Operating Systems AIX Fsize in default: stanza. Post 302868123 by bakunin on Saturday 26th of October 2013 02:01:43 AM
Old 10-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devyn
I know tar / cpio have limitations on 2GB, even on AIX 7.1, but what about other utilities?
The AIX tar adheres to the USTAR standard, which in turn means: no single input file processed by tar can be larger than 8 GB, but the archive itself can be of (nearly) unlimited size. The reason for the limitation is the data structure of the USTAR header which can't hold size information of more than 8 GB.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

Last edited by bakunin; 10-26-2013 at 03:35 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting the stanza names if the pattern found

Hi Friends, I have a file as below : machine1: abc xyz qwerty machine2: jkl mno machine3: hhh kkk qwerty Now ...i need to find all the stanza names that have the pattern "qwerty'" in it...( i need to get the output as machine1 and machine3 since... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting the stanza fields

Hi Friends, I have a stanza file as below : CuDv: name = "hdisk34" status = 0 chgstatus = 3 ddins = "scsidisk" location = "06-08-02" parent = "fscsi0" connwhere = "W_0" PdDvLn = "disk/fcp/mpioosdisk" CuDv: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

change ulimit fsize permanantly

Hi, on HP-UX when I run command ulimit -a I get time(seconds) 4096 file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) 1048576 stack(kbytes) 8192 memory(kbytes) unlimited coredump(blocks) 4194303 nofiles(descriptors) 4096 Now I want to change file(blocks) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namita.mundada
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract entire stanza using awk?

Hello friends, I have a text file with lot of stanzas with each starting with "O-O-O. Sample file :- 1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 d5 4. cxd5 Nxd5 5. e4 Nxc3 6. bxc3 Bg7 7. Nf3 c5 8. Rb1 O-O 9. Be2 cxd4 10. cxd4 Qa5+ 11. Bd2 Qxa2 12. O-O Bg4 13. Bg5 h6 14. Be3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Stanza File Parser in Pure ksh

As it was ultimately Don Craguns idea that saved the whole project i can as well give something back to the community. This is my stanza file parser, which was written only using ksh without any external programs. The stanza structure There is some inconsistency as to what exactly is meant by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
0 Replies
stanza(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 stanza(4)

NAME
stanza - Stanza file format SYNOPSIS
stanza DESCRIPTION
A stanza file format is used in conjunction with the libAF(3) stanza file library. The stanza file syntax rules are as follows: Separate entries by one or more blank lines. A colon (:) terminates a entry name. A newline terminates an attribute name and value pair. Separate a attribute name and attribute value with an equal sign (=). Separate more than one attribute value with a comma (,). Entry names and attribute names can contain any printable character, except whitespace, a newline, or special characters, unless specified appropriately. Entry attribute values can contain any printable character, except a newline or spe- cial characters, unless specified appropriately. Trailing blanks or tabs are allowed at the beginning or end of lines. A number sign (#) at the beginning of a line indicates a comment. Comments should be included only at the beginning or the end of an entry. The syntax for a stanza file entry is as follows: entry_name: Attribute1_name = Attribute1_value Attribute2_name = Attribute2_value Attribute3_name = Attribute3_value1, Attribute3_value2 . . . The entry_name variable specifies the entry name. The attributes for the entry are specified with the Attribute1_name, Attribute2_name, and Attribute3_name variables. The values for the attributes are specified with the Attribute1_value, Attribute2_value, Attribute3_value1, and Attribute3_value2 variables. Several special quoting characters allow attribute values to contain special values and data representations. If you specify a quoting character, surround the attribute value with quotes. For example, to specify an octal value use the slash character: 07 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: sysconfigdb(8), cfgmgr(8) Functions: libAF(3) Files: /etc/sysconfigtab(4) delim off stanza(4)