Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Radius authorization on Linux clients Post 302866941 by csorhand on Wednesday 23rd of October 2013 03:51:31 AM
Old 10-23-2013
Carpannav,

radius is not built for that purpose. You can try SUDO to control executables rtfm on the sudo and openldap.
This User Gave Thanks to csorhand For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP details for Unix/Linux login clients?

Hi there, I am wondering if by logging in to a unix system, if it is possible to get the IP address of the machine I am connecting FROM. I know how I can do this using the name server, but is this possible without a host lookup?:confused: Thanks, -ghoti (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghoti
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shh authorization problem

I have ssh setup on 2 boxes ( aix / linux ). building a batchjob i have made a plaintext key. I force the command in the authorized_keys file running from aix -> linux ssh -i ~/.ssh/batchkey user@remote works perfect but from linux -> aix it get the following debug1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup apps for Windows server, linux clients?

Hi guys. What would you recommend me a software running on Windows, and it is capable for backing up Windows and Linux (unix is optional) machines? The application should have following features: - Encryption. - Authentication - Open source if possible :) ... I found Amanda, but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
1 Replies

4. AIX

LPAR and AIX VIO Disk Mappring for Linux Clients

VIO Server is managing both AIX Clients and Linux Clients. For AIX Clients, we could do a disk mapping from slot numbers to VIO and also uname -L to determine the lparid and serial number frame its running on. From a Linux Client, How do I know which IBM frame its running on? Any command to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpangulu
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Dial-up PPPoE + Radius authentication in LINUX

Hi All, I am configured radius authentication server and PPPoE in my Linux systems. It is not work.. Kindly help me how to configure pppoe server to authenticate the clients via radius it is working in UNIX FreeBSD for the same not working in linux. Can you have any configuration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thakshina
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

RADIUS server for SSH authorization

Good day to anyone. I need your help. I want to create a centralization server for authorization my users via SSH connections. My manager suggested me a RADIUS + PAM, but frankly speaking I read a lot information about these and understood one thing - RADIUS could work only with password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
0 Replies

7. BSD

problems with authorization via `xauth'

Dear all, I've got problems with X server authentication using `xauth'. The problem is, that I have my local computer running NetBSD 5.1 and a remote computer in LAN which is running Debian GNU Linux. During the login to my NetBSD computer `xdm' generates a magic cookie for my DISPLAY. Then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidorenko
2 Replies
RTFM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   RTFM(1)

NAME
rtfm - a response for easy questions from clueless lusers SYNOPSIS
rtfm [ -p ] [ -h ] [ -d option ] [ -i interval ] [ -a action ] [ -q luser] DESCRIPTION
rtfm is a command for system administrators to use in dealing with new users. rtfm is useful for dealing with users having trouble with their pictures downloaded from alt.binaries.pictures.erotica. rtfm will continue to run until killed by hand, using `kill processid'. rtfm can be invoked by anyone who has enough of a clue to know what a man page is. OPTIONS
-p Give the answer in a polite fashion. -h Tell the clueless luser to go to hell. Used with the -p option, they'll look forward to the trip. -d option Debug mode using option where option is one of the following: query Ask the luser what part of rtfm that he or she does not understand. planet Ask what planet the luser is from. literacy Ask the luser if the luser can read. english Ask the luser if the luser understands English. Mac Ask the luser if the luser has ever used a computer other than a Macintosh. Nintendo Same as the Mac option, but slightly more harsh. -i interval Enable within interval seconds. interval is the time between a luser asking the same damn fool question. This option must be acti- vated for the -a option. It stores the time of the question in /var/run/luser and checks that file each time that rtfm is activated. interval is a number of minutes, of the form xxx.xx where each x is a decimal digit. The default is 5.00 minutes. -a action This defines some action to be taken in the event that the -i flag condition is met. action can be defined either at the flag level or by a file. The options for flags are as follows: scream Let out a scream of utter frustration. hair Rip out your hair in total frustration. rm Automatic command ran in lusers home directory. It can have an addition -rf flag added. ignore Ignore the luser. warn Warn the other sysadmins. forward Forward to CNS advising. Particullary if the complaint is /dev/null is full. kill Kill all the lusers processes. FILE=file.name Use a file to define a course of actions. This can be any executeable file except those using ksh, which no god-fear- ing right-thinking sysadmin would be caught using lest he be struck down by the wrath of God. -q luser Query file /etc/luser to see if luser is a real luser or a first time luser. FILES
/etc/luser SEE ALSO
mr.biff(2), BUGS
rtfm only checks /var/run/luser when the -a option is specified and after the -i option is invoked. Otherwise /tmp would fill up rapidly on many systems. Also, core may dump if the -a FILE= option is anatomically impossible. GNU Utilities July 27, 1997 RTFM(1)