Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HTML: Display contents of file using Variable Post 302867967 by jim mcnamara on Friday 25th of October 2013 11:43:24 AM
Old 10-25-2013
Please define "not as expected". html does not necessarily format text in "lines" as they exist in a file. You may need to add paragraph breaks, for example.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to display correctly the contents of a file without a line feed

I am using AIX and ksh. I need to display the contents of a file that has a pid (process id). Because the file is open, it doesn't have the line feed or new line, so for some reason if I do this: `cat $pid` , where $pid is the name of the fully qualified file, it displays test3.sh: 426110:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gato
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to display the output file in an html format using perl

Hi, I have written a perl script to dispaly some statements from a file but i want the output statements to be dispalyed in an HTML format.Is it possible for me to do in perl scripting? Please help me with ur thoughts. Thanks In Advance Meva. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meva
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the contents of a file in a variable

There is a file named file.txt whose contents are: +-----------------------------------+-----------+ | Variable_name | Value | +-----------------------------------+-----------+ | Aborted_clients | 0 | | Aborted_connects | 25683... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a pattern given in one file at other file and display its corresponding contents as output.

***************************************** Right now i have this current system. I have two files say xxx.txt and yyy.txt. xxx.txt is with list of patterns within double quotes. Eg. "this is the line1" "this is the line2" The yyy.txt with lot of lines. eg: "This is a test message which... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinash
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read contents of a file into variable :(

My file is in this format : username : student information : default shell : student ID Eg : joeb:Joe Bennett:/bin/csh:1234 jerryd:Jerry Daniels:/bin/csh:2345 deaverm: Deaver Michelle:/bin/bash:4356 joseyg:Josey Guerra:/bin/bash:8767 michaelh:Michael Hall:/bin/ksh:1547 I have to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dude_me5
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to read contents of a file into variable :(

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to read the contents of each field of a file creating user accounts. The file will be of format : ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dude_me5
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract both contents from a html file and do printing

Hi there, Print IP Address: grep 'HostID :' 10.244.9.124\ nessus.html | awk -F '<br>' '{print $12}' | tr -s ' ' | awk -F ':' '{print "<tr><td>" $2 "</td><td>"}' Print Respective Ports: grep 'classsubsection\|./tcp\|./udp' 10.244.9.124\ nessus.html | grep -v 'h2.classsubsection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Storing file contents to a variable

Hi All, I was trying a shell script. I was unable to store file contents to a variable in the script. I have tried the below but unable to do it. Input = `cat /path/op.diary` Input = $(<op.diary) I am using ksh shell. I want to store the 'op.diary' file contents to the variable 'Input'... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: am24
12 Replies

10. Web Development

How to create a link that will display the contents of a PHP variable?

Greetings, I've wrote a script that when you point your browser to a machine it displays info about itself. Below is a small snippet of the script: <?php $iloipaddr = `ipmitool lan print | grep 'IP Address ' | cut -d\: -f2 | sed 's/ //'`; $sftwrlist = `rpm -qa | sort`; ?> <p><a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
9 Replies
Locale::Po4a::Text(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Locale::Po4a::Text(3)

NAME
Locale::Po4a::Text - convert text documents from/to PO files DESCRIPTION
The po4a (PO for anything) project goal is to ease translations (and more interestingly, the maintenance of translations) using gettext tools on areas where they were not expected like documentation. Locale::Po4a::Text is a module to help the translation of text documents into other [human] languages. Paragraphs are split on empty lines (or lines containing only spaces or tabulations). If a paragraph contains a line starting by a space (or tabulation), this paragraph won't be rewrapped. OPTIONS ACCEPTED BY THIS MODULE
These are this module's particular options: nobullets Deactivate detection of bullets. By default, when a bullet is detected, the bullet paragraph is not considered as a verbatim paragraph (with the no-wrap flag in the PO file), but the module rewraps this paragraph in the generated PO file and in the translation. tabs=mode Specify how tabulations shall be handled. The mode can be any of: split Lines with tabulations introduce breaks in the current paragraph. verbatim Paragraph containing tabulations will not be re-wrapped. By default, tabulations are considered as spaces. breaks=regex A regular expression matching lines which introduce breaks. The regular expression will be anchored so that the whole line must match. debianchangelog Handle the header and footer of released versions, which only contain non translatable informations. fortunes Handle the fortunes format, which separate fortunes with a line which consists in '%' or '%%', and use '%%' as the beginning of a comment. markdown Handle some special markup in Markdown-formatted texts. asciidoc Handle documents in the AsciiDoc format. control[=taglist] Handle control files. A comma-separated list of tags to be translated can be provided. STATUS OF THIS MODULE
Tested successfully on simple text files and NEWS.Debian files. AUTHORS
Nicolas Francois <nicolas.francois@centraliens.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2005-2008 by Nicolas FRANCOIS <nicolas.francois@centraliens.net>. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GPL (see the COPYING file). perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 Locale::Po4a::Text(3)