Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell script - getting Time difference using awk Post 302867103 by Corona688 on Wednesday 23rd of October 2013 11:45:08 AM
Old 10-23-2013
What's your system? awk has date features on a few systems but not on others.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Difference between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts

Hi, Please give me the detailed Differences between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts. Thanks in advance..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating the time difference, when the script was executed and the currenent file

Hi, I has created the shell script in HP_UX 11.23 and using the command, echo $(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S) > $DIR/alert, placing the time of running the script into a file alert. I want to compare the time in the above file alert with the current time.If difference is more than 5 min, then print the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: velocitnitin
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to display time difference..

Hi i've written a script which reads last two line of the log file from N number of servers and send the mail by redirecting to a particular log file. And the two lines is displayed below. Oracle Q03 Begin Hot BACKUP Time: 07/23/08 18:35:46 Oracle Q03 End Hot BACKUP Time: 07/24/08 14:18:15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Analysis with AWK with Time difference

I would like to write a shell script that calculated the time difference bettween the log entries. If the time difference is higher as 200 sec. print the complette lines out. My Problem is, i am unable to jump in the next line and calculate the time difference. Thank you for your Help. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabian3010
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference Time Unix Shell

I have 2 variables MTIME="Jan_2_2012_23:55:49" SCH_TIME="Jan_03_2012_00:32:28" I want to find the time taken (in seconds) between MTIME and SCH_TIME. Is there any way by which this can be done in Unix Shell Script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitncr
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the time difference between two consecutive line in UNIX perl script

Hi All :o, I have some log files which contains these informations: 2013-04-24 09:11:34.018 INFO XXXXXXXXXXXX 2013-04-24 09:11:34.029 INFO YYYYYYYYYYYY 2013-04-24 09:11:34.039 INFO ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 2013-04-24 09:12:21.295 INFO TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT 2013-04-24 09:12:21.489 INFO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shariquehabib
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date / Time difference in shell script

================================================================================ Request ID GMDCOM TIME GMDRRS TIME COM-RRS ================================================================================ <36812974> Tue Oct 1 13:32:40 2013 Tue Oct 1 20:36:42 2013... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date / Time difference in shell script

Request ID GMDCOMTM GMDRRSTIME GMDRESTIME <36812986> : : :I want to display the date -time difference in other fields. Above I have given for only 1 record. I want to calculate for all the records. (GMCOMTM - GMDRRSTM) ,(GMDRRSTM-GMDRESTM) and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date time difference in UNIX shell script

There are 2 dates, Tue Oct 1 13:40:19 2013 Sun Sept 30 10:26:23 2013 I have multiple dates like the above one. How do I calculate the date time difference and display in another column in Shell script. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanmoysays
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to find time difference between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in access.log

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to determine the time gap between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in the HTTP Servers access log. Normally client will do HTTP PUT to push content e.g. file_1.txt and 21 seconds later it will do HTTP DELETE, but sometimes the time varies causing some issues... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)