Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10, adding new LUN from SAN storage Post 302867757 by Peasant on Friday 25th of October 2013 02:33:21 AM
Old 10-25-2013
Seems like multipathing is not active for those new luns from EMC.
Now you see same disk multiple times due multipath not working.

Check out exact model of EMC storage and modify the /kernel/drv/scsi_vhci.conf file for multipathing to work.

You will find information on your vendors site, either Oracle or EMC.

I believe you will need to reboot the operating system for this to work (after the change inside the file).

Hope this helps
Regards
Peasant.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to scan Enterprise storage Lun disk in Solaris

I just installed IBMsdd on Solaris diver along with the patches recommended. I also installed 2 - 2Gigs qlogic fiber cards & the corresponding pkges for the cards. What command can I use to scan this LUN disks from my Soalris servers. Solaris doen't seem to be seeing this disks presented on it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Finding SAN Lun's on Linux.

Am trying to differentiate between the local disks and LUN's presented from SAN onto the server. Have Tried fdisk -l, however I quite cudn't differentiate the local disks from SAN presented LUN's. Can you pls. let me know the procedure and commands to find this. OS - RHEL 4 SAN - EMC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
3 Replies

3. Solaris

SAN Storage to solaris 10 server

Hi, I have configured our SAN Storage to be connected to our new SUN T5220. On the SAn it looks all fine on the server I do not see any connection: cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Condition c1 scsi-bus connected ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
4 Replies

4. AIX

Mount a SAN LUN which contains clone copy - AIX 6.1

Hello Everyone, Can someone help me to mount a SAN hdisk which contains a clone data copy(san) of the remote server to the another machine. Both servers are running in AIX. Thanks in advance ! Regards, Gowtham.G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic SAN LUN query

Hi guys, We have created a LUN on SAN and assigned it to a server. On top of it we have created 4 LVM shares which are holding the data. Is it possible to add this LUN to some other server and access the data on LVM shares?(noob here) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

6. AIX

New to San Storage

Can anyone recommend a good book on san storage basics and how it communicates with an AIX server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't see Newly created LUN by SAN admin

hello, i am an oracle DBA and trying to scan a newly created LUN of 200 GB on fiber channel by SAN admin.we have solaris 10 and SANtoolkit is installed.i tried following to get the new LUN at my machine. go /opt/Netapp/Santoolkit/bin and then ./sanlun lun show but i see only the existing... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: janakors
12 Replies

8. Solaris

LUn' unmapped from storage still showing on Solaris 10

How can i remove LUN's from solaris 10 those are unmapped from SAN? from storage side i got confirmation that they removed lun. but in my solaris box still it's visible. i tried below. root@globalares2.example.com #luxadm -e offline /dev/rdsk/c2t600D02310007D16C42FF09E24B5B8255d0s2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris SAN Storage Multipath and Messages Check Script

Hi everybody, i am working on the new script , its job discover the Storage Env ( especially MultiPATH ) and FC cards for solaris 11 sparc systems for now.. script is seem working ( but may contain any mistakes or bug ) on the oracle Qlogic fc cards on Emc_VMAx systems and Solaris 11 Sparc_64... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ygemici
0 Replies
scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M)			  System Administration Commands			  scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M)

NAME
scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas - add and remove shared Network Appliance network-attached storage (NAS) quorum devices and change various NAS cluster quorum configuration properties or states. SYNOPSIS
scconf {-a|-c|-r} -q name=devicename otheroptions DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. A Network Appliance NAS device can be configured as a quorum device for Sun Cluster. The NAS configuration information consists of: o a device name, which must be unique across quorum devices o a filer name, which defaults to the device name if not specified o a LUN ID, which defaults to 0 if not specified To provide support for NAS devices as quorum devices, the administrator must install the quorum device support module provided by Network Appliance. If this module is not available, scconfprevents the addition of the quorum device. See Sun Cluster With Network-Attached Storage Devices Manual for Solaris OS for instructions about obtaining the support module. Additionally, the iSCSI license must be valid for the Network Appliance device. OPTIONS
The following options can be used for NAS quorum devices. See scconf(1M) for the list of supported generic options. See scconf_quo- rum_dev_netapp_nas(1M) for options that are specific to shared disk quorum devices. The add and remove forms of the command are used to add and remove NAS quorum devices to or from the configuration. The change form of the command is used for changing various properties of cluster quorum configuration. Before you add a quorum device, you must set up and configure the device and the logical unit number (LUN) on the device to be configured as a quorum device. For detailed procedures, see your Network Appliance documentation. For Sun Cluster requirements of device setup, see Sun Cluster With Network-Attached Storage Devices Manual for Solaris OS. After the quorum device is added, you cannot change the type. Add a NAS quorum device: -q -a name=devicename,type=netapp_nas[,filer=filer-name][,lun_id=0] Change a NAS quorum device's configuration: -q -c name=devicename,{maintstate | reset} Remove a NAS quorum device: -q -r name=devicename The -q option supports the following Network Appliance NAS-specific suboptions: filer=filer-name Specifies the name of the device on the network that you can use to access the NAS device when you are using rsh or telnet. lun_id=0 Specifies the LUN ID on the NAS device that will be a NAS quorum device. The LUN ID defaults to 0. When scconf is interrupted or fails while performing quorum-related operations, quorum configuration information can become inconsistent in the cluster configuration database. If an inconsistency occurs, either run the same scconf command again or run it with the reset option to reset the quorum information. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Adding Network Appliance NAS Quorum Devices The following scconf command adds the Network Appliance NAS quorum device qd1. -a -q name=qd1,type=netapp_nas,filer=nas1.sun.com,lun_id=0 Example 2 Removing Network Appliance NAS Quorum Devices The following scconf command removes the Network Appliance NAS quorum device qd1. -r -q name=qd1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clquorum(1CL), cluster(1CL), scconf(1M), scconf-quorum-dev-scsi(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 10 Apr 2006 scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M)