Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help fixing my database script Post 302867185 by CarloM on Wednesday 23rd of October 2013 03:33:47 PM
Old 10-23-2013
At least proof-read your code before you ask - it's not even consistently wrong (or consistently formatted, which would make it a lot easier to read for us, and might help you notice some errors).

A couple of pointers though:
  • That particular if line is actually fine (syntactically, at least), but your case statement is wrong. Look up the correct syntax.
  • You have a whole bunch of missing then and fi in your if statements.
  • I'm not sure if you're expecting the command-line arguments to be in arg1, etc, or those are being set somewhere else, but for shell scripts arguments are in $1, $2, etc.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script: want to insert values in database when update script runs

Hi , I am new to linux and also also to shell scripting. I have one shell script which unpacks .tgz file and install software on machine. When this script runs I want to insert id,filename,description(which will be in readme file),log(which will be in log file) and name of unpacked folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ring
1 Replies

2. Linux

fixing with sed

I am trying to replace the value of $f3 but its not working . I don't know what I am missing here . cat dim_copy.20080516.sql | grep -i "create view" | grep -v OPSDM002 | while read f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 do echo " $f3 " sed -e... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixing corrupted vcard files.

KDE's Kontact PIM breaks quoted-printable vcard files because it linebreaks in the middle of a word. Take this text for example: NOTE;CHARSET=UTF-8;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:=D7=A9=D7=95=D7=A8=D7=94 =D7=A 8=D7=90=D7=A9=D7=95=D7=A0=D7=94.\n=D7=94=D7=A9=D7=95=D7=A8=D7=94 =D7=94=D7= ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixing the width of a word

Is there a way to fix the width of the word being printed to a file? I am trying to create an output to a file with columns , like a spread sheet. I have used "\t" to adjust the columns but still it does not show well in the file, mainly due to the variable length values in the column so \t does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidtd
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help fixing awk statement

awk "BEGIN {if($MessageREAD<$ThresholdW) {print \"OK\" ; exit 0} else if(($MessageREAD>=$ThresholdW) && ($MessageREAD<$ThresholdC)) {print \"WARNING\" ; exit 1}" else if($MessageREAD<=$ThresholdC) {print \"CRITICAL\" ;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

6. AIX

Fixing security problem

Hi I use Rapid 7 to check some servers ( AIX 5.3 ) for security problems. There are 2 problems I don't know to deal with 1. Problem : TCP Sequence Number Approximation Vulnerability Solution : _Enable TCP MD5 Signature 2. Problem : HTTP Basic Authentication Enable Solution : _ Use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixing a shell script

I have this shell script that I wrote to check an input file to see if it is empty or not, and then clean the file from any line that starts with the sign "<" (without quotation marks" and then spell the number of line of the file, and the empty lines, too. The script then will create two output... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with fixing screen position

Hey guys, I am trying to make print a pattern with * on a 10*10 two dimensional array in a for loop and I want the incoming 10*10 to overlap the previous 10*10 so that the * look like it is moving. is there a way to fix the screen position? ever time it prints a 10*10 the screen moves. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit14august
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help fixing awk code

can someone please help me spot and fix the issue with the following code: awk -F, -v SEARCHPATT="(Wed|Tue)" -v ADDISTR="Mon|Tue|Wed|Thu|Fri|Sat|Sun" -vVF="$VALFOUND" "BEGIN{ {D = D = 1 D = D = 2 } $0 ~ "," VF "," {L = 1 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies
Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Structure::Atom - Bioperl structure Object, describes an Atom SYNOPSIS
#add synopsis here DESCRIPTION
This object stores a Bio::Structure::Atom FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Kris Boulez Email kris.boulez@algonomics.com APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new() Title : new() Usage : $struc = Bio::Structure::Atom->new( -id => 'human_id', ); Function: Returns a new Bio::Structure::Atom object from basic constructors. Probably most called from Bio::Structure::IO. Returns : a new Bio::Structure::Atom object x() Title : x Usage : $x = $atom->x($x); Function: Set/gets the X coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the X coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is expected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The X coordinate as a number y() Title : y Usage : $y = $atom->y($y); Function: Set/gets the Y coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Y coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is eypected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Y coordinate as a number z() Title : z Usage : $z = $atom->z($z); Function: Set/gets the Z coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Z coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is ezpected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Z coordinate as a number xyz() Title : xyz Usage : ($x,$y,$z) = $atom->xyz; Function: Gets the XYZ coordinates for an Atom Returns : A list with the value for the XYZ coordinate of the Atom Args : residue() Title : residue Usage : Function: No code here, all parent/child stuff via Entry Returns : Args : icode() Title : icode Usage : $icode = $atom->icode($icode) Function: Sets/gets the icode Returns : Returns the icode for this atom Args : reference to an Atom serial() Title : serial Usage : $serial = $atom->serial($serial) Function: Sets/gets the serial number Returns : Returns the serial number for this atom Args : reference to an Atom occupancy() Title : occupancy Usage : $occupancy = $atom->occupancy($occupancy) Function: Sets/gets the occupancy Returns : Returns the occupancy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom tempfactor() Title : tempfactor Usage : $tempfactor = $atom->tempfactor($tempfactor) Function: Sets/gets the tempfactor Returns : Returns the tempfactor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom segID() Title : segID Usage : $segID = $atom->segID($segID) Function: Sets/gets the segID Returns : Returns the segID for this atom Args : reference to an Atom pdb_atomname() Title : pdb_atomname Usage : $pdb_atomname = $atom->pdb_atomname($pdb_atomname) Function: Sets/gets the pdb_atomname (atomname used in the PDB file) Returns : Returns the pdb_atomname for this atom Args : reference to an Atom element() Title : element Usage : $element = $atom->element($element) Function: Sets/gets the element Returns : Returns the element for this atom Args : reference to an Atom charge() Title : charge Usage : $charge = $atom->charge($charge) Function: Sets/gets the charge Returns : Returns the charge for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigx() Title : sigx Usage : $sigx = $atom->sigx($sigx) Function: Sets/gets the sigx Returns : Returns the sigx for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigy() Title : sigy Usage : $sigy = $atom->sigy($sigy) Function: Sets/gets the sigy Returns : Returns the sigy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigz() Title : sigz Usage : $sigz = $atom->sigz($sigz) Function: Sets/gets the sigz Returns : Returns the sigz for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigocc() Title : sigocc Usage : $sigocc = $atom->sigocc($sigocc) Function: Sets/gets the sigocc Returns : Returns the sigocc for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigtemp() Title : sigtemp Usage : $sigtemp = $atom->sigtemp($sigtemp) Function: Sets/gets the sigtemp Returns : Returns the sigtemp for this atom Args : reference to an Atom aniso() Title : aniso Usage : $u12 = $atom->aniso("u12", $u12) Function: Sets/gets the anisotropic temperature factors Returns : Returns the requested factor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom, name of the factor, value for the factor id() Title : id Usage : $atom->id("CZ2") Function: Gets/sets the ID for this atom Returns : the ID Args : the ID _remove_residue() Title : _remove_residue Usage : Function: Removes the Residue this Atom is atttached to. Returns : Args : _grandparent() Title : _grandparent Usage : Function: get/set a symbolic reference to our grandparent Returns : Args : perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)